1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

God, that sounds so relaxing and nice.

I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition from Steam.

I'm not sure how the bonus DLCs work. Do they come on day 1, or do you just get them free when they are later released? I dunno. I DO know, though, that being a complete git I will mistakenly purchase them all again.

I am hoping one of the DLCs includes Carthage as a Civ. I really have a thing for Carthage.

2. Larsenex

Larsenex King

I just ordered it from GMG for 20% off (at 1145am PDT) and that was what I was waiting for. I have my key and will get it loaded tonight.

Yay for having AZTECS at release!

3. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

You'll get them automatically as they're released. Steam won't let you buy them again.

4. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I would think so, but the note on my Steam page says to be careful, because you WILL be able to mistakenly purchase them again.

5. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

I guess that's 'cause they'll be listed separately, and not under "Digital Deluxe Extras". Good to know.

6. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

You get the Aztecs for free even if you don't pre-order, you just have to wait a few months, which I think is an awesome move on their part vs doing pre-purchase exclusives.

As a civ fanatic and someone who considered 5 best in series and played thousands of hours of 5, and based on how amazing 6 looks in dev and 'tuber vids, pre-purchase of digital deluxe was a no brainer to me.

I also like the fact that a lot of features, mechanics, and depth that would normally come years later via xpacs are there at release. Religion, espionage, deep diplo, trading, sexy UI, city state depth, etc. For civ and most 4X it's usually a stripped down base game that gets fleshed out via xpacs. Civ 6 is damn loaded right up front.

I think Firaxis is really doing it up for players this time around, kind of like how XCOM2 as so over the top sexy at release (IMO).

So yes, take my money in advance. No way I'm waiting a second beyond release to play this game. Aztecs immediately (which looks like a nice civ) and a discount on DLC I'll buy anyways is just gravy.

7. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Me too just now. I hope I made the right choice.

8. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

I went ahead and pre-ordered the other day, but I'm a little nervous about my creaky machine meeting the system requirements. This may finally push me to upgrade some components.

9. Securion

Securion Civ Veteran

I pre-ordered Sim City... i learn from my mistakes...

Jeckel likes this.
  10. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Strategic mode here you come!

Seriously, I'm a bit concerned as well. I might end up playing a lot in strategic mode.

11. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

It's too expensive to preorder or buy on launch :/

At least on steam in the past, preordering included a 10 % discount, which was the main benefit I saw of preordering on like online services, but since Civ6 doesn't have that I see no reason of doing it

12. anandus

anandus Errorist

So did I, but Firaxis have a great track record regarding fixing their games and keeping it patched for at least for years. So they definitely have the benefit of the doubt.

13. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

You know you can get an even larger discount right now at GMG, right?

14. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

I do not

I've never even heard of gmg

15. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Green Man Gaming. Civ 6 store page on their website.

They're very reputable. Several people in this thread (including myself) have used them for the prepurchase as well as other games. I received my Steam keys two days ago. The discounted price will show up once you add the game to your cart. Standard is $47.99 right now and Digital Deluxe is $63.99.

16. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

hm

interesting

It's a bit annoying they only offer prices in dollars but I should probably check that site out more

17. anandus

anandus Errorist

18. Raider

Raider Warlord

Nope, not pre-ordering. Thanks to Civ 5 actually.

And that saved me from wasting time and money on Beyond Earth.

19. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I pre-ordered the 25th Anniversary Edition back in August and forgot to cancel...I'll have to wait a couple more days to get it, but I like the coins and the art book included.

20. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

I voted no because Civ5 vanilla and every iteration of Beyond Earth were terrible. I wasn't going to get the Digital Deluxe edition either, because XCom2 only had one worthwhile DLC released under theirs.
    Today I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe edition. I have failed to uphold my own convictions, I feel so dirty and worthless.

I'm going to go eat a tub of ice cream and cry in the bathtub for a few hours while I try and figure out who I am. :sad:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Mattyp9er likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.