Are you pre-ordering?

Preorder?

• Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

Votes: 386 68.7%
  • No, I'm going to wait and see.

Votes: 176 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to just get over themselves, No one cares if you are going to get the game or not.
Well, we have at least two active threads started out of interest for who is pre-ordering and why.

I mean I don't really care, and you don't really care, but to say no-one cares seems pretty inaccurate.

I preorderd not because I think I'll get a perfect game from release on. I think more players from start will give more feedback and ressources to fix problems asap

Back on track though, I try not to judge the AI too heavily, though I respect your opinion. I mostly just see the AI as a way to fluff out my multiplayer games with my friends

Now I understand why some retail stores sent you the steam keys 2/3 days before the release. Used keys cannot be refunded or anything (unless you got this from the Steam store).

So much whining from people who refuse to pre-order, but who know full well they're going to buy it at some stage anyway.

Why not join in at the beginning and help make it a better game, rather than sniping from the outside whilst the early adopters get stuck-in and try to improve things.
Keep kidding yourself to justify you wasting your money. I haven't preordered this and have no intention of doing so unless I see overwhelmingly positive feedback here.

It's not the consumers' responsibility to create a working product. The very fact you think this is the case shows just how deep the gaming industry rot has gone.

Keep kidding yourself to justify you wasting your money. I haven't preordered this and have no intention of doing so unless I see overwhelmingly positive feedback here.

Why would it be wasting money to buy a product you want? Moreover, why would it not be equally wasting money to buy a product simply because someone else said that they enjoyed it, your experiences are your own?

Why would it be wasting money to buy a product you want?

Deciding what you "want" based on what some marketing people let you see is a foolish endeavour. It is much more wise to wait for opinions and advice from someone who isn't paid to try and sell the game to you. You are much more likely to get objective facts from them regarding bugs, balance issues and general gameplay foibles. As such, the experience is not entirely your own. Bugs and gameplay weaknesses affect everyone equally.

Sorry, but how is it wasting money? You wanted it, you bought it. Therefore you've applied your funding appropriately. You based your decision on the available information and then bought it. That's no different to what you're proposing except that you're waiting for someone random to tell you they had a good time.

I enjoyed last Christmas with my Mum. That doesn't mean that you would have a similar experience simply because I did. Arguably, it would be a waste of money for you to invest in an airline ticket to have Christmas with my Mum based on the principal that if I enjoyed it, you will.

Sorry, but how is it wasting money? You wanted it, you bought it. Therefore you've applied your funding appropriately. You based your decision on the available information and then bought it. That's no different to what you're proposing except that you're waiting for someone random to tell you they had a good time.

I enjoyed last Christmas with my Mum. That doesn't mean that you would have a similar experience simply because I did. Arguably, it would be a waste of money for you to invest in an airline ticket to have Christmas with my Mum based on the principal that if I enjoyed it, you will.

So to you, if you want something it is never a waste of money, no matter how badly or poorly your purchase turns out? You're living in a dream world and making up complete nonsense.

I've bought countless games that I "wanted" because they looked good, turned out they were utter crap. I wasted my money. I did not apply my funding appropriately. I should have waited for some advice from people who weren't trying to sucker me with flashy images and exaggerated write ups.

I've bought clothes that I "wanted" but they actually fell to pieces pretty quickly. I wasted my money buying the clothes.

Your last sentence is so silly it's not worth commenting further on.

I think there's no need to buy it now. I'm hopeful for next-gen Vox Populi, but it will be developed not sooner than 4-5 years after initial game launch. And honestly I'm sure that big part of game community (like 40%) will be disappointed and comes back to Civ V. Because as of now AI is absolutely incompetitive, and on high difficulties it gets ridiculous bonuses that destroys all fun. Multiplayer is not the most popular mode; casual customers prefer playing in single game mode. When they see how AI is dumb (which could be fogiven in 2010, but not in 2016), most probably they will not open game again. Plus graphics - not everybody likes it.

Maybe I'm wrong and game will be great. I like everything about it so far, but AI literally destroying my hype. I better learn to play against Vox Populi on Civ 5.

People have differing opinions, that much is obvious, but let's definitely keep it civil at any rate, treating one another like idiots isn't cool. Remember the wise words, "Be excellent to each other."

Considering the number of hours of play I expect out of any 4x game I've always felt they're a bargain. Even poorly done ones usually net 10 to 20 hours (sometimes after patches). Do as you like, but until I can program a better game I'm going to continue to support the companies that make games I enjoy. My half pennies worth and an attempt to be on topic this time. Almost Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom