Ask A Car Nut

But you can't play online tournaments, contre.

What is the best year for the T-Bird?

I started to argue, but then I realized I spend way too much time playing WoW to say anything about how others play games online.

Are old VW bugs easy to work on? I heard this from a lot of people who fix cars. Are they reliable (as much as they can be for a 40+ year old car)?
That's what they all say. It's probably true since the drivetrain is all in the back and is easily removed. I've never wrenched on one myself.

A buddy had one when I was a coop student. He had to park on a hill all the time because the battery was constantly dying. But that's probably more due to him not wanting to buy a new one. There isn't much to them so they aren't terribly safe, and having the engine in the back makes it even more so in the case of a frontal collision. Rust is also likely a problem unless it is a west coast car.

I have to admit I always wanted one of those Meyers Manx dune buggy conversions. They were very popular in Florida when I was growing up.

What is the best year for the T-Bird?
I guess it depends on what you want. They started out as 2-seat sports cars that competed with the Corvette and sorta morphed into something quite a bit bigger. My dad had a '64 which was pretty cool for a 4-seater coupe that could easily hold 2 kids in the back seat (at least before car seats).

Do you pronounce Porsche properly?

I have a good joke on that.

This blonde looking for work sees a sign on a house: “PAINTER WANTED.” So she goes to the house and knocks on the door, telling the owner, “I’m here for the paint job.”
“OK.” The guys hands her a couple cans of latex. “Here’s the paint. I want you to paint the porch.”
She says, “No problem,” gets the paint and sets off to work. It’s not very long until she knocks on the door again. “All finished.”
Handing over the money, the owner exclaims, “That didn’t take very long!”
“I even gave it two coats,” she says, pocketing the money. “And oh, by the way, it’s not a Porch, it’s a Ferrari.”

Here's a few more Porsche jokes:

What's the difference between porcupines and Porsches? Porcupines have the pricks on the outside.

Why did the blonde date policemen? She thought the 911 on their cars meant they drive Porsches.

In what sense? The joke above? This is a Porsche 911:

I don't understand the joke. What else does 911 mean besides emergencies? I suppose it's an American thing.

I don't understand the joke. What else does 911 mean besides emergencies? I suppose it's an American thing.

911 is the emergency call number for the police.

Porsche has a car model called 911.

So she thought all policemen drove those cars.

Ah. Don't know much about Porsches, never even been near one. :blush:

Ah. Don't know much about Porsches, never even been near one. :blush:

I'm sure you have without knowing it ;)

Porsche is the best car manufacturer of ALL TIME. There, I said it.

:nono: Audi is better.

:lol: look, I have a soft spot for Audis, and I almost bought a A6 over my Jeep. But their early electrical problems mean you see a lot more old 911s than you see old Audis.

Did you ever get crap fro m people about "compensating for something? with cars?

Do you believe Ferraris are overrated?

What is your opinion on Nascar?

Many of those games have a sort of autmatic clutch thingy, you shift gears with a little lever included in the steering wheel.

Did you ever get crap from people about "compensating for something? with cars?
No, I've never heard that before. Who would ever say such a thing. :mischief:

See the Porsche joke above...

Do you believe Ferraris are overrated?
Not at all. I almost responded to the posts above by stating that I thought Ferrari is the best auto manufacturer of all time. But Porsche is likely the best production car manufacturer.

What is your opinion on Nascar?
You should check out the NASCAR threads in the sports sections, but basically I think they seriously need to learn how to properly sanction races. Without fairness and proper officiating it is a pretend sport like the WWF. There is simply no way that someone who has been caught cheating after the race should be able to keep his victory. No other sanctioning body has such a ludicrous rule that files in the face of good sportsmanship. And there is simply no way that people who deliberately ruin the race of others should go completely unpunished. It doesn't take any skill at all to win that way.

After Carl Edwards nearly killed Brad Keselowski, and even endangered the lives of fans in the stands at Talladega, I sent email to all his major sponsors asking if that was the sort of person they wanted representing their products. If they really wanted to sponsor someone who was going to end up killing another driver or fans in the stands.

Link to video.

Where's the clutch pedal?
Some of them have clutch pedals and gear shifters, but most people use paddle shifters and semi-automatic gearboxes these days. They are quite a bit faster.

Are you in love with your car?
No, I can't say I am in love with my car. But road racing comes very close to being as much fun as sex.

Top Bottom