1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

I admire your outlook GG, I honestly do. But unfortunately, very view people share that ideal anymore. Ironically, this very poll demonstrates that your simple request is in the minority and not really relevant anymore. Pity.

2. Miravlix

Miravlix King

I find it really confusing why people that is pro-preorder is nice in their response, but it seems most anti-preorder people has to include at least one or more insults in their posts.

If it means I'm a nice idiot if I pre-order, I'm going to pre-order right now. Much better than being a smart bully.

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I agree. I see no reason to vilify us.

Especially since at the very least we can see the game from other fan's perspective too with all the gaming events.

And I have yet to hear a single bad review from anybody who played it.

I'm pre-ordering because

1. Aztecs are a nice touch
    2. I know I will get it regardless, being a huge "fan-boy" and all, which is a bad thing I guess?
    3. I know I will enjoy the hell out of it.

But there's no need to vilify those that choose to pre-order and call us bad consumers.

4. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Lol Loved it :):goodjob:

5. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Prince

I don't usually pre-order games, and I wasn't going to pre-order Civ6. My friend bought me a pre-order code for my birthday since I'm a huge Civ5 fan, so that's that lol.

6. Acken

Acken Deity

You dont understand. The people that pre order are the reason we cant have nice things. That the so called golden age of gaming is over and blablabla.

At least thats how their juvenile reasoning goes on. Finding a scapegoat for their disapointment. Being cautious is a good thing though dont get me wrong.

I hope they have the same atitude towards subjects that actually matter at the very least otherwise I know who to pity.

7. gimley_gunner

gimley_gunner Chieftain

The only game I have ever preordered was Rome 2 which turned out alright after 17 patches.

Sort of puts you off preordering.

Infact the only game I've bought on release day was Quake 1...

8. neilkaz

neilkaz King

Civ 5 maybe the best TBS game ever. Civ 6 from what I've seen is likely an even better game. Of course I'll pre-order!

9. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

I'm still shopping around. £49.99 on STEAM is an outrageous amount to ask ahead of any reviews and given we know there will be DLC and expansions to pay for.

The best price I have found from a reputable source is £44.99.

10. JimmyBanks

JimmyBanks Warlord

Or stream it's $AUD89.95 not sure what it is other places. Going to check out some other stores after work today.

11. Acken

Acken Deity

If there are no regional locks, green man gaming is usually a good place as they often offer 25% discounts on new releases. Just have to catch it.

12. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

I will not be pre-ordering. It made sense back in the dark ages when we had to go to these places filled with other people to buy boxes with our games inside. These boxes were limited and, especially around launch, their availability subject to anticipated demand. Pre-ordering was a natural solution ebenefitting both parties.

These days we have our Lord and Savior technology watching over us and games no longer struggle against the shackles of their corporeal form. They are free and us with them. So going back to our deal with the pre-ordering, we don't receive any value from it anymore. Under any fair circumstances this would mean the deal is off. Publishers don't wan't to accept their waning value, so instead seek to artificially maintain their position by offering us a solution to a new sustainable problem which they, being the cause of, can control.

See this is nothing new, plenty of young and unusually large gentlemen thought of this very same solution when their success offering security to local businesses really began to undermine their own success. It has never been a particularly ethical or sustainable business model, as it tends to cannibalize your business's public image for short-term benefit.

I just don't generally make deals with people who only provide solutions to problems they create. This is the behaviour responsible for delaying the world from becoming a better place.

That being said, I don't think it actually matters in this case, and I only even bother post on the topic out of supreme boredom.

13. rastak

rastak Emperor

I pre-date even the ability to pre-order. You called them to see when it would be released.

That's real nice.

I hope you soon find something to do.

14. paulmclem

paulmclem Warlord

15. ProMeTheus112

ProMeTheus112 Warlord

I will want a full box version^^ ("digital deluxe")

16. CurtisManning

CurtisManning Chieftain

I did pre-order Civ VI.

Normally I don't pre-order anything, but I found a nice offer on a french website, 37€ for a box version, so I took it !

I quite like the Aztecs but they weren't the reason why I did pre-order. I did because I want to experience the game as soon as possible, and that feeling when you launch a brand new game and that you don't really know what you're doing is priceless.

If I wait, there will be tons of videos out there with the best strategies and tips and I will not be able to keep myself from watching these so I will know a lot of things even before playing the game.

That's not what I want. I want to discover. I want to learn. That's why I pre-ordered.

17. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

No way.
    1) Preordering is harmful practice
    2) It is expensive AF especially in comparision with currency of my country
    3) I want box version of that game
    4) I will probably prefer to play it later anyway for various major (life) and minor (patches, crucial mods) reasons

Even Aztecs won't change my stance.

18. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

i feel like underpaying the game
    as for civ5, its ~50(?) bucks for 1800 hours of fun or 3 cent/hour what is too cheap
    so i have preordered the game and will buy every dlc and stuff

19. spfun

spfun King

I got a good deal on an early perorder, Civilization is the only game franchise left I preorder for. As i know i will buy it day 1 anyway.

20. Countmonte8242

Countmonte8242 Warlord

No, will wait and see if there is good feedback, especially from those that preferred earlier Civs to Civ V. Don't really want to reward the developers for stubbornly basically sticking with 1 UPT when so many of the series faithful players have been vocally against it for good reasons. Yet, its still Civ so I'll have to pick it up at some point just to figure out the good and the bad, and see how fun it is overall. If it gets good feedback I'll buy it early on, otherwise will wait for a sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.