1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ArrowNES3: Age's Beginning

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Arrow Gamer, May 25, 2013.

1. Deusselkerr

Deusselkerr Warlord

High Lord Kennith Argerico,

I have word that your children plan to attend the great wedding of the day. Does this mean that Payton's betrothed, my daughter Heida whom currently resides with your family, shall not be attending? I have no wish to intrude, but as she is to be a part of your family I would like to understand how it is she is to be left alone wondering about the safety of her future husband.

Best regards,

Your future co-parent-in-law,

High Lord Bairn Walen, Third of that Name, Liege of The Autumnland.

2. Nirosi

Nirosi Hymenopus Coronatus

@thomas
    Is your wife Joanna Avaric meant to be relative of one of my vassals? If yes then you understood me wrong, it's like House Tauresci of the city of Avaric.

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

OOC: She currently lives with me? Since when? :3 16 is a bit young to actually marry, but I guess I can run with it.

IC:

Dear High Lord Bairn Walen, Third of that Name, Liege of The Autumnland
    From High Lord Kennith Argerico, Lord of Silverdale and her Farholdings

I did not wish to be negligent, for the gathering of my court is indeed a strenuous affair. Heida indeed may journey with my elder children to this Marriage, although I have yet to determine whether with your entourage, or with the good Lord Mandon's.

4. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Yeah, then I made a mistake, will edit that now.

To my friend lord Kennith Argerico
    From Lord Oberyn Mandon

Your family are, as always, welcome companions for the voyage to the wedding. It will be my pleasure to have them join us.

5. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Name/Player Name: The Crags/SamSniped

Ruler/Family: Jon Terion (male, 34, ruler of House Terion), Alyss Terion (female, 29, wife of Jon), Martius Terion (male, 27, younger brother of Jon), Diana Terion (female, 25, youngest sister of Martius and Jon), Samuel Terion (male, 11, son of Jon and Alyss), Resa Terion (female, 9, daughter of Jon and Alyss), Andres Terion (male, 7, son of Jon and Alyss)

Vassals*: Lord Alexius Swiftsword; Lord Aldos Jamesson; Lord Ross Harstanius; Lord Richard Hensson; Lord Alyx Emantus

Nation Biography: The Crags have always been a formidable fortress in the Northeast. Ever since the first men made the Twin Spires*, The Crags have been a formidable place to enter. Although fiercely loyal, the citizens of The Crags do not answer to anyone but themselves or the High King.
    (Note- bio is a work in progress. More coming soon)

*- I will add a map with everything included for vassals and House Terion next weekend. Currently no computer access for image editing.

6. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

IC: You crown yourself King and demand the appearance of all the nobles of the land as if they had sworn fealty to you, threatening insult if we fail to come groveling at your call with gifts and praise...?

We do not heel like trained dogs. House Tlön will send representatives that they may win glory for the Peryton Banner at the tournies and we share in your happiness but will not bow and scrape to any foreign lord.

OOC: This is basically par for the course for House Tlön. Its not you (House Draenon) in particular we are responding so disrespectfully to, its just our way.

7. Terrance888

Spoiler Map :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have a really tough weekend, but I threw this together for Arrow. The *Final* map will be much more polished with castles and cities and stuff, as desired by Arrow.
    @ Arrow, if you have prefered sprites or style of map, tell me!
    @ House Adrien's Player: Your borders are VERY awkward.

8. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Hey Terrance,

Can you move my capital region:
    Spoiler :

Also house names on the next version of the map?

9. Terrance888

/Tuesday is the the last day of school, Terrance. Just hold it together./

Sure thing!

10. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Where is Hallsatt?

11. Terrance888

12. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

IC:This reminds us of why we built a fortress in Silent Cove. The purpose of marriage is not only a celebration, even though this is the dear expected, but also a meeting with political goals, where important issues are discussed. In no time it was required, but a refusal to a peaceful invitation to a wedding does not mean anything other than an insult to the honor of our family, since our roof and our food are not to the height of the proud people of Uqbar and surroundings. Or is it that we are not reliable enough? Your emissaries are welcome, and may fight in the name of your House, as the proud lord not thought to be his duty to go to the wedding of the neighbors.
    We hope that the stars illuminate your path and your mind,
    The proud and manipulative King Jeod Draenon.

OOC: You hurt the honor of Jeod with style.:cool:

13. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

From: Lord Jeauseph II of House Mayeux, Holder of Many Titles
    To: The House Draenon

I shall send a delegation to represent the House Mayeux, lead by my eldest son Michel IV. Like the honorable House Tlon we take issue with your assertion to crown yourselves kings but we shall not begrudge you our presence at your wedding. My son's entourage shall be guarded by a number of armed men, so as to ensure their safe passage through the countryside in this time of turmoil. It is my own solemn warning to any who receive this message that should any harm come to my son and those under his protection as they make their way through the realm the fury of our House shall be swift and unrelenting. Tenfold be with you, sirs.

14. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

15. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

That was extremely helpful- thank you Eltain.

16. Nirosi

My borders and capital region are still a bit wrong:
    Spoiler :

You gave Strangborians and Laskians some of my land, also you took away these small islands on the westcoast, where Moridun is.

Here are the real maps of Laskia and Strangbor:
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

17. Terrance888

Thanks for bring that up.

however, I really want to know of you guys truly dislike the way I drew my borders and if you want me go what story guys did 100% faithfully. If I have to adjust one border, it would mismatch all the Peter borders in style so I essentially should redo the entire map with the angular/straight/weirdly proportioned borders I started with rather than the fractalized and more naturally developed feel I was trying to go for.

The reason the borders look like that is for two reasons. One, I didn't want to crop, resize, redraw every scrap of a map ever posted so far: at least until I'm actually to the polishing phase of the project. Therefore I reused and resized Thomas's map: I suspect the resizing changed the proportion of the borders, which are further changed by what I did next. Second I dislike the angular straight lines and smooth unnatural curves I was given to work with. I generally add curves and curves within curves and curves within those curves to make borders that looked like it developed naturally.

I must have you guys know this map isn't half or a third of the way done.

Anyway, I'll try to make your borders more "favorable". Y protruding into your neighbors. I honestly felt that this was a mere artifact of you drawing your smooth borders first, and my fractalizatio. Of Thomas 's map.
    Sorry if I sounded pod: that's because I was. I am under a lot of stress Irl and I spent 2 hours yesterday instead of studying for my finals just as a favor for Arrow who wanted a map he can use to show claims to new players. It is incredibly vague and the newer parts are of shoddy quality which will take quite some time to rectify. So I was annoyed by these posts because I wrongly assumed they were attacking my hours of hard work. But intact they were merely trying to help me build a better map.

18. Nirosi

I'm really sorry if I was unappreciative, I wasn't attacking you at all, the map is well done.
    Here is my variant of Gallecian borders, using Terrance's map as basis.
    Spoiler :

19. Arrow Gamer

Arrow Gamer America's Dictator

But then you take almost all of Laskia. Vetoed.

20. Nirosi

Hey, it's less then I had prior to Laskia, you could compare the maps.