August 2020 Developer Livestream Discussion

Depending on how punishing it'll be to have negative amenities, it will make people think twice before selling their unique copy of luxuries in early game, so it might mean less gold early.

Last edited:
One thing that perhaps no one has mentioned is that, with the change in amenities, cities will tend to lose more loyalty now and often AI is not able to deal loyalty/city placement on the map very well, so we will see a lot of free cities now.

Yeah, this is actually a change I've wanted - but in conjuction with giving free amenities to the AI (or the player) depending on difficult level. Hopefully they've done so, but I'm not sure.

While the early game impact is going to be exponentially more significant, National Parks jump to mind when Amenities changes get brought up.

If I make it into the late game as the Moose Man, all my cities are sitting at about +6. Used to that meant nothing, now it actually matters a tad.

Still think Happiness should apply a Tourism modifier--who wants to vacation in a gulag?

While the early game impact is going to be exponentially more significant, National Parks jump to mind when Amenities changes get brought up.

If I make it into the late game as the Moose Man, all my cities are sitting at about +6. Used to that meant nothing, now it actually matters a tad.

Still think Happiness should apply a Tourism modifier--who wants to vacation in a gulag?

I hadn't considered it but yes the amenity and entertainment district buffs both indrectly buff Canada. Between the national park and hockey rink, their late game might be... slighter better now? Depends on how big ecstatic buff is.

I'm really happy they finally addressed the free amenity and are making ECs more valuable early. I know that's been a long time ask here.
It's almost like... senpai noticed us...

Forum furor intensifies

Looking forward to the full patch notes.

As a gossip, I saw on Discord that "the work ethic bug will not be fixed with this patch". I'm not very pissed by this one, but some people may be.

A list of civs with Amenity bonuses

India
Khmer
Indonesia (ECs on the coast)
Ottomans (in captured cities) (Grand Bazaar)
Maya
Scotland (Golf)
Aztecs
Maori (Kupe's capital bonus)
Rome (Baths)
Brazil (Copacabana/Street Carnival)
Hungary (Thermal Baths adj to Thermal Fissures)
Canada (Hockey)

I hadn't considered it but yes the amenity and entertainment district buffs both indrectly buff Canada. Between the national park and hockey rink, their late game might be... slighter better now? Depends on how big ecstatic buff is.

Naturalists will be significantly cheaper now (following the rock band progression) with faith, so that conversely might make Canada's mountie buying a little more devalued.

View attachment 567347

Venice CS palace.
Looks like a Roman palace style.
Here's Roman palace in-game.
Spoiler :
upload_2020-8-26_22-3-10.png

Both Lisbon and Antioch seem to use the same style, so it doesn't tell us much probably.
Spoiler :
upload_2020-8-26_22-6-15.png
upload_2020-8-26_22-8-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-26_22-8-30.png
    upload_2020-8-26_22-8-30.png
    661 KB · Views: 37
Naturalists will be significantly cheaper now (following the rock band progression) with faith, so that conversely might make Canada's mountie buying a little more devalued.
I only saw people mention "progression", are base price the same? So naturalists are 600,700,800,... or 1200,1300,1400,...?

Next DLC includes a new map, and there is already a map for Europe so I think Portugal is not coming with DLC#3.

My money is on middle-east map with Byzantine and another civ that is not Babylon(which was still a city-state) so could be Assyria or maybe even Palmyra.
New maps?

I think this guy has a lot to say about maps :) I wouldn't say it will not be European patch that easy ;)

I only saw people mention "progression", are base price the same? So naturalists are 600,700,800,... or 1200,1300,1400,...?

Yeah, we can't be sure. My guess is they'll still start with a higher base cost, but will only increase by 100 faith each, rather than whatever their current increase is. If they started at 600, that feels way too cheap.

Yeah, we can't be sure. My guess is they'll still start with a higher base cost, but will only increase by 100 faith each, rather than whatever their current increase is. If they started at 600, that feels way too cheap.
Current increase is 200 iirc. Recently someone posted on Reddit that he made 120 national parks, and the last one cost 25000 faith. (1000 + 200 * n = 25000 where n = 120.)

Amenities changed -
-8 amenities = revolt.
+5 amenities = ecstatic.

Cities do not give free amenity anymore, Palace gives 1 amenity instead.
Golf courses increase amenities by 1 now.
Theater Square now has major adj. bonus with Entertainment Complex/Water Park.

The -8 to revolts is unnecessary. The other changes are welcomed.

Top Bottom