1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Well, if you're going to wait for discounts, by this time Aztecs will be available. But for people who want to wait a month after release to hear the opinions, it could be a problem to play 2 months without Aztecs :)

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Actually; going by Civ V & it's expansions; they'll likely be a minor discount on steam for Civ VI both sometime between Black Friday & Cyber Monday and shortly after Christmas, both of which are within the 3 month black out window for Aztecs. (Likely something around 10 to 15% for Black Friday weekend and 10 to 25% for Post-Christmas)

However, if Firaxis releases a free limited demo for Civ VI similar to Civ V & Beyond Earth; during the demo; they'll also be a minor discount.

3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

IIRC such discounts usually don't touch titles which are 1-2 months old.

4. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    And of course, if you watch GMG you'll catch a discount for pre-ordering. I got a 27% discount when I preordered 3 months ago. So if going by discounts, it would be in your benefit to pre-order with a discount like that.

5. zaloglu2211

zaloglu2211 Chieftain

I pre ordered from G2A

6. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

So the GMG code they sent me by email isn't working at all . . .

7. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Quick update--I entered a ticket on the GMG site, and someone got back to me within 20 minutes letting me know they fixed whatever the problem was. +99 points to GMG for customer service and having enough reps on hand to handle the issues. :goodjob:

Went ahead and ordered the "Digital Deluxe Edition" as the discount took it down to 62 dollars and I was resigned to spend 60 bucks on the regular version anyway.

8. Dreifels

Dreifels King

certainly no.
    After the unplayable BE I prefer to wait and see what bugs and if they get fixed and what mods will come out.
    No game can be so great that I run again in that trap. Don't want again wasted money like for BE.
    In between I enjoy with Civ4 AND2 or Civ5

9. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Already preordered the deluxe edition. Been waiting for two plus years for my civ fix of novelty. And i have a lot more confidence in ed beach than in the head of BE s dev team, whatever his name was.

10. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I just preordered my deluxe version from gmg. I'm not sure if game will be perfectly polished by release, but i am ready to take the dive. I preordered deluxe because i would like to have a complete game, i want to play from the start, and i don't want to buy dlc's as they come along...

11. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Of course not. Preordering is silly

12. BrokenBokken

BrokenBokken Warlord

But not nearly as silly as having a strong stance on preordering.

13. Herod

Herod Warlord

Everyone (standard/deluxe/pre-orders/non pre-orders) will get the same complete game on day 1. The anniversary soundtrack is a bonus.
    It says pre-orders will get early access to Monty but it doesn't say Monty will be available on day 1.

14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

You're not really wrong, but their is very little likelihood of the Aztecs not being instantly available for those who pre-order, given that it is seemingly complete (seen in test builds regularly) and they have no reason not to make the 90 day bonus a full bonus.

15. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs King

Yeah they have great customer service! I had preordered with them but needed to cancel in order to preorder the Collector's Edition and after submitting a ticket, 20 minutes later I was off the hook! Really great website

16. Herod

Herod Warlord

Agreed some websites do say Monty will be available at launch but those are not official statements, we'll know in 5 weeks :)

17. Toulouse

Toulouse Warlord

No. Pre-ordering games is bad consumer practice. Pre-order bribes are also bad for consumers, espeically if your excuse is you've been bribed by the Aztecs or whatever.

18. Sprenk

Sprenk Prince

I think this has been argued to death already in this thread and multiple other threads, but I just say that Firaxis is one of the VERY few gaming companies I reward with pre-orders, based on their overall track record for 25 years.

It's like buying the Harry Potter books in advance when you know you will be picking up the book at the local bookstore's midnight release party and then reading it for hours on end, well past dawn. I plan to be on at midnight, happily downloading and playing Civ VI, big smile on my face (don't think I'll be playing all night this time, though :)

19. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Definitely argued to death. Without any sort of evidence to back up the anti-preordering crowd's claims. :rolleyes:

I WANT to preorder, but they still haven't released the system requirements...only thing I'm waiting on.

20. ProMeTheus112

ProMeTheus112 Warlord

no man's sky is a pretty good example/evidence^^ civ5 release too
    it's not hard to understand, you can still do what you want though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.