Bestiary of Erebus

Whow; when did I step into a language and grammar class?

But seriously, this really fleshes out what the lore compendium begun, though it would be nice if the creators of the lore had agreed on what was to be in the bestiary, or at least made somedy responsible for collecting the data before magister cultuum writes a post to long to be read.

Did anyone else laugh at the Wichtlein's description?

"They hate knockers."

If you know what I mean.

I would suggest to the FF team, after reading the Ira "pedia" that the extra strength an Ira gains from killing should only be temporary, to dissapear after 5-10 turns.

Having just the extra strength be temporary would be harder and less thematic than just having the units get weaker on their own when they don't fight. I would recomend a PyPerTurn call that weakens them, but units don't have that ability in normal FfH (unlike FF). It wouldn't be hard to give them a promotion that does that though.

If Irae lost 1 strength per turn, then I could see removing the cap on how strong they can get plus giving them blitz as a reasonable move. Of course, it might be better just to make them have a random change of losing strength, ans/or make it so they they only get weaker if they did not attack that turn.

Did anyone else laugh at the Wichtlein's description?

"They hate knockers."

If you know what I mean.

Knockers are drawn from Cornish mythology. Cornwall was famous for tin mining, exporting it's expertise to the US, Australia and the Antipodes. Cambourne School of Mines (now run under the auspices of the University of Exeter) is still highly regarding for it's courses in mine engineering. Mines (also known as wheals) dominate the Cornish landscape. You can almost walk the length of the county underground!

Knockers were caused by the echoes in the mines. Typically the Knocker was thought to be a benevolent spirit, the ghosts of miners who had died in mining accidents who would lead their colleagues to safety. In return the tin miners would throw away the ends of their pasties for the knockers. Pasties were constructed so that one end would contains savoury course - beef skirt, swede, potatoes, onions, whereas the other end would contain the sweet course, such as apple. The pasty would typically be crimped with the initials of the miner for whom it was intended and the end of the pasty would protrude slightly so that the miner could hold it. Working in a mine is a dirty business and so the end of the pasty would be inedible for the miners, and would then be discarded for the Knockers.

Knockers are drawn from Cornish mythology. Cornwall was famous for tin mining, exporting it's expertise to the US, Australia and the Antipodes. Cambourne School of Mines (now run under the auspices of the University of Exeter) is still highly regarding for it's courses in mine engineering. Mines (also known as wheals) dominate the Cornish landscape. You can almost walk the length of the county underground!

Knockers were caused by the echoes in the mines. Typically the Knocker was thought to be a benevolent spirit, the ghosts of miners who had died in mining accidents who would lead their colleagues to safety. In return the tin miners would throw away the ends of their pasties for the knockers. Pasties were constructed so that one end would contains savoury course - beef skirt, swede, potatoes, onions, whereas the other end would contain the sweet course, such as apple. The pasty would typically be crimped with the initials of the miner for whom it was intended and the end of the pasty would protrude slightly so that the miner could hold it. Working in a mine is a dirty business and so the end of the pasty would be inedible for the miners, and would then be discarded for the Knockers.

Strangely interesting if not completely ignoring the joke. Good job.

So, does that mean that the Golden Hammers, or whatever their called, are actually Arma?
PS: The grammer in the Slamander Entry bugs me abit, but I'm not sure why.

Hey, Kael, have you everconsidered geting this and the Helld Thread's sticked? They are Word of God info.

You know what part I love?

Gyre Carlin (unique)- The work of the Gyre Carlin is that of bad fortune and misery. She makes the horizon lower, the waters colder, the stretches of the march more treacherous, the snow more icy, the frost more biting. She makes furrows deeper and draws out the bad winter day to the point of deep distress. She makes cats fight each other by moonlight, and she starves the crows. She spoils grain once harvested, dampens wheat, sours milk, entices children toward ravines, and loses flocks and their shepherds in fogs. She appears as a withered hag.

I'm glad to read that she's an aspect of Tali because wind can cause so much sorrow and misery. Just like fortune, there are good and bad winds. I guess what I find appropriate about it is how sorrow itself can feel like a strong relentless wind when it takes everything out of you. And there's that despondent sigh that comes with it, like a deafening rush that dulls your senses and makes you feel like nothing exists but the wind. I appreciate that this comes from a neutral angel, and not everything bad is the work of the evil angels. Her work isn't evil, it just is.

Starving crows! She is good. That's tough to do.

I have a question on Frostlings.

I thought from Age of Ice the Frostlings were merely the equivalent of Manes? In that they were people who died during the Age of Ice and found their souls "frozen" if you will, and found themselves brought into Erebus as Frostlings? Are they an actual race, or just the spirits of people who died during the Age of Ice (and after Samhain)? AoI implies the latter, but FFH 2 now seems to suggest the former, so I'm confused.

the description of the Haegtesse sounded familiar. Did you get inspiration from it from sleep paralysis? Because with the presure on chest, paralyzation, and seeing scary things sounds exactly like sleep paralysis.

Top Bottom