Any Flag Makers Out There?

I like the dragon, though I think it needs a bit of contrast to make the head stand out more. I kind of dig dragons, and that's a really cool one. Much more original than mine, I was just refining billybones' flag. I like both ideas, maybe one could be our battle flag and the other could be our "state seal" or our official flag. I know the United States had the "Don't tread on me" flag with a coiled rattlesnake during our revolutionary war as a battle flag, so countries having multiple flags is very appropriate. I like a flag that changes as the country does, sort like how the American flag changed, adding more stars for more states. Whatever is decided, I'm glad I could be a part of it.

Alright, here is a demonstration of the evolving arms concept. Lets say we just won a long, bloody war with our nemesis, the English.

We could show our dragon, scarred but triumphant, trampling their shield.

Or let's say we dominate the world's oceans.

then we use that naval prowess to strike at our enemies from the sea.

And then an important alliance with the Arabs.

We don't have to follow this path, it's just to give you an idea of how flexible the design is. After all, 6050 years is a long time to have one flag. Many nations have flags that have evolved over time.

Yes, I like the idea of an evolving flag. Can you put the dragon in front of a Gaelic shield?

I like the idea of the flag changing over time. The dragon looks good to me.

Yup. We be draggin' on the start of this game. Let's vote people and give your opinions on our issues. :goodjob:

Some more flag ideas if it's not too late:

Longus, we are Celtia, not Led Zeppelin :band:
nice flags tho...

:lol: Some of them are a little Led Zeppelin aren't they? What can I say... Celtia, to me, just sounds like a rock nation :rockon:

Nice Longus! The 5th and 6th ones are my favourites, I can't decide between the plain green and green and white backgrounds.

Thanks Furiey, that's the Celtic tree of eternity in the shield. As for the backgrounds, I wasn't sure if the green/white combined w/ the red dragon just looks too Welsh?

Yeah! Really nice. Good work, Longus. I like the progression of the full dragons (if we use an evolving flag) and of the half dragons, I like the white one, next to last. But they are all great.

impressive, Did you freehand all of that? What program are you using? Mine is not so refined, as I merely use ms paint. whatever it is, it looks good.

Actually, it looks more like Longus designed these at a flag website. Just a guess. I haven't been on one in years. It is really good work.

Is your work all freehand, montizzle? If so, you're really good.

It is freehand, and thank you. I try. Will a poll be used to determine our first flag? I was thinking, do we want to select a flag, then on a monthly basis ratify the design and/or changes? Or perhaps have the designer (as all have proven to have an eye for it) act as state herald, proposing changes or executing them as the will of the people deems necessary? This could be done, but it is not provided for in the constitution.

In the past, we have asked the flag makers to put together their main entries, or in the case of our evolving flag scheme, a brief synopsis of your plans. This would all be done in this thread and when you all are satisfied with your entry, we put them in a poll for the citizens to vote on. None of my entries ever won, darn it. But we have had some really killer flags. Um, same goes with banners and crests and official seals. We take all comers. If your flag doesn't win in the flag poll, maybe some quick redisgn will make it a winner in the War Flag, or the dynasty banner, or the crest poll. Plenty of options here.

Ya know, I was just thinking. We might need a Minister of Propaganda to handle all of this. Hmm.

impressive, Did you freehand all of that? What program are you using? Mine is not so refined, as I merely use ms paint. whatever it is, it looks good.

Thanks :) They're part freehand but elements (the tree & spears for the shield for example) are pre-constructed images. I used photoshop (what else?) to put them together & add shadows & a bit of fake depth.

I have to admit that I followed your lead w/ the dragons & the idea of the shield in the first place but I didn't really have any particular progression in mind, just presenting alternative designs.

I can fiddle around w/ them and change elements if people like them but I didn't mean to step on your toes montizzle - you were here first.

Nonsense, you're not stepping on anyone's toes. This is a competition, after all, and competition is healthy. It allows more growth and experimentation in the designs. I just wanted to know how you made the waves.

nice Longus :) never knew you had those talents, mate :p

on a sidenote, perhaps the flag file(s) could be animated into flc files? if so, we could plug them into the game and have them viewable in-game...just a thought.

Ok, people let's move closer to picking our nation's flag. We've been getting a lot of compliments, but not much direction from the designers. So, I've decide to put up a poll, YES I'm going to call it a flag poll. I just want to run these ideas up and see if you salute. ;)

There will be four main groupings of flags. Each flag will have a title under it. This is how you will identify the flag. These pics will not be in the poll, only the flag titles. You will need to decide which flag you want to vote for from the pics below. This will take two posts, so be aware of that (didn't want all this going in one post). Post any comments or concerns below. We need to get this ball rollin'. BTW, Longus3 and Longus4 lost some color in the processing. Sorry. The originals are in this thread.

Attachments

• Flag Poll4.gif
    Flag Poll4.gif
    46.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Flag Poll1.gif
    Flag Poll1.gif
    142.1 KB · Views: 301
Top Bottom