Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
but then wouldnt it make it harder for people to see the threads? if they get bumped down a bit plus my thread might get quite busy it depends how many people have a darker side ;)

The reference to it will always be there in the index so people can find it when they're looking for it. This way, the successful threads stay at the top, slow ones sink. Survival of the fittest. ;)

The alternative would be to sticky everybody's thread which would lead to the same thing.

okay i understand well im not gonna let my thread sink even if i have to type in bump every 3 days

Comment: I think this is the biggest thread the demogame has ever seen.... 13 pages dang.

Everyone: First off.... We can't have stuck do EVERYTHING. That's my job :).
Also I can assure you that me and my elite(did I say elite? I mean vetern :)) team is working as fast as possible to get this up and running. If you have any comments/suggestions be free to post them.

well i support striderin what hes doing but im not sure if its possible to be mod in just one forum

Here's the way that I want the Demogame RPG sub-forum to look like(mods you can ignore it if you want, but atleast think about it):

Sticky: All index threads created by shaitan will be stickied.(Compliments of Shaitan)
Sticky: Demogame RPG Main Office
Sticky: Demogame RPG voulanteer thread
Sticky: Any other threads deemed nessacary(possibly this thread.... )

The unsticky threads will include discussions, office's/department and anything else that seems to find it's way here.

To bad theirs not a half-sticky thing... where threads don't go above the sticky threads, but stay above the un-sticky threads. That will make this alot easier... oh well.

i think the office threads should stay sticky
as it will let people able to see just how much stuff there actually is

Originally posted by BCLG100
i think the office threads should stay sticky
as it will let people able to see just how much stuff there actually is

BCLG I was thinking about that, but I decided against it for these reasons:

1) The links to the department threads are going to be in two sticky threads.

2) They are most likely to stay at the top anyway

3) I'm against having to many sticky thread in a forum. This cause's confusion and many threads get over looked because of it.

yes but its only gonna be 5 threads so it isnt going to take up much sapce also it needs to at the top in case anyone wants to add anything

Shaitan: I was just thinking of maybe another sticky thread. Another poll index. Theirs no point in filling the poll sub-forum with RPG polls when it should be used for the actually game polls. OF course I'm putting this to your proposal:

Do you think it will be alright if the RPG polls go in the sub-forum?

Originally posted by BCLG100
yes but its only gonna be 5 threads so it isnt going to take up much sapce also it needs to at the top in case anyone wants to add anything

As/if things get bigger their will be more departments which will mean more sticky threads. Also in the first demogame I proposed to take some of the sticky threads in the citizens forums out.(which their was 11 I believe)Now for some math:

3 Index threads
1 Main office thread
1 voulanteer thread
1 poll index thread (possibly)
5 department threads

=

11 sticky threads.

yes and i dont see the problem with that they can all fit on the same screen and the threads which arnt that important will be the ones which fall to the bottom of the sticky line because if their that important then they will be updated a lot so the most important threads will be seen at the top and the threads which dont get updated that much but are still importent will still stay there their not gonna go onto the next page

also i think is a good idea to have them there i will keep mine up near the top but i can say that for other people and people might wanna look at the things there so they can add to them and how can they do that with it on page 3 or summin

Originally posted by Strider
Shaitan: I was just thinking of maybe another sticky thread. Another poll index. Theirs no point in filling the poll sub-forum with RPG polls when it should be used for the actually game polls. OF course I'm putting this to your proposal:

Do you think it will be alright if the RPG polls go in the sub-forum?
Polls are polls are polls. With proper registry use there is no danger of overusing the poll forum. It may also help to catch the eye of folks not normally attracted to the RPG aspects of the game. The RPG forum is also going to be a busy place and doesn't need the added burden of polls there.

Originally posted by Shaitan

Polls are polls are polls. With proper registry use there is no danger of overusing the poll forum. It may also help to catch the eye of folks not normally attracted to the RPG aspects of the game. The RPG forum is also going to be a busy place and doesn't need the added burden of polls there.

Ok.... Just an Idea

Also BCLG..... I'll think about it.

so is strider a vice mod thing now?

also strider you forgot a departement in your rules well 2 really
entertainement and smugglers also in the thank yous you missed of Zarn and not sure bout Almightyjosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom