[NFP] April Update Video

This was its Vanilla Ability, so it's nothing shocking or new. :p

If Spain is able to build the two at fleets and Armadas then I'm all for it because I certainly was aggravated when I had to manually build 2 unis just to get a fleet. The purpose of fleets and Armadas was so that you saved production for a more efficient unit.

Personally, Military Tactics is the worst tech in the game. It's has a really restrictive Eureka as few civs actively want Spearmen and it's out of line with all of the other military techs. Assuming there isn't a change from the current tech tree, and I don't think there will be, I will just straight up say that putting a new melee unit in Military Tactics is actually just making the game worse regardless of what other benefits the unit has.

I find myself more often than not grabbing a spearman to get that eureka. It always feels like in about 50% of games I have a spearman quest from a CS, and it's not too hard to walk a spear and an archer to a barb camp for the eureka.

Although I've been playing on the tech shuffle mode entirely since it's been released, so I hardly remember the "default" tech path anymore. I think especially if you add a new unit that spawns the gap between swords and muskets, I'm definitely curious to see if you can rush that to make use of it before you do get muskets.
I thought that the +4 loyalty acted like Victor's Garrison Commander but you make it sound like it acts like Amani's Emissary and will exert negative loyalty pressure on adjacent cities. Why do you interpret it that way?

Given their other abilities are about offensive loyalty pressure, it feels like the bonus should be more like Amani/Eleanor to me.

Plus, Georgia doesn't have any direct bonuses to winning a religious game.

I'm not sure I understand what you consider to be direct bonuses to winning a religious game, when you get significant additional faith from your (cheaper) renaissance walls and have the ability to easily chain together three Exodus of the Evangelist Golden Ages (or use your first for monumentality to spread out, then switch). Georgia is a great civ for playing a religious game.

i like that the Chemamull give production now, i would have given the first Chemamull placed in a city loyalty yields based on its culture yields
I think chemmamull providing loyalty would have been a little more thematic.

I'm not sure I understand what you consider to be direct bonuses to winning a religious game, when you get significant additional faith from your (cheaper) renaissance walls and have the ability to easily chain together three Exodus of the Evangelist Golden Ages (or use your first for monumentality to spread out, then switch). Georgia is a great civ for playing a religious game.
Yeah one would assume all that faith generation does help. :mischief:

Georgia isn't a religious Civ. They're a diplomatic Civ that can monopolize city states with religion. Double Envoys is absolutely insane and shouldn't be underestimated.
They are a hybrid religious/diplomatic civ. I mean you can play Georgia without GS and the diplomatic victory enabled, if you want.

Given their other abilities are about offensive loyalty pressure, it feels like the bonus should be more like Amani/Eleanor to me.

Yeah looking at Amani and Victor the wording could go either way. Eleanor's ability is more explicit about cities losing loyalty. Pretty wild if the Mapuche ability stacks and is offensive loyalty pressure oriented

I mentioned this in the 1000 things thread, but with zombie mode on, Georgia does have a bonus to religious victory. I'm assuming zombies will provide faith since they are technically barbarians. Though I don't think the mutation strength will count for the faith. Still no bonus to getting a religion though. You better prioritize it.

I think it'd be weird for ancestor gravestones to exert loyalty pressure
As weird as them now providing extra production? :p

I was thinking about it more towards using it as defensive loyalty (remembering your ancestors) instead of offensive loyalty, which are what all the other bonuses are geared towards.

I'm not sure I understand what you consider to be direct bonuses to winning a religious game

Discounted faith purchases, bonuses to getting a Great Prophet and cheaper Holy Sites. Georgia's bonuses are nice but Renaissance Walls come too late in my opinion to be that useful. Honestly though, a religious win is my least favorite victory and I only do it with Mali since they have the faith generation and discounts to make it not a completely dragging grind in my experience.

I find myself more often than not grabbing a spearman to get that eureka. It always feels like in about 50% of games I have a spearman quest from a CS, and it's not too hard to walk a spear and an archer to a barb camp for the eureka.

I'll only build an unit with a CS quest if three or more ask for it and I wouldn't normally build it as it's not really worth the effort usually. Barb camps are a nice way to get the boost but, in my opinion, it's not really worth the effort to get those boosts unless you build the requisite units in multiples. But, either way, the Spearman is not a great domination unit and I don't think locking the new melee units behind an anti-cav tech is good game design if that is what ends up happening.

As weird as them now providing extra production? :p

I was thinking about it more towards using it as defensive loyalty (remembering your ancestors) instead of offensive loyalty, which are what all the other bonuses are geared towards.
Well, tie a zombie to a mill...now we know who is responsible for all those zombies in the zombie survival mode...

Hooray! Your own icon for the diplo
upload_2021-4-13_0-1-20.png

Well, tie a zombie to a mill...now we know who is responsible for all those zombies in the zombie survival mode...
Great now I'm thinking they should grant either loyalty, or more culture, if you build a Chemamull where one of your units died. :mischief:

I do quite like the new chemamull the more I think about them. Given the Mapuche bias to start near mountains and how early you get the ability to build chemamull, I imagine you'll be able to (in most games) rack up some significant, very early culture out of grassland hills by mountains... While not slowing your production down too much either. You're likely going to usually have quite a few spots in most spawns... With not too much luck Lautaro might compete with Trajan, Ambiorix and Gorgo for early culture.

Mine +1 hammer
Chemamull +1hammer +3 culture

Officially: Mekewap dethroned for early game, Mekewap back to throne medieval/late classical

Oh I quite like that. I'm quite confused about the Mapuche now being better at exerting loyalty than Eleanor and assumed you meant offensive loyalty

Top Bottom