Another MP game??

You already sold it to me for a handful of bullets!

Really you went to war with me over that? Ugh. I was trying to sell it to the Holy Romans for 4 techs. Note when I bought it from the English I had no idea you were attacking them. I just wanted to get a city so I could sell it to get techs. I am so behind. :(

I've tried again, and it told me it had saved (and indeed it created the right named save file), but after that it left me in the main game screen with 'game paused by Steve' again. Anyway I have uploaded the save file so let's see if Joseph can load it...
...if not then at least there's a save file to try to diagnose the state from.

I've tried again, and it told me it had saved (and indeed it created the right named save file), but after that it left me in the main game screen with 'game paused by Steve' again. Anyway I have uploaded the save file so let's see if Joseph can load it...

It's asking for your password koshling...

Once it autosaves, don't ever save again manually. I assume you know this and it's not what's causing this issue. Moving forward from there... you may need to take your turn and rather than ending the turn, save the turn. Then we have something we can evaluate where the problem is taking place (once the red button is pushed). It's already an embedded problem by the time it creates a save that will load and ask for your password.

Ok. I'll spend another 90 minutes playing it yet again tomorrow and post a save from the point it asks me to press enter to end turn, but before doing so

Ok. I'll spend another 90 minutes playing it yet again tomorrow and post a save from the point it asks me to press enter to end turn, but before doing so
Sorry!

Why not just click the red button???? Has work for 4+ years now....
Koshling please don't declare war on me then when you retake your turn. I will just gift you the city of York then.
Whoa! Hey Magnus look at this! And "players of America are whiners"??? :lol::p:rolleyes: It's all right for Hydro to beg. But I can't banter??? :crazyeye: Give me a break! :nono:

Why not just click the red button???? Has work for 4+ years now....
That's what's not working right. The game is not progressing to the next player's turn when he ends his. He said there's some python errors popping up on this so I'm really hoping I can get a clue enough to resolve what's holding things up. But since he's ended the turn and the game saves with his turn still active, the saves being generated when he ends the turn are hopelessly corrupted already. So I need a save from just before he would end his turn so I can follow the processing that takes place then and see if I can figure out where it gets hung up and why (and more importantly how to fix and/or avoid it.)

That's what's not working right. The game is not progressing to the next player's turn when he ends his. He said there's some python errors popping up on this so I'm really hoping I can get a clue enough to resolve what's holding things up. But since he's ended the turn and the game saves with his turn still active, the saves being generated when he ends the turn are hopelessly corrupted already. So I need a save from just before he would end his turn so I can follow the processing that takes place then and see if I can figure out where it gets hung up and why (and more importantly how to fix and/or avoid it.)
No. The Python errors only occurred if I reload the saved game it creates when I press end turn (in which it still asks for my password). They do not occur when I end the turn - that causes the save to happen without reporting any errors but then does not advance the turn. I think they are just a consequence of the game trying to process my turn a second time, not related to the underlying cause

No. The Python errors only occurred if I reload the saved game it creates when I press end turn (in which it still asks for my password). They do not occur when I end the turn - that causes the save to happen without reporting any errors but then does not advance the turn. I think they are just a consequence of the game trying to process my turn a second time, not related to the underlying cause
If the game is coming back to you when you load the save that is autogenerated at the end of your turn, then the problem is still happening somewhere in the sequence where you ended the turn. Hopefully, it's more visible in the DLL and NOT a python problem and those are, as you say, just secondary error factors.

Ok. Tried again. This time I saved and then pressed the button to end the turn (which creates another save). I **think** it worked (I checked the final save and it loads to Lincoln's turn). From now on I will make a precautionary save immediately before ending turn, but for now I think we're good...

Joseph, please confirm it loads ok for you.

Ok. Tried again. This time I saved and then pressed the button to end the turn (which creates another save). I **think** it worked (I checked the final save and it loads to Lincoln's turn). From now on I will make a precautionary save immediately before ending turn, but for now I think we're good...

Joseph, please confirm it loads ok for you.
Wow... crisis averted by avoiding a particular random... sounds like this might have been a problem in an event.

Wow... crisis averted by avoiding a particular random... sounds like this might have been a problem in an event.
Maybe. I took a slightly different path this time (not attacking York since Hydro says he will give it to me if I don't). I also set a research path this time, which I had forgotten to do previously (so my current research 'ran out' in the other attempts which would make asking for what to research next the first thing it would process the following turn). Not sure what the key difference was, but if it happens again I'll make sure to have the just-before save to provide to you.

Maybe. I took a slightly different path this time (not attacking York since Hydro says he will give it to me if I don't). I also set a research path this time, which I had forgotten to do previously (so my current research 'ran out' in the other attempts which would make asking for what to research next the first thing it would process the following turn). Not sure what the key difference was, but if it happens again I'll make sure to have the just-before save to provide to you.
Probably a good practice for all of us once we start getting into turns taking the amount of time they are now. I imagine replaying that turn 3 times was... ick.

Magnus next!

Top Bottom