Are you getting Windows 7?

Are you getting Windows 7?

• Total voters

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
Just wondering. Feel free to discuss.

EDIT: Just realized "I don't use a computer" should actually be "I don't own a computer." Duh!

I already have it through my college. It's better than vista so it's nice to have when I absolutely have to have a windows os. However it's nothing that would make me give up Ubuntu for.

Ive been running the RTM since it came out, but am going to get a full version pretty soon.

I don't plan on ever paying for Windows again. I have to use Windows at work, currently XP, I suppose we'll be forced into 7 pretty soon. I'm pretty sure we're skipping Vista completely, which seems to be not uncommon in the corporate world.

Eventually, as long as the upgrade process does not involve the loss of data and my games ( Source Games and Fallout 3) works on Win7.

Your source games will be quite fine. I know, ive tried. If they work on Vista, there is almost no reason for them to not work on 7.

I have 4 gig of RAM and 64 bit CPU and my computer came with 32-Vista pre installed. So yeah, I will get it pretty soon.

Not all games work on WINE...
I doubt that Padma is a hardcore gamer. I'm sure he can run any kind of Civilization series via WINE ;).

As for me, I said "Maybe eventually." I like to wait a bit for any bugs to get ironed out first.

Eventually, as long as the upgrade process does not involve the loss of data and my games ( Source Games and Fallout 3) works on Win7.

Sounds like Linux might be for you. I didn't have any problems moving my data over when I switched from XP to Linux, and Wine lets you play Source and Fallout 3, along with hundreds of other popular games. There's even rumors floating around that Valve will release an official Linux port of Source.

Top Bottom