• Yes, Rest of World

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • No, Rest of World

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • N/A - Can't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Funny how you are so gallant with other people's bodies :p
I think it makes perfect sense for those who apparently need it the most, to get it first. Let's not act like these vaccines were a thing a few months ago.
People who spread COVID-19 are literally responsible for killing people. Sod off.

mRNA vaccines have not been licensed yet, but research and development has been ongoing for decades, especially in the context of cancer. This didn't come out of nowhere. It's the result of a lot of scientific progress. They've largely been disqualified from use in the past due to the requirements of storage and delivery (special freezers).

personally I do not plan to get vaccinated as soon as humanly possible. I skip almost all vaccination unless it's absolutely necessary. the last time I was vaccinated was before travelling to India, since I'm not about to die from Polio. if the vaccine is available to anyone and there are no shortages, the side effects are well explored and CoVid is still raging, I will probably take the vaccine.

Take it now and save lives. This isn't a travel vaccine, it's a "people in your local area will die if you don't take it" vaccine.

Funny how you are so gallant with other people's bodies :p
I think it makes perfect sense for those who apparently need it the most, to get it first. Let's not act like these vaccines were a thing a few months ago. Then again if it was either likely death, or vaccine, anyone would have more than enough reason to get it.

I also think the political leadership HAS to get the vaccine, since it will show they actually trust it (also, if they get side-effects, surely that's a plus)

What, and then get accused of queue jumping?
They can and should wait their turn.

isn't the moral of this story moreso than reckless and egocentric behavior is instrumental in making an individual a superspreader, rather than about vaccination? sure, the vaccination would have helped in that situation, but so would self-isolation.

Depends. Are you, today, getting tested every single day so that you can self-isolate the moment the virus is presented in your system? Do you think daily testing is viable for average people and preferable over two-time vaccination? Do you think the average person can be a reasonable distance away from everyone during their self-isolation, and require no supports or close contact with others?

Ok, mr. terrorist.

You don't have to worry about dying if you catch the virus. Syn did.

There are disabled people who are afraid to go to the emergency room for non-COVID issues because they know that if they contract the virus while there and it gets to the point of triage, they will be left to die in favour of ableds.

There are disabled people who are afraid to go to the emergency room for non-COVID issues because they know that if they contract the virus while there and it gets to the point of triage, they will be left to die in favour of ableds.
Several hospitals also won't admit non-COVID patients if they are in active outbreak. If your city has one hospital and it's in an outbreak, tough luck for you.

Not to mention that normal, scheduled medical appointments are delayed or outright cancelled. Even things like cancer treatments are put on the backburner.

lately I've had to make a pretty grave decision: my grandma was terribly ill and it looked like she only had days left. she was constantly alone in the hospital, because visitors weren't allowed, not even family, terrified and generally miserable. I was pondering whether it was morally okay to visit her (by the time I would arrive, she'd be back home), whether I wanted to risk infecting her or someone else. she obviously wanted to be visited, all of my grandparents still do actually. would you risk infecting yourself, your family and other people around you in order to make a loved one's death less tortuous and give them some solace, maybe get closure for yourself? or would you prefer to rather stay safe and not take the chance that absolutely nothing bad will happen from your visit? I had been in a similiar scenario previously. my granddad was seriously ill and about to die. everyone in my family besides me was able to pay him a visit in the hospital, talk to him for a bit and say some final words. everyone besides me, since I was stuck in Latin America. not getting any form of closure with him has been bothering me for my entire life.

Take it now and save lives.

no thanks, I won't enter a hospital while this city has the worst 7-day-incidence since the virus got here, and it will likely not be possible for a long time to get treated at home unless it is the only way. I have already said that I will take the vaccine once I'm sure it's safe, and I agree with other posters scepticism towards both Phizer and Bayer. luckily there are many other suppliers, so this should not be an issue.

just in your last post you were lamenting how especially those people that are healthy and not in a risk group should prioritize getting vaccinated themselves. I partially agree with you, because they take little risk in doing so. I have a much higher chance of actually catching CoVid (my immune system hasn't been doing so well lately) and being killed by it.

also, just as an fyi, failing to save someone else's live is clearly not the same as killing someone. purposefully giving someone AIDS is not the same as accidentally infecting someone. you calling people murderers because they don't align with your idea of what proper pandemic etiquette is is frankly not nice.

some people have been thriving under self-isolation, but as someone who likes to travel a lot and be social, this has been mostly hell for my mental health. so badly that this, plus the stress from work and uni, has actively affected my cardiac health. I'm already trying my best every day by restricting myself from seeing friends, family, being in open places and travelling, while all around me people are going to Hawaii, holding wine tastings or partying without masks in densely packed clubs with no ventilation. I can't even breathe properly with a mask and am required to wear it outside all the time. even when walking to a grocer on a lonely street.

Your mentality of "everyone should do literally everything in their power to save other people's lives, otherwise they're a murderer" is one I actually see with a lot of people. it's great if you can do all that while staying sane. not everyone can, though. you're making it sound like all of this is a complete no-brainer, but for a lot of people there is serious risk and other negatives involved in adhering to your perfect standards of what a person should do during a pandemic.

Last edited:
personally I do not plan to get vaccinated as soon as humanly possible. I skip almost all vaccination unless it's absolutely necessary.
Most vaccines ARE absolutely necessary. By not getting crucial vaccines you are directly contributing to the potential resurgence of whatever diseases you've decided to skip the vaccine for.

Certainly. Then again I live half the planet away from Syn, so I am hardly his issue...
By the above I only mean that if I realistically played a role on how he fares, there might be some kind of point. Now there's only the bizarre shaming attempt.

Most vaccines ARE absolutely necessary. By not getting crucial vaccines you are directly contributing to the potential resurgence of whatever diseases you've decided to skip the vaccine for.

No offense, but I much prefer coming down with a flu once every blue moon compared to going to the hospital every single year in order to get my shot. I know of no "necessary" vaccines that I've missed, unless you do consider a yearly flu shot to be necessary.

Now there's only the bizarre shaming attempt.

Shaming has been the name of the game ever since the outbreak. I've gotten my fair share for not using the App (that horsehocky makes me absolutely neurotic) and for meeting up with friends outside.

I’m likely gonna pass on it due because I have no health insurance and a trip to the doctor would likely be pricy.

no thanks, I won't enter a hospital while this city has the worst 7-day-incidence since the virus got here, and it will likely not be possible for a long time to get treated at home unless it is the only way. I have already said that I will take the vaccine once I'm sure it's safe, and I agree with other posters scepticism towards both Phizer and Bayer. luckily there are many other suppliers, so this should not be an issue.

just in your last post you were lamenting how especially those people that are healthy and not in a risk group should prioritize getting vaccinated themselves. I partially agree with you, because they take little risk in doing so. I have a much higher chance of actually catching CoVid (my immune system hasn't been doing so well lately) and being killed by it.

also, just as an fyi, failing to save someone else's live is clearly not the same as killing someone. purposefully giving someone AIDS is not the same as accidentally infecting someone. you calling people murderers because they don't align with your idea of what proper pandemic etiquette is is frankly not nice.

some people have been thriving under self-isolation, but as someone who likes to travel a lot and be social, this has been mostly hell for my mental health. so badly that this, plus the stress from work and uni, has actively affected my cardiac health. I'm already trying my best every day by restricting myself from seeing friends, family, being in open places and travelling, while all around me people are going to Hawaii, holding wine tastings or partying without masks in densely packed clubs with no ventilation. I can't even breathe properly with a mask and am required to wear it outside all the time. even when walking to a grocer on a lonely street.

Your mentality of "everyone should do literally everything in their power to save other people's lives, otherwise they're a murderer" is one I actually see with a lot of people. it's great if you can do all that while staying sane. not everyone can, though.

Good, I don't want to be nice. Just because it hurts your feefees that you pose a danger to those around you doesn't make it any less true. If you have the knowledge and capability of protecting others, of not spreading a pandemic, and you choose to not do that, you have actively made the decision to put others around you in harm's way.

It is not a big ask. Avoid people or get vaccinated. Five minutes and you're done and clear. If you're unwilling, make the other choice to protect people. This has been made clear by professionals of every cohort in medicine over the past ten months.

You say you can't avoid people. Cool. Take the damn vaccine.

I’m likely gonna pass on it due because I have no health insurance and a trip to the doctor would likely be pricy.

The US has provisions in place to cover all costs of COVID-19 treatment and management.

No offense, but I much prefer coming down with a flu once every blue moon compared to going to the hospital every single year in order to get my shot. I know of no "necessary" vaccines that I've missed, unless you do consider a yearly flu shot to be necessary.
Your risk assessment is way off base if you'd rather "come down with the flu" every once in a while than go get a shot once a year. No offense, but it seems like you don't actually know how serious the flu can be.

My parents view the flu shot in a similar fashion as you, and we've told them they cannot see our infant daughter this winter unless they get it, because she can't get it. There are lots of people who cannot get flu shots and taking only yourself into account is incredibly selfish.

I'd say mandatory vaccination, the same we do for school entry would be the best way forward. The other end being given anti-vax is a thing I'd say we are probably going to have to do the travel "yellow fever" form for entry into large public gatherings, ie football games, etc.

Now there's only the bizarre shaming attempt.

COVID-19 is an inconvenience for you. It's literally life or death for us. We don't deserve to die because someone else can't be arsed to follow basic safety precautions. That includes vaccines.

COVID-19 is an inconvenience for you. It's literally life or death for us. We don't deserve to die because someone else can't be arsed to follow basic safety precautions. That includes vaccines.

I am sure your life isn't under threat from what I personally do - so what exactly is your concern here?
At any rate, your rights end where my rights begin - and taking the vaccine or not certainly is my right.

I am sure your life isn't under thread from what I personally do - so what exactly is your concern here?
At any rate, your rights end where my rights begin - and taking the vaccine or not certainly is my right.
Well, if you use your oversized brain, you might be able to determine that people like Aimee exist around you, and your actions regarding public safety in a pandemic pose direct danger to them.

(This is of course ignoring that it's not only disabled people you pose a risk to, it's just average, ordinary, everyday people.)

Well, if you use your oversized brain, you might be able to determine that people like Aimee exist around you, and your actions regarding public safety in a pandemic pose direct danger to them.

(This is of course ignoring that it's not only disabled people you pose a risk to, it's just average, ordinary, everyday people.)

Eh, first of all, try to be civil, unless you don't mind being thought of as something less.
Secondly, that is exactly my point: who are you to present yourself as the savior of others in general? Get real, please.

Top Bottom