1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

At game start, we are able to select the number of civilisation as well as choose the specific civilisations. Can developer also enable player to choose number of city-state and choose specific city-state.

Haig likes this.
  2. bitula

bitula Chieftain

I imagine the trade bug can’t be worse than the original issue which it supposedly fixed, namely that you could acquire any amount of strategic resource and luxuries by repeatedly selling a single strategic resource in the same turn, therefore rendering the strategic resource and amenity aspect of the game non-existent. Or? (I’m still not playing though, because some here say the trade is even more broken…).

skodkim likes this.
  3. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

That sounds like an exploit that you can choose not to use. The trade bug is simply a game breaking bug. Only way around the latter is by manually making what you think is "realistic trade deals", but AFAIK that would give you a positive diplo modifier as you give the AI a better deal than they expected.

\Skodkim

Stilgar08 likes this.
  4. SaiH

SaiH Chieftain

I can confirm that. In my first standard speed game after the patch, I did not notice any strange trade issues.

5. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Warlord

There is a slider for the number of city-states already in the game. Personally, I wouldn't want to be able to choose which ones, though. I think that is better left to being random so that you work with what you get.

bbbt, Meluhhan, Phoenix1595 and 2 others like this.
  6. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Why would that be any worse than getting to select who your opponent major civs are, though? Just because the option to select is there wouldn't mean you'd have to use it. And there may be times where some players may want to try out a particular strategy that's city state dependent. Getting to add that city state in would be better than having to re-roll until they get it randomly.

Personally, I think the start game menu should also include the ability to exclude certain city states (and major civs).

Pietato, Klinn, acluewithout and 6 others like this.
  7. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

[QUOTE="
    Personally, I think the start game menu should also include the ability to exclude certain city states (and major civs).[/QUOTE]

Yes. At times, I would like to have some specific city-states and as Canuck mentioned, I have to restart several times till I get the specific city state....for example Jerusalem, Zanzibar, etc

8. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I would be happy if at least they normalize the results a bit, so that you get at least one of each, and a more or less equal distribution of city states types.

9. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Warlord

Something is downloading on my Steam account right now that it is not labeled as a Mod update from the workshop. Anyone is getting something like this? It doesn't tell me the fils size though. Weird.

Meluhhan likes this.
  10. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Warlord

You are right. And I guess using it to try out a different strategy would be useful. I don't think I would be tempted to use it otherwise, and this would be pushing it for me, but yes that is me.

Edit: clarification.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  11. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Warlord

It validated something for a while and then finally showed that it downloaded 864 bytes. Again, it was not Workshop Content.

12. Kwami

Kwami Warlord

I didn't get a download.

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

They updated the Mac and Linux QA and non-QA branches this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a hotfix ready for the trade bugs, but no change to the public PC game yet.

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  14. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

I finally found out that the great works window can be scrolled with the mouse wheel. I hate the new drag and drop system, it's counterintuitive and makes it so much more of a hassle to switch things around. Also, WHY DO PAINTINGS STILL HAVE A 10 TURN TIMER TO BE MOVED????????? @FXS_Sarah @FXS_MisterKevin @dshirk

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I concur. There is probably a hotfix in the works.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  16. FenrisWolf456

FenrisWolf456 Chieftain

This is sort of circular, though. If you are warring with other civs, you are probably pillaging and getting heaps of gold (which people have been saying can get quite outrageous). Warring/Pillaging players are the more likely to have a larger army in more need of quicker upgrading to continue their war efforts, so now higher upgrading costs are introduced to give them something to spend all that gold on, which leads to more pillaging to fund the war machine. Meanwhile, more peaceful players can plan out when to do their upgrading and have more leeway in doing so; they will likely not need to upgrade to tanks right away if things are peaceful. So this seems fine in my books

17. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Dennis Shirk was on the forums last week asking for saves that highlighted trade bug, so it would be fantastic if this is the case.

18. criZp

criZp Warlord

well of course it can?

19. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

How is that an of course?

Pietato likes this.
  20. criZp

criZp Warlord

because it is a scroll panel, and all of the other ones in the game can be controlled with the wheel

Stilgar08, Chocolate Pi and DWilson like this.