Aztec - Montezuma I Thread

Likely by what justification? I doubt they'd scoop so low as to make one, much less two, of them map sets.

The exact wording on Steam page is:

Expand your empire further with the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe which includes the full base game, the 25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack, and access to four post-launch DLC packs* that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount.

It could be understand in very different ways. Could be each DLC having a civ and map/scenario, or could be multiple types of DLC.

P.S. BTW, separate mention of leaders here, together with separate mention of leader bonuses is the thing which flamed the original discussion about multiple leaders.

Okay I have a question now

Have I missed it or do we don't know what is Montezuma's diplomatic agenda?

There were 18, 20 if you count Babylon and Mongolia.

They said Civ VI would have 18 "like Civ V", so I highly doubt Aztecs count.

Then that's a good news. While waiting for official confirmation we could assume there will be 19 civs at start. Somehow I have feeling that Aztec won't be the only civ treated this way - maybe another popular civ like Rome too (to encourage players to pre-order).

Anyway,
(1:33) The city art styles looks Spanish to me, different from the Mesoamerican style seen seconds before.

Also the palace looks different between the era [compare (0:17) and bottom of (0:50) versus (0:58)]

Just imagine.. plowing a passing civilizations scout with your overpowered unit to get a free worker... Sounds amazing

I figured as much, so it seems to be quite an unfortunate UU. How often are you going to be killing any units with Warriors? I know they've said they want more combat in the early game, but that early? Seems like a waste.

Well they've already said that early war is going to be a rule rather than an exception, that there are fewer penalties for it early on.

Okay I have a question now

Have I missed it or do we don't know what is Montezuma's diplomatic agenda?

Agendas are not mentioned for China, England, Egypt, Japan too.

They've been keeping some of those quiet for some reason. I didn't see or hear it in that video.

I really don't understand that. In every interview ever they mention diplo agendas :p so we assumed they are one of most important features, yet they suddenly don't bother to describe agendas of latter half of revealed civs...

I feel like an idiot, but what exactly are amenities in Civ VI? I've never heard about them as a feature in the game before.

Seems like Montezuma is going to want an early war to provide him with builders. Teddy ain't gonna like that.

What is this one then? Doesn't look like the Huey Teocalli picture TPangolin posted

It's Chichen Itza.

Chichen Itza is Mayan architectonic wonder, Huey Teocalli - Aztec architecture. I presume CI is available in the base game and HT in the preorder DLC.

Agendas are not mentioned for China, England, Egypt, Japan too.

They weren't mentioned in videos, but we know them all.

Civ5 on release had America, Iroquis, Aztec, Egypt, Songhai, Greece, Rome, Russia, Germany, France, England, Arabia, Persia, Ottomans, India, China, Japan and Siam (18), as well as day 0 DLC civ (Babylon) and approximately one month after release we got a free Mongolia DLC (I still don't know if this free dlc was planned from beginning, or if it was planned to be paid but released free in reaction to great ****storm on those forums in this era regarding questionable quality of civ5 release version :p )

As for Aztecs, they are amazing. Every civ shown so far is amazing, with gameplay impact and interaction worth of 2-3 old civs of C5. But I am unpleasantly baffled by the nature of this preorder bonus. Free civ but locked only for preorder buyers for three months... Feels weird. Not to mention the fact Aztecs were "basic civ" for 20 years since Civv1, always in release basic version.
Although Babylon and Mongolia suffered the same fate in civ5 - after four iterations of being in every release version, they were cut for DLCs.

so back then, was Babylon advertised as free DLC or simply pre-order bonus?
As aforementioned DLC and pre-order are different things but the line looks blurry here.

The Deluxe edition, is not comign with 4 exlusive DLCs, Even Babylon was made a regular DLC after a while, the way I see it Deluxe comes with four paid-for DLCs that we get a basically a season pass for. So the Deluxe get earlier access to them while everyone waits extra few days.

I mean, tha'ts mostly speculation but I highly doubt that they'd also make four civs exclusive to those with Deluxe edition of the game.

Usually, that's not how a Season Pass works. A Season Pass means you are paying up front for future Downloadable Content at a discounted price. So, all content included in the Deluxe Edition must be paid content.

The Aztecs are not paid content. They are free content that comes early to anyone who pre-orders the game. So they can't be part of the "First Four DLC" from the Deluxe Edition.

And we really don't know if that 4 DLCs are all civs. Maybe one of them is a Map Pack or some Scenarios.

Eagle warriors.

I knew it. I knew they wouldnt use Jaguars again.

XIMICACAN!!

I feel like an idiot, but what exactly are amenities in Civ VI? I've never heard about them as a feature in the game before.

We're not sure but it seems like a sort of local to the city happiness mechanic. Might also play into tourism possibly. It's one item that isn't clear yet.

Top Bottom