1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

Not after the civ clash. Sorry I'm out until at least the first expansion. There are too many red signs.

I hope one day we will have a Civ with decent AI.

Trullari likes this.
  2. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

Oh My I'm sure they will delay the game because you arnt going to pre order it

Nefelia, Stilgar08, Arkenean and 3 others like this.
  3. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

Why would they delay it? They should get it out as soon as possible so that the expansions can come out and make it a decent game.

4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

I stopped pre-ordering in May. It is about time some are catching up to me.

Toulouse likes this.
  5. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

The only reason I decided to preorder is because I want to play the game tomorrow. Otherwise I would have waited.

Arkenean likes this.
  6. L.Pepperbottom

L.Pepperbottom Chieftain

Pre-ordering a digital game is pointless in the first place, we used to pre-order games in stores because they would run out of physical copies.. All this is doing is guaranteeing sales at launch, whether the game is riddled with bugs or not. It's almost as bad as buying an 'early access game'. Still though, most of us haven't even played it yet so here's hoping.

Jeckel, narmox, ptoss1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. UncivilizedGuy

But I get the Aztecs early and I get to play tomorrow. That's enough of a reason for me.

8. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

So much whining from people who refuse to pre-order, but who know full well they're going to buy it at some stage anyway.

Why not join in at the beginning and help make it a better game, rather than sniping from the outside whilst the early adopters get stuck-in and try to improve things.

Martinus likes this.
  9. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

Because it's $80 in CAD and that's 40% more expensive than most strategy games these days and the game has iffy AI. I'll buy it when I consider the value justifiable like everybody else.

Fierro likes this.
  10. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

People need to just get over themselves, No one cares if you are going to get the game or not.

Martinus, manim, ELRACj and 4 others like this.
  11. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

Early access games are the worst. If you can buy it it's already released. What bullfeathers copout to call something an early access when you already paid for it.

12. L.Pepperbottom

L.Pepperbottom Chieftain

I'm in Canada and bought it for $50 last night on GMG. That's the only reason I pre-ordered.

jjkrause84 likes this.
  13. pholtz

pholtz King

I never pre-order games. I never buy games at full price, I always wait for the sales.

I have pre-ordered Civ VI, and I don't regret it. For some games the exception makes the rule.

ELRACj and UncivilizedGuy like this.
  14. treadwin

treadwin Warlord

If you can't afford it, that is one thing, but not getting the game because you have decided the AI isn't any good is absolutely hilarious.

How can anyone possibly determine that?

Martinus and Atlas627 like this.
  15. UncivilizedGuy

Isn't it obvious?:confused:

16. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

You know that's not the point of the thread. The OP isn't here claiming to be the most important person in the world. One person pre-ordering or not obviously doesn't matter to the success of the game. But somebody has to be the first one to say it so that others can join in. I agree with the OP, based on what we saw tonight, this game is not ready, and not worth spending money on. I'm still hopeful I'll be impressed by what they show tomorrow with the multiplayer, that might be enough to change my mind, but I know not everyone has a MP group they can rely on to fill in for sub par AI.

This is a perfectly legitimate way to raise the concerns we have about the state of the game and vote with our wallets. If you want change, money is the only thing that really speaks.

itkovian1128, Trullari and Fierro like this.
  17. DSveno

DSveno Chieftain

No. The perfectly legitimate way is that other thread about the AI's weakness, not claiming that you're not pre-ordering.

I still don't understand the need to announce to the world that you aren't pre-ordering some games. Are you looking for improving said games or are you looking for attention?

Sansa_Stark and Slayan like this.
  18. Toulouse

Toulouse Warlord

Good move, OP. The game is in the state it's in right now because people pre-order. People stop doing this we'll get better games and less agony at release.

19. treadwin

treadwin Warlord

Not to me. I can probably think of 10 reasons why upgrading units, just for the hell of it, is a dumb move.

cakes likes this.
  20. Ovarwa

Ovarwa Chieftain

Hi,

Amost true. No one cared when I didn't buy Civ5. But now there are at least two of us, and we care about each other enough to warn "Danger, Suckful Game Ahead!" Should there ever be enough of us, Firaxis will care. If there are never enough of us, that's fine too: My reason for not buying games that are not worth my time has nothing to do with Firaxis.

Anyway,

Ken

Jeckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.