Belgian Empire

Do you mean for vanilla, without expansions?

It's fairly easy to change the name of the unit, just change one line in the unit Text files.

I guess, yes, the version you'd buy in a shop. (OMG I really know NOTHING of all this terminology:blush:)

Okay :)

This module is for the second expansion pack for Civilization IV, called Beyond the Sword. The regular version, without any of the official expansion packs, is called "Vanilla" by the community (because its plain, with no expansions. There are two official expansion packs, Warlords and Beyond the Sword. Both can be purchased in a store.)

So it depends whether you have the regular Civilization IV, Warlords, or Beyond the Sword. If you don't know which you have, start the game up and it'll say on the title screen.

Alright, I made a small mod featuring Belgium. Since its for vanilla, I had to remove the Unique Building (Usine Industrielle), because the vanilla version of Civ4 does not support UBs (that was added in Warlords). I also had to change Rogier and Leopold II's traits.

Here's the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15029

To install, just go to where you installed vanilla (likely C:program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\), and open the mods directory. Just place the Belgium folder in the RAR archive right there. When you start up Civ4, go to Advanced and then Load A Mod. In tat list should say Belgium. Select it and click go (or something). Civ4 will reboot, and load the mod.

If you encounter any errors, tell me here. I cant play test the mod because I lost my civ4 disk a while back, so there may be some errors.

It says that PLAYERCOLOR_BELGIUM in infor class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

And the game crashes when I try to play as Belgium.

I'm afraid the error is still there because the same error message appears.
Did I tell that the message appears during the mod is loading?

:wallbash:

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I included the unmodified files rather than the modified ones. It should work now. (I think).

There is one thing still, the game crashes when I try to play as Belgium, but doesn't when I play against Belgium (in the single player, I didn't try anywhere else)

Thats an interesting result...

Have you played against both leaders? Check the Civilopedia, I probably made some sort of error in the art assets. If theres any pink boxes or missing things, report them to me please.

I checked and found out that the article about the Belgian Empire doesn't show up. There is a Civilopedia link to the article but there is no text.
Everything seems to be normal with Charles and Leopold though.

Just the article? I accidentally deleted that, but that wouldn't cause this problem...
What about units, does the Brigade Prion appear in the civilopedia? Is the unit box alright?

Thanks It works fantastically.
There is a small flaw in the city names though, I think it gives the programmed text instead of just the city name.

D'oh! That was an oversight; in BtS, the Netherlands has those as default names, so the tag actually connects to something. Since theres no Netherlands in Vanilla, it doesn't have anything to connect to.

That should be fixed now.

Top Bottom