Attack of The Super Duper Big Picture

The Last Conformist said:
It's also a Monty Python reference.

hence the conformity. Who doesn't cite monty python (esp. Holy grail/life of brian)

Bozo Erectus said:
Aphex, whats to be proud of? We didnt bring all those atoms and cells together ourselves, thats somebody elses doing;) Be proud of ourselves because we exist?
So you're saying you can only be proud of something (great) of your own doing and be humble of something that is not? Then you can but spend your whole life in humility. Well, what kind of attitude is that? ;)

You are awed at the size and complexity of the universe... yet fail to grasp the complexity of yourself -- those atoms and moleculles in such an unlikely combination --- that is Bozo Erectus :)

(Yes, I need more alcohol :mischief: )

I call misanthropism! (because it feels right)

I'm about as important as I feel.

Hmmm, it is difficult to describe my thoughts on things like this...

I often think it would be best if someone filmed my life from my point of view, with my thoughts as well, and then watched it after say, a month or a year.

If you did this to everyone, you could learn a lot more about how people think, and on a smaller scale, there could be more understanding.

But thats a different matter all together, and I am just dwelling too much tonight, and voicing my thoughts, in a way that doesn't really tell you how what I am thinking.

And I am not really making much sense right now, but oh well...

Humility is a good quality to have, least you come off as an arrogant selfish jerk with no consideration for other peoples feelings. ;)

Hey Bozo, you know that song - Nothing Else Matters, by Metalica?

Well it's true, nothing else matters.

"Mattering" is always just a subjective opinion (though the religious may argue otherwise). All I can know in this lifetime is thru the experience of myself. I may not b able to make an inpact on the division rate among microorganisms on Zeptoon but that mattes not to be. I'm I was meant to make a difference there then I would have been born there, instead of here.

Humility can be attained by focusing on all the things we cannot do (control the weather or the score of a baseball game) and thinking "wow, I'm insiginificant", whereas I prefer to focus on the things I can do (like indirectly spurning you to start a meaningful(less) discussion on a meaningful(less) forum in cyberspace.

In 100 years we'll most likely all be dead so I figure we might as well spend our time happy and confident rather than worrying that 7 of Deep Space 9 may never be affected by our presence. ;)

punkbass2000 said:
Nothing matters. :)
Egad! You've fallen for the propaganda of the Whats!!

'Nothing lasts forever.'
'Nothing is worth dying for.'
'Nothing is more important than the mayo on my sandwich.'

See how pervasive the great Cult of Nothing is? You've got to fight it man!

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

If nothing is important and nothing matters then there is no morality.

People are the most important things in the goddamned universe. If you disagree, let all the murderers out of jail.

Whenever something really bad happens to me or someone i know. Or i did something stupid, I find looking at stars calms me down and puts things in perspective. I agree 100% bozo

superisis said:
As to punkass's statements, I'd like some splainin here cause if one is an atheist, one may argue that all moral is relative and there is no true objectivity (or if there is, no one may know it... how can you or anyone else know what the truth is). However any person of faith (well nt necesserily but usually) would say that there is a higher being that dictates what is true and what is false, what is moral and what is immoral, hence what matters and what doesn't.

I don't see how you relate "Truth" to "Morality" here.

FearlessLeader2 said:
Egad! You've fallen for the propaganda of the Whats!!

'Nothing lasts forever.'
'Nothing is worth dying for.'
'Nothing is more important than the mayo on my sandwich.'

See how pervasive the great Cult of Nothing is? You've got to fight it man!

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

I wish I understood this.

Top Bottom