1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ArrowNES3: Age's Beginning

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Arrow Gamer, May 25, 2013.

1. Arrow Gamer

Arrow Gamer America's Dictator

Hmm. I stand corrected.

Sorry.

2. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Sleep deprived peasant

Arrow, you forgot to put my spending. :D

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The map has progressed enough for a sneak peak. I hurried some parts, but overall I think my hard work paid off so far! What do you guys think?

4. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Lookin good.

Will we be treated to a mountain+political map?

Also, understand that my "core" or capital region has changed, as seen here. The land marked House Belcourt.

Many thanks to our fabulous cartographer.

5. Terrance888

Noted. The only thing I see "here" though, is a period.

I'll make various layers for all the info I'm getting. Maybe one day I can post N3S-esque BARRAGES of maps. :D

6. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Doh, I forgot the link. It's there now.

7. germanicus12

germanicus12 First Citizen of Rome

A rider races up the Auronas Road, passes through the White Gate at Ravenfall and disappears into the bustling streets, filled with merchants and shoppers. The rider navigates his way through the streets and leaves via the Iron Gate, which takes him into the Wealthy part of town, the streets were deserted, save for a slave or two rushing to do errands. The rider ignores all, keeps pushing his horse towards yet another gate, the Royal Gate, which deposits him into the Royal Quarters, and finally up a rather steep hill with switchbacks to his destination, the Citadel of Winter, the ruling seat of House Blackbeard and the Winterlands. The rider reigns up his horse, and gapes up at the sheer size of the citadel.

The rider approaches the steps, a groom appears and grabs the lathering horse's reins and holds the horse as the rider jumps off. The rider quickly rushes into the Palace while the groom guides the horse into the stables and pats him down for the night. He saddles up another horse, knowing the rider's business would probably take him back out again. He leads the horse back out just as the rider emerges from the Palace, a carrying case with him, he throws the case over his shoulder and jumps up on the horse, grabs the reins and races down the road. The groom scowls, says to nobody in particular, "He's pushing these horses too hard."

Meanwhile the next day, the rider enters a mountain pass, following the Auronas Road towards White Pass Fortress, he slows his horse, a replacement from the stables of Silverton, a mining community on the border of White Pass and Ravenfall, and stares at the formidable walls of the Pass, icy and forbidding, it sends shivers down his spine and he spurs his horse into a gallop, his horse happily obliging, feeling the fears of its owner. Within the hour the rider approaches a scout, who points towards the great Fortress at White Pass, the rider looks at the road, a rather terrifying series of switchbacks that leads to the gates, and the only feasible way to move an army through.

The rider sucks in his breath, thanks the scout and nudges his horse forward. He bypasses a wagon filled with Silver from the local mines, throwing the drover a friendly wave, further up the switchbacks he runs into a detachment of infantry, the fearsome Wolf Soldiers of the North, he wisely guides his horse out of the way and watches as they march by, a procession of perfect marching and order, each soldier only looking straight ahead, and only their commander, known as an Alpha Wolf, gives any indication of another traveler on the road by giving a curt glance at the rider. The rider watches as the vanguard passes by before urging the horse back on the road, White Pass Fortress now looms far above him and he can see guards roaming the walkways and the Banner of Lord White, a Snowcapped Peak on White background, flying proudly next to the Wolf Banner of House Blackbeard. He pushes on through the Auronas Gate and makes his way to White Citadel, not as grand as Citadel of Winter, but still intimidating and not taken easily. He meets the groom at the steps and jumps off the horse, he rushes into the Hall to deliver his package from High Lord Blackbeard to Lord White. Satisfied with a job well done, the rider leaves the Hall and heads to the seedier part for a night with a companion.

8. germanicus12

germanicus12 First Citizen of Rome

I moved my capital region to the tip of the western peninsula, below the Islands. I have lost my main map that showed the region in conjunction with the rest of the world, but I will put up my regional map which also shows where my capital is located.

9. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I need to provide you with an updated version of where my faction's familial homeland is. The area indicated by the main map isn't even highlands.

10. Terrance888

I just used Thomas' map as a baseline, and I intended to go through the thread AFTER I get all the basic stuff on. However, brining up problems now is great! Just remember to provide an updated map via post or VM. Thanks!

11. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

@Terrance, Arrow Gamer, I seem to have seriously misjudged my marital prospects/your faction background. For IC purposes I'd greatly appreciate if we both pretended the betrothal of Valenette to Quentin never occurred, though I suppose I'll understand if you feel it necessary to somehow pull a Frey on me. :p

@Deusselkerr, communique addressed to you and others on previous page.

12. Deusselkerr

Deusselkerr Warlord

As we do not have any NPC's that I can see in the blank portions of the map, how about those just be regions of pure Anarchy where Great Houses imploded after the fall of the King and the Usurper?

I have PM'ed Arrow the following marriages, finishing this generation for me: Serria-Charlus Mandon, Heida-Payton, Vius-Laura, Bairn-Aiya.

High Lord Jeauseph, Holder of Many Titles,

Under the old king you were never treacherous with me, under the usurper you never encroached my borders, and in recent years you have proven to be an honorable man. However, I am unwilling to commit my Mariners and Navy to foreign conflicts in this time of disorder and upheaval. I could not in good conscience leave my borders defenseless (save the mustered forces of my common folk) in our current state of global disruption by going to the aide of a fellow House, nor could I ask my vassals to do the same. Therefore, though I dearly wish you the best of luck in surviving the crisis of our time, I cannot agree to a defensive pact that would draw forces beyond my borders.

This does not mean, however, that I completely reject your offer of camaraderie. Indeed, I graciously accept most portions of your generous offer. I too wish to see to the general normalcy, prosperity and peace of my lands. I also wish to see peace between our houses and those of this alliance. Therefore I agree to the non-aggression pact implied in your treaty, as well as to the free movement of merchants and other noncombatants between our lands. If this qualification is enough to be accepted to your Eastern League, then I graciously accept. This does not mean that I will expect your men or the men of the other Houses of this treaty to defend me and mine; I simply enter this League with the defensive pact portion of this agreement completely inapplicable to The Autumnlands. I hope you find this compromise to be acceptable. I also would like to state that nothing is set in stone; perhaps, if I see in time that joining fully the Eastern League is a wise decision for the safety of my people, then I shall come to accept the defensive pact portion of your treaty.

Until then, may our men stand strong, our traders be lucky, and our farms remain plentiful. Long Live the Eastern League.

High Lord Bairn Walen, Third of His Name, Liege of the Autumnlands and Her People.

High Lord Bairn has made public the following plans to help his troops and traveling merchants move about The Autumnlands in the form of a Royal Highway system:
    Spoiler :

13. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

The house of Jioren is no more ? :(

14. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

To: House Nad

We were wondering if you might be interested in wedding a daughter to our eldest son, and heir to the throne, Jorma Vass and strengthening our kingdoms bond?

15. Terrance888

16. Arrow Gamer

I couldn't find a signup post other than a map while looking through the thread. If you can link me one, I'll edit you into Update 0. Otherwise, make one and get into the game now.

17. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

Great ..I will try to update this with the full submission, else, please shift me into the 2nd turn...

;)

18. Arrow Gamer

Okay, ill introduce you, along with the NPCs, in a minus date once the map is done.

19. Nirosi

Nirosi Hymenopus Coronatus

I don't mind, but my borders/capital region are diffrent, info on my house is right at the start of the 4th page.

20. Popcornlord

Popcornlord Steampunk Mechanic

To: His Lordship Jeauseph II of the Noble House Mayeux, etc etc, and High Lord Bairn Walen III, Liege of the Autumnlands and Her People
    From: Lord Silvio Aestis, Sovereign of the Inulusi and the Western Inulus Isles

I will, for now, support the Eastern League. We need to work together in the coming era to prevent the absolute anarchy that has ended the previous eras of Auronas, and I have much respect for your respective houses. However, I feel rather cautious in joining an alliance so soon after the previous King's death. If this alliance proves to be unfavorable to House Aestis and our vassals, we will leave without a second thought.

I look forward to working with the Eastern League in the future.