Aztec - Montezuma I Thread

I noticed by the end of the video one civ was showing with pink and black borders (see the screenshot below).

Spoiler :

Any idea as to what civ it is? I believe this color scheme is new.

Isn't black means city-state? And purple is a culture color in Civ6, so likely to be cultural city-state.

and if memory serves me correctly you had to pay for Babylon afterwards if you didn't preorder

People who bought the game via App Store got Babylon and Mongolia for free, but yes everyone else paid for Babylon

There's a Great Person(?) at 1:47 or so. It's a woman!

Nice spot. Given that we now select specific Great People, it's only right they should have male and female versions. While we have gotten used to male Joans of Arc and Marie Curies in past Civilization games, now that the gender of a GP is known in advance, there's no excuse! :lol:

True that I forgot that, but that's still UA.

We still need the 4th unique element (UA + 3 others).

UU, UB and 2 UAs - 1 related to amenities and 1 for speeding districts with builders.

So..

Unique Ability for Aztecs - Speeding up Districts with Builders

Unique Ability for Montezuma - Combat boost from Amenisties

Unique Unit - Eagle Warrior - Turns Defeated units into Builders

Uniquw Building - Ball Court Thingy - Great General Points and Faith?

(As King Jason pointed out)

This question may have been overlooked so far :twitch:

Leader UA: Luxury resources provide more amenities and resources of different types grant a combat bonus to the Aztec military.

Civ UA: Can use builders to speed up the production of districts.

True that I forgot that, but that's still UA.

We still need the 4th unique element (UA + 3 others).

No we don't. We have two different Unique abilities (that I mentioned for the other guy) and then a UU and a UB. Nothing is missing.

So..

Unique Ability for Aztecs - Combat boost from Amenisties

Unique Ability for Montezuma - ????

The amenities is Montezuma's bonus. The rush-building of districts is the Aztecs. She says it plainly when discussing each ability.

Look's great!

Leader UA: Luxury resources provide more amenities and resources of different types grant a combat bonus to the Aztec military.

Civ UA: Can use builders to speed up the production of districts.

No we don't. We have two different Unique abilities (that I mentioned for the other guy) and then a UU and a UB. Nothing is missing.

The amenities is Montezuma's bonus. The rush-building of districts is the Aztecs. She says it plainly when discussing each ability.

I corrected my mistake. :rolleyes:

I find that a tiny bit ironic that we're complaining that Aztecs arent' geography dependant when we've seen just how badly that can go. (Try playign England on a pangea)

I think they're avoiding almost any Uniques from previous iterations (namely Civ 5).

They're exciting, but the names are bugging me.

Oh, I got that, I'm not a fan of geography dependence either, but so far every civ in 6 (except China) has something about that: continents with Teddy and Vicky, coastline with Hojo, rivers with Cleo. Given that the aztecs built a city in the middle of a lake and that they were famous for modifying the land to create farms and aqueducts seem like a strange choice that they have no bonus related to geography.

Also, what's bugging you about the names? Can't you pronounce Tlachtli, Tlatoani or Huitzilopochitl correctly? :p

Moderator Action: Threads merged

Oh, I got that, I'm not a fan of geography dependence either, but so far every civ in 6 (except China) has something about that: continents with Teddy and Vicky, coastline with Hojo, rivers with Cleo. Given that the aztecs built a city in the middle of a lake and that they were famous for modifying the land to create farms and aqueducts seem like a strange choice that they have no bonus related to geography.

Also, what's bugging you about the names? Can't you pronounce Tlachtli, Tlatoani or Huitzilopochitl correctly? :p

XD, That too, but no, I just mean that the names for unique abilites just seem a little bit off. Like Dynasty Cycles... they sound basic.

Anyway. If every civ has some sort of geography-based bonus then the game becomes incredibly unbalanced because chances are that over 65% of the world will end up suffering as a result.

There needs to be a counter-balance so that civs, like the Aztecs, flourish in ANY condition.

It's really reminiscent of the City State Worker Stealing strategy. Instead of dumping your production into making builders, you dump it into making Eagle Warriors. Then, you use those warriors to defeat Barbarians (Or the Civ next door) while you build infrastructure, and those barbarians become your builders.

The way I understand it, it means that we will have 17 civs at launch (for the first three months) unless we pre-order the game.

I doubt it. I am guessing 19 Civs if you pre-order. They specifically said there would be 18, I doubt they'd count a pre-order bonus as one.

Does anybody remember how many civilization were promised at start for Civ 5 and whether those numbers counted including Babylon and Mongol?

Pretty sure the Woman is a religious unit (Apostle?).

UU, UB and 2 UAs - 1 related to amenities and 1 for speeding districts with builders.
No matter whether we divide the UA into two or one, there should be three others - or what? Does some civs only get two uniques on top of the UA?

For instance America has, on top of the UA(s):
- Unique Fighter (UU)
- Rough Rider (UU)
- Movie Studio (UB)

England:
- Sea Dog (UU)
- Red Coat (UU)
- Unique Harbour (UD)

Japan:
- Factory (UB)
- Samurai (UU)
- ?

China:
- Crouching Tiger Canon (UU)
- Great Wall (UI)
- ?

Aztecs:
- Eagle Warrior (UU)
- Ballcourt (UB)
- ?

Does anybody remember how many civilization were promised at start for Civ 5 and whether those numbers counted including Babylon and Mongol?
Civ5 had 18 civs not including Babylon and Mongolia.

Top Bottom