Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

No, this is the final start.

The practice sessions were partly to test the setup but mostly to make sure everyone had a decent start.

Since it is a random map we just have to deal with it.

That is only the case if the starter happens to get a good position. There was an attempt beforehand, did not get a good start and restarted the game. And I had such a good start also. :gripe:

No, this is the final start.

The practice sessions were partly to test the setup but mostly to make sure everyone had a decent start.

Since it is a random map we just have to deal with it.

Sorry for my wrong information. I thought this session is for testing. I PMailed with Arckon to try a map without the mod to eliminate a wrong server or network behaviour.

After that I thought we try the Earth-Mod but with a random map. I suppose since there are no map scripts for the Earth-Mod Arckon decided to make the final launch with the Earth-Script and no mod.

Very confusing all this stuff.. All no mod games seems to run very good, so the leaderless screen is obviously caused by the Earth-Mod.. Nobody knows, but the test scenarios lead to that conclusion.

My starting position is bad at all. Since i thought its for testing I moved my worker around for scouting. If we continue it's not only the starting position but also 3 moves I lost for my worker.

If you ask me we should launch one of the well known Earth-Scenarios without any mod with 18 players.

Last, it's Arckons game and he is the one who make decisions, this is only my suggestion.

Sorry for my wrong information. I thought this session is for testing. I PMailed with Arckon to try a map without the mod to eliminate a wrong server or network behaviour.

After that I thought we try the Earth-Mod but with a random map. I suppose since there are no map scripts for the Earth-Mod Arckon decided to make the final launch with the Earth-Script and no mod.

Very confusing all this stuff.. All no mod games seems to run very good, so the leaderless screen is obviously caused by the Earth-Mod.. Noone knows, but the test scenarios lead to that conclusion.

My starting position is bad at all. Since i thought its for testing I moved my worker around for scouting. If we continue it's not only the starting position but also 3 moves I lost for my worker.

If you ask me we should launch one of the well known Earth-Scenarios without any mod with 18 players.

Last, it's Arckons game and he is the one who make decisions, this is only my suggestion.

OK, I am easy to get along with on this restart thing. I want everyone to be happy with the start, mine is great, lol, since we will play this thing for months, maybe eyars, heheh.

So if 10 people that are currently in the game want to restart, I will restart, no problemo.

If 10 players say that they want to restart with an Earth map, I can do that too.

But if we use a map, I will edit it for fairness and add starting cities.

So tell me what you want:

no restart?

restart?

restart with map (this vote would also count for a restart)

As long as the game is functioning and the leaderless screen remains banned either way is ok with me. My starting loc is not ideal but also not bad.

Lets restart. Some will be winners and some losers but this way we all know for sure what is happening.

I would prefer the randomn map

Restart.

With random map or eath, doesn't matter. But restart plse.

(I only chose the Incans because I thought it was a test to eliminate Network/server as the problem.)

guys, i got a dud civ, but a great location...

i don't care whether we restart or not

i'm gonna play either way - you get what you get - so just get on with it!

I didn't get a great start but I don't think it is a reason to restart. Anyway I won't complain if we do. If some people thought it was a test maybe it is fair. Random map would be my choice.

Can you please put the game back on CivStats once we know it is the real one. Thanks ;)

guys, i got a dud civ, but a great location...

i don't care whether we restart or not

i'm gonna play either way - you get what you get - so just get on with it!

A Dud civ? I think they just encourage different styles of play,some are probably a little better than others but to say a dud one is a bit far.

My start looks a bit rubbish but the only reason I think we should restart if that archon wanted us to have two cities and resources to start quicker. Well we obviously don't and will take a while to build up. If we do restartI think random is probably better?

OK, it seems that a whole lot of people do not like their starting positions, some thought the last start was a trial start, and my son voted for a restart on a predrawn map as well.

So, here is what I am going to do; I will take the old map and make it for 18 players only without the mod.

I will have:
America
Carthage (in California)
Aztecs
Inca
Arabs (in Brazil)
Egypt
Mali
Zulus
England
Rome
Persia
Russia
Mongols
China
Japan
India
Vikings (in Australia)
Korea (in Thailand)

It will go live in the morning, 8am Saturday March 17, US EST.

If you want a civ, take it if you can, no reserevations.

Everyone will start with a capitol city (pop4), secondcity (pop3) and in each 2 spearmen, 4 food production squares, and a copper mine (Japan will ahve an iron mine).

This is the last restart unless thegame crashes again, then I will load the last save file.

Ok, I'm good to go. Can pick a Civ before I head down to Buffalo for more March Madness. :D

Yes, I'm in for sure. Have been looking forward to this game for ages and I'm not going to miss it for anything.
(Except if my ADSL goes down,of course.:lol:)

Well I was wondering what happened to this game :). I just read the last 20 posts or so.....

Anyways I`m in and will claim the Arabs in Brazil, this morning when the game starts.

Thanks for your efforts Arckon

I got the zulus but I have hae discovered an oddity. My captial has a barracks in it, not the uniquuie building. I still have the option of building the UB but I'm worried that will give me a double barracks set up. I don't mind really as all I have lost is the upkeep bonus.

Top Bottom