Autocensor Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about not filtering words with unrelated meanings (such as the infamous break in the armour) and if they feel the need to insult the Chinese, then you infract them? Having a barely used slur overwrite a bona fide English noun is a very silly idea.

Really, this change really was thought by a right prat. All it will do is educate other forum members in new insults.

Really, this change really was thought by a right prat. All it will do is educate other forum members in new insults.

Ask Shakespeare; he was the great insulter of his day. To wit:

Henry IV said:
You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat's-tongue, you bull's-pizzle, you stock-fish--O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor's-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!

I think that's better than what anyone can think of today.

Is this an auto-censor I see before me, its filter towards my hand?

You Balkan Beetle! Don't usurp my post.

Moderator Action: If you folks want to compose some more creative insults, how about taking it to a new thread, or somewhere? This isn't really productive discussion of the OP.

Oh the fair lady commandeth me! Her voice I must obey.

Rules against swearing is pretty stupid. Who is it supposed to protect? Kids who hear far worse in the playground every day?

I think it's so parents don't look over their kid's shoulder and see everyone calling each other monkeyfrappers, frumbuckets, conksputters, etc.

Moderator Action: If you folks want to compose some more creative insults, how about taking it to a new thread, or somewhere? This isn't really productive discussion of the OP.

False assumption - you've assumed the OP's goals were indended to be productive. Nay! They are counter-productive, so spamming a counter-productive thread with counter-productive posts is par for the course. ;)

False assumption - you've assumed the OP's goals were indended to be productive. Nay! They are counter-productive, so spamming a counter-productive thread with counter-productive posts is par for the course. ;)
Moderator Action: A humorous and yet undeniable tipping point. Thread closed. Perhaps you can persuade an Admin to reopen it with a similar argument. :)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom