Battle for Barsoom [John Carter]

JosEPh_II,

hey man,

ok got ya, i probably need to lower ai starting bonuses, i kinda made it harder everywhere i guess. not to worry. ill make the needed changes to ai.

also, ill get the units like you said.

ill upload a version tomorrow.

p.s
i added most of the ui and some more work from platy. so its gonna be nice.

mm...song of the moon, realy, u want it?
before i worked with this mod, i made some work on sotm, i merged it with kmod.
got an up and running build, if you want is so, i can upload it, but the mod isnt well balanced, and no play testing was made, also, im focusing on this mod for now, and after im gonna make a mod mod to vip, who knows when...:)

JosEPh_II,

hey man,

ok got ya, i probably need to lower ai starting bonuses, i kinda made it harder everywhere i guess. not to worry. ill make the needed changes to ai.

also, ill get the units like you said.

ill upload a version tomorrow.

p.s
i added most of the ui and some more work from platy. so its gonna be nice.

mm...song of the moon, realy, u want it?
before i worked with this mod, i made some work on sotm, i merged it with kmod.
got an up and running build, if you want is so, i can upload it, but the mod isnt well balanced, and no play testing was made, also, im focusing on this mod for now, and after im gonna make a mod mod to vip, who knows when...:)

Yes I would take SotM as I wanted to play it when you 1st put it out.

RL issues still keeping my play time down but should improve after the weekend is over.

JosEPh

ok dude,
i need to find the latest build of sotm, but i warn you, most things are not balanced.

no problem the longer you delay the more time i have to upload you a new and better build.

i didnt have time to clean the last version, thought i tested it several times.

ill upload tomorrow after i finish work.

i got all of platy ui things plus some more balance like you suggested.

@keldath,
Got that new version ready yet? :D

One observation that has become very clear, you must research the tech line that gives buggies and Trikes 1st. Any other path picked and you will get hammered by the AI and Barbs as their Buggies and Trikes and then Tred Marks run you over. Can't turtle cause you have no early city defender unit to hold them off.

JosEPh :)

hey dude,

yeah been lazy for the past 3 days, didnt do barsoom work.

but tonight ill upload you the new version for test.

good point there,
i guess i have to move some units around the tech tree then, i added a new unit that has power of 5 and some deff bonus between trkies and buggies like u suggested.

hey dude,

yeah been lazy for the past 3 days, didnt do barsoom work.

but tonight ill upload you the new version for test.

good point there,
i guess i have to move some units around the tech tree then, i added a new unit that has power of 5 and some deff bonus between trkies and buggies like u suggested.

Good to hear about the new unit with def bonus. Actually would like to see a few more mounted animal units before mech units too. Maybe a more buffed up attacking Spotter type? Tarks mounted rifle units come to mind.

Maybe the techs that give Buggies and Trikes need to have the "Learning" Tech as a prereq too? Or the "Radio" tech (can't remember their exact names atm). Something else to get researched before Light materials to extend the path a tech or 3. ;)

JosEPh

ok good input, ill get that in in the next hour then i upload,

musty play one more game in league of legends :)

ok im uploading the mod 1.2 now,
i made the 2 techs a bit more expensive,

heres a kidna list of the changes:
- added many platy works -
pedia, pesky barbs, golden age, happy razing, scoreboard and more.

i also did a lot of balance changes in the speed, costs and more.
i think now gold is harder to come buy, and its a slower growth and research.
hope it better then b4.

link will be up in the morning or if i stay awake till it finishes upload.

D/Ling now. :)

JosEPh

@keldath,

See screen shots. Game over by turn 9. :p

You just can Not give the barbs Buggies at game start or tonols either. :nono:

Barbs should not even show up until turn 50 on a 900 or 1200 turn game. Even later for the 2 longest.

JosEPh :/

Edit:
This is what your opening screen should read:
Barsoom, The Red Planet, known to Earth as Mars. Ancient and advanced Civilizations once grew and flourished only to fall back into savagery. All wanting to control the Red Planet. With the arrival of John Carter of Earth, Jasoom, old rivalries and feuds are re-awakened between the alien races that call Barsoom Home. Will you be the one to lead and Rule the Red Planet?

EDIT2: This Spawning of Barb units next to your city in the 1st 5 to 7 turns is a game breaker for the Mod. Wherever the code that is responsible for this spawn has to be removed or greatly modified. You just can not have 4 Barb units spawn in the cities 9 tile radius. As soon as you initial city goes from 1 tile to nine the Barbs spawn next to the city. You have No defenders at this point save your lone Spotter. It's broken keldath. :(

Of course I do! :D

JosEPh :)

Where is the Barb city spawn located so I can "adjust" it to be able to use v1.2 while waiting?

JosEPh

Top Bottom