1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] April Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

With the Barbarian Clans mode, you can really cheese with Georgia by setting up Barbarian farms, reaping Gold and Faith in the process.

2. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

Ok, so if you want to be on the best terms possible with every civ, why do you care about losing the ability to declare a special type of war? What is the logic behind that?

3. Duke William of Normandy

"Defeating an Enemy Unit within the borders of an Enemy City causes that City to lose 20 Loyalty and 40 Loyalty if that Civilization is an a Golden or Heroic Age."

Through the wording here, it appears that the bonus scales based on the type of Age the Civ is in.

nzcamel and PiR like this.
  4. kryat

kryat King

I agree in principle, (though faith has many, many more uses than religion by now). In practice, sometimes Teddy and John Curtain have other ideas than being friends.

5. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Big Q for Lautaro with the changes is whether that +4 loyalty to nearby cities stacks or not. If it does, and it stacks with Amani, you could potentially get like +10 or +14 easy bonus towards your empire. They basically turn into the "active" version of Eleanor, where you setup your governors, then fight your way to flip to free cities. Especially in dramatic ages mode, free cities can easily turn opposing cities into slightly negative loyalty that your conquest can quickly bring to 0 to flip.

nzcamel, Meluhhan, Pietato and 4 others like this.
  6. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I just tested this again and it seems like you can NOT upgrade units two steps at once if you are missing the tech for the first step.
    I took Babylon for the test since it is the best civ to get keep the test short. After getting two xBows I was not able to upgrade my spearman since I was missing the tech for Pikemen.

Spoiler Screens :
    20210412183506_1.jpg 20210412183456_1.jpg

After getting a kill on him I could upgrade him directly to a Pike and Shot.

Spoiler Screens :
    20210412184409_1.jpg 20210412184348_1.jpg

nzcamel, Meluhhan, Starina and 6 others like this.
  7. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Tietäjä

The way how I understood is -20 loyalty to enemy city if the owner is in Dark or Normal Age and -40 loyalty if the owner is in Golden or Heroic Age.
    (I hope I am not misunderstanding you).

8. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

Canada goes from "sneaky good" to "pretty good", IMO.

Key thing to remember is that (unless they FINALLY fix it), the AI will not declare war on you, ever. You can forward settle them, denounce them, make ridiculous demands of them, whatever you want to do and they won't care. This means you shouldn't train any more units than you need to hold barbarians at bay (so like, 1 extra warrior).

I already typically straight for astrology when I play as them... build a warrior or slinger while you wait for it to finish. Once it does, plop down a holy site and run prayers while our two units focus on keeping the barbs at bay (hold off on exploring a bit for now). Run prayer projects after the holy site is done. You have a pretty good chance at getting Dance of the Auroras, and a REALLY good chance at getting first choice of pantheon (be it work ethic or choral music). From there, alternate between settlers and builders and make those tundra tiles strong (especially now that they've been boosted again). You can use the gold that accumulates to buy a scout or two or save up for monuments.

As the game progresses, settle every bit of tundra you can find across the map since the AI will usually avoid those spots until late. You can turn the tiles into ones worth working and you won't ever have to worry about the AI trying to conquer them either.

Finish up with strong hockey rinks and with national parks all over the place (you can now build 2 with one mountie). Sit and wait for your cultural or diplomatic victory to come. Easy peasy!

9. Duke William of Normandy

Ooooohhhhh... Now I see your point. That makes sense now.

PiR likes this.
  10. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

No idea. Neither of us three run the social media thing. I'd guess it'll be up shortly?

Bosque, Noble Zarkon, Equilin and 6 others like this.
  11. Duke William of Normandy

Maybe. That's odd, though. This hasn't happened before.

12. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

Khmer changes are my favorite. Do I see it correctly they took away a relic bonus from them?

13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'm sure that's what you are implied to do, coupled with the defensive Tsikhe already.

Is that any different than going for a diplo victory and having to declare a Protectorate War on someone else attacking your allied city-state?

14. Duke William of Normandy

Yeah. No more sacrificing Missionaries to gain Relics or another Relic Slot.

AriaLyric likes this.
  15. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Yeah, I couldn't make any meaningful impact on city loyalty when I played the Mapuche. Ultimately a pointless feature unless the city is already on the verge of flipping... in which case, you can just wait for it to do so naturally.

16. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Never said the Protectorate War ability was that good either. However, it at least has some synergy with their other abilities and you can still get bonus from simply declaring the war even if the CS you want to protect is on the other side of the world or something.

Well, if the new unit is at Military Tactics since the unique units there are replacements of it, then Domination victory will just become worse because the new melee units are nice but not necessary.

17. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder Vietnam & Māori Main

I'm glad they took away the Martyr Missionaries, as they were annoyingly finicky since missionaries can't initiate combat, but I wish they had kept the extra relic slot on top of everything else. I love reliquaries but now the only civs with bonuses to relics are Poland and Kongo (and I guess Sweden with Apadana, Mont Saint Michel, St.Basil's, and Giovanni di Medici), and Kongo can't even reliably get reliquaries.
    Would keeping the slots in addition to everything else be kinda OP? Yeah. Do I mind? Nope!

18. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

Agreed that Canada didn't need a huge buff to improve them.

Preserves were also a low key buff to Canada. So much easier to get national parks now so the mountie change is very nice.

One annoyance that I can see though is that their improved tundra tiles are going to end up being super specialized into either production or food. The AI already has a bad habit of working the worst tiles possible... Canada is going to be very micromanagey... If that is a word.

19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So, I feel like they wouldn't be telling us to keep our social media notifications on if they weren't going to have more Civ-related news within the year.

Whether that means another season pass, a spin-off game, or Civ VII is up for debate.

nzcamel, Hawke9, kryat and 3 others like this.
  20. Ticio

Ticio Prince

I personally think that the changes made to Spain are insane!

If you have Madrid, with a government plaza (+districts), +magnus (logistics) your new cities in other continents will grow like crazy with the production change and the 25% to districts!

The added % to districts is the best change for me, as it helps the production yields to stay useful even at the end of the game. +1 production is not the same at the start of the game as at the end, this allows Spain to make new cities even in late game that can become megalopolis!

You will make naval districts like nothing. I'm a little sad for the lost of the food bonus per traderoute (it helkped a lot making grow your cities) but it makes a lot of sense as they have added faith. This make Casa de Contratación one of the best wonders for Spain. I mean, it was already but now with these insane yields! add the % of la casa and wow!

And the extra builder is the cherry on the top. You will be able to put missions immediatly, gaining the bonuses helping grow, but most important! gaining loyalty if you need it.

I think that the changes made to Spain are very strong. Maybe they should add a start bias to Geothermal Fissures but with the new changes they are not so dependant on starting just close to a new continent (if you are lucky, it's fantastic but now they can survive longer without a new continent for the first new cities).

I'm a little sad they did not add something that force them to colonize different continents. If you find a second continent that is big enough, you do not have to look for new ones :(

Hawke9, Xandinho, PiR and 1 other person like this.