Anybody else is addicted ?

Women are always like "-1 you have traded with our worst enemy!".

Yeah. All the time. Too bad when you turn off your alarm clock though, waking up 15 mins before you have to leave for school because your father is yelling at you :)

Oh, and this is the closest you come to a "Anonymeous Civholics" forum...

Eh,, more fun examples of C-IV addiction - you play pirates with a friend, he finds himself an East Indiaman to plunder and you say:

"East Indiaman - replaces Galleon for the dutch empire, 4 cargo space, 6 strength, instead of 3 cargo 4 strength, same hammer cost, available with Astronomy, upgrades to transport."

And whenever someone says the name of a tech, even in another context, you mention all the abilities of the tech, the citing and whom is cited.

Or, when I through my geneaology-studies finally find traces of my great grandfathers brother in New York, and it turns out he was the owner of a pig iron factory, I do not say: "Yeah, finally I found him!", but I yell out: "Pig iron, I've got pig iron! I REALLY got pig iron!"

6 months of not playing civ4 and counting. Too much on my plate with grad school and a new job, so I uninstalled the game and deleted the backup copy. On the other hand, I now visit the Civfanatics forum daily, hmm, maybe it is a new addiction.

Maybe you guys should start "Civ Annonymous"...

The other night, I spent an hour regenerating maps because I couldn't find the perfect one. It's a little like finding a woman... when you finally get a good one, you can't help wondering after awhile if you could do better. Or, maybe I'm just overly picky about my maps.

LOL! I totally do this, and then seconds after u hit regen, you think about what could have been..... what you might have missed out on....

Anyone else have dreams about crazy starting locations where u have like 10 resources in the BFC?

What about waking up on your day off and thinking... "I'll just play a few turns and then go out and do something". Next thing you know it's dark outside and your spaceship has just been launched.

That made me laugh. My lovely ex-girlfriend got me to quit this game a month after I got it. I picked it back up again a few months ago...the game not the girlfriend. That sounds pretty pathetic when you put it in writing. :eek:

That made me laugh. My lovely ex-girlfriend got me to quit this game a month after I got it. I picked it back up again a few months ago...the game not the girlfriend. That sounds pretty pathetic when you put it in writing. :eek:

Where are your diplomatic skills, guys? Can't you see that you have to give your lady a tech or two? That way she can share your best friend, and you'll end up with: +4 "Our mutual struggle .... .... " ;)

(But beware, she might like your friend so much that you'll never be able to drag her away from the computer - and she might end up posting in this thread. :D)

at work i switched my mouse to left-handed so that when i get home to play my right-hand isn't tired
good idea!
I have developped a civ elbow too !

:D LOL... I did this too some months ago and also changed to a trackball mouse at home... now everyone at work using my PC is getting nutz :crazyeye: because I changed the buttons for my left hand use... its always very funny!!! Even when I tell them "buttons swapped" they cannot manage to use it properly :lol:

I now can properly work with Photoshop left handed. Its amazing how fast you get used to using your other hand for doing things when you do it on a daily basis. Though my "strong" hand remains my right one...

well, the worst problem, is with my wife... but i managed to control my adicction, because, im to good for monarch level but too bad for emperor... so the game its getting boring ... specially im playing civ.. since civ I, so ....
when i get back home... im going to play civ and see what happend...
:)

Why do I keep getting:

-10 You made an arrogant demand! ??

Heh, I like to leave post-it notes reminding me what to build where, so that I never get confused after school. And I do my homework inbetween turns in the Future Era. Stupid computer!

Had surgery recently and the three days I spent in the hospital was intolerable. The doctors were getting exasperated with me when I keep telling me I was well enough to go home so I could get back to playing Civ :D

I can't see how people can play it everyday. It eats up a lot of time, but that makes me not want to play when I only have a few hours.

Also, sometimes I reach a major decision point, and I want to stop to think about it.

Oh damn I leaped on this when I saw the subject line. I know I have an addictive personality, but I've never had to be too careful about it because I tend to get bored with things long before they become a problem. Not Civ IV though... I keep trying to "play it out of my system," but it's not working.

I'm definitely addicted in any reasonable definition of the word... I'm in law school with exams fast approaching, and I've been to so few classes that I can't even figure out what my professors look like.

5. You think Isabella could be very nasty in bed.

I must be suffering from addiction then.

I wish there was some way you could make a diplomatic agreement with her where you could give her a tech. in exchange for her spending the night with you...:crazyeye:

Top Bottom