1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haggbart

Haggbart King

There were allready several threads where the subject of the Battle Royale is discussed AS WELL AS several threads where pre ordering is discussed. Why on earth did you think it's worth its own thread that you aren't pre-ordering anymore?

2. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Well, we have at least two active threads started out of interest for who is pre-ordering and why.

I mean I don't really care, and you don't really care, but to say no-one cares seems pretty inaccurate.

agonistes likes this.
  3. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

I care:undecide:

Abraxis likes this.
  4. caiman0815

caiman0815 Chieftain

I preorderd not because I think I'll get a perfect game from release on. I think more players from start will give more feedback and ressources to fix problems asap

5. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

I'm not having coffee this morning. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Abraxis, Sansa_Stark and Zantetsuken like this.
  6. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

Could always go for a nice tea instead.

My left shoe is pretty loose, probably should retie it.

Abraxis and Xyriach like this.
  7. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

I burned my bagel this morning. Coffee's good though. Will check my shoe just in case.

8. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

Back on track though, I try not to judge the AI too heavily, though I respect your opinion. I mostly just see the AI as a way to fluff out my multiplayer games with my friends

9. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Now I understand why some retail stores sent you the steam keys 2/3 days before the release. Used keys cannot be refunded or anything (unless you got this from the Steam store).

10. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Keep kidding yourself to justify you wasting your money. I haven't preordered this and have no intention of doing so unless I see overwhelmingly positive feedback here.

It's not the consumers' responsibility to create a working product. The very fact you think this is the case shows just how deep the gaming industry rot has gone.

Jeckel likes this.
  11. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Why would it be wasting money to buy a product you want? Moreover, why would it not be equally wasting money to buy a product simply because someone else said that they enjoyed it, your experiences are your own?

Nefelia likes this.
  12. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Deciding what you "want" based on what some marketing people let you see is a foolish endeavour. It is much more wise to wait for opinions and advice from someone who isn't paid to try and sell the game to you. You are much more likely to get objective facts from them regarding bugs, balance issues and general gameplay foibles. As such, the experience is not entirely your own. Bugs and gameplay weaknesses affect everyone equally.

13. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Sorry, but how is it wasting money? You wanted it, you bought it. Therefore you've applied your funding appropriately. You based your decision on the available information and then bought it. That's no different to what you're proposing except that you're waiting for someone random to tell you they had a good time.

I enjoyed last Christmas with my Mum. That doesn't mean that you would have a similar experience simply because I did. Arguably, it would be a waste of money for you to invest in an airline ticket to have Christmas with my Mum based on the principal that if I enjoyed it, you will.

Siptah and Zantetsuken like this.
  14. salty mud

salty mud Deity

So to you, if you want something it is never a waste of money, no matter how badly or poorly your purchase turns out? You're living in a dream world and making up complete nonsense.

I've bought countless games that I "wanted" because they looked good, turned out they were utter crap. I wasted my money. I did not apply my funding appropriately. I should have waited for some advice from people who weren't trying to sucker me with flashy images and exaggerated write ups.

I've bought clothes that I "wanted" but they actually fell to pieces pretty quickly. I wasted my money buying the clothes.

Your last sentence is so silly it's not worth commenting further on.

Jeckel and Fierro like this.
  15. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

Girls girls, you're both pretty and intelligent, I'll take you both to the ball tonight.

KVS, Abraxis and Xyriach like this.
  16. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

I think there's no need to buy it now. I'm hopeful for next-gen Vox Populi, but it will be developed not sooner than 4-5 years after initial game launch. And honestly I'm sure that big part of game community (like 40%) will be disappointed and comes back to Civ V. Because as of now AI is absolutely incompetitive, and on high difficulties it gets ridiculous bonuses that destroys all fun. Multiplayer is not the most popular mode; casual customers prefer playing in single game mode. When they see how AI is dumb (which could be fogiven in 2010, but not in 2016), most probably they will not open game again. Plus graphics - not everybody likes it.

Maybe I'm wrong and game will be great. I like everything about it so far, but AI literally destroying my hype. I better learn to play against Vox Populi on Civ 5.

17. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

People have differing opinions, that much is obvious, but let's definitely keep it civil at any rate, treating one another like idiots isn't cool. Remember the wise words, "Be excellent to each other."

18. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Everything was civil, until you came in here, called us both girls and said you'd take us to the ball.

Xyriach likes this.
  19. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

I simply invited you to a ball, if you don't want to come to a party you don't have to

20. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Considering the number of hours of play I expect out of any 4x game I've always felt they're a bargain. Even poorly done ones usually net 10 to 20 hours (sometimes after patches). Do as you like, but until I can program a better game I'm going to continue to support the companies that make games I enjoy. My half pennies worth and an attempt to be on topic this time. Almost Friday

Zantetsuken likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.