Betrayal At House on the Hill

@Angst: Started and two updates in. I can put you on the waiting list if you'd like.

Chapter 3

After entering the hallways, Ox decided to take a turn to the east, following one of the doors into a dead end. The new room he found was covered with marble floors and wooden pews stretching from the door to the far wall, where an altar stood. The room appeared to be a sparsely decorated chapel, with stained glass windows the only markers of an outside world. There was something odd about the room, but he could not immediately figure it out, as the feeling tickled the back of Ox’s mind. He was unable to shake the feeling, and was a bit worse for wear mentally as a result. (Knowledge roll failed; -1 Sanity; +1 Sanity for ending in Chapel)

Alice left the master bedroom, heading out to a windy balcony, with a clear view of Nesiot Manor’s extensive grounds and estate. The view was grand and clear, allowing Alice to realize the full distance she had gone within the manor. Upon the balcony she found a spear, clearly pulsing with power, an ancient and strong weapon that had been lost to the ages. (Alice gains Spear)

Dorian, recovered from falling into the basement went west, finding himself at the basement landing, with the stench of coal apparent. He continued through this room, even further to the west, still a bit disoriented at his rough landing. He found himself in a room clogged with garbage and rubbish. There was no sign of any order or organization among the debris within the room. As he attempted to claw his way through the Junk Room, he heard a growl, and was pinched by a mysterious bite, which then fled into the darkness. Thankfully whatever had bit him did no damage, and disappeared into the quiet of the manor. (Might roll succeeded)

Doug left the library through the other door in the hall, finding his way into an assortment of creaky hallways. He found little else of interest beyond the numerous doors now available for his exploration.

John MacArthur gingerly left the Collapsed Room to enter the door that Dorian had come through before he fell to the depths below. He entered the Kitchen and found nothing new of interest.

November once again spent some time in the Gallery, looking at the collected artwork of the Nesiots with some interest.

Map of the Manor

7 Omens have taken place!

Remember, all die have 6 sides, two with a value of 0, two with a value of 1, and two with a value of 2.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. Entering the Collapsed Room will require a Speed check of 5+ in a successful roll. Failing results in 1-die of Physical injury. Falling through the Collapsed Room leads to the Servant’s Quarters.
2. Once per game, ending your turn in the Library will gain your character 1 Knowledge.
3. A secret passage connects the Library to the Kitchen, and can be used as a movement.
4. Once per game, ending your turn in the Chapel will gain your character 1 Sanity
5. When leaving the Junk Room, you must do a Might roll of 3+. If failed, you lose 1 Speed.

There is No Way to go but North.

(Turn back now)

The reckoning shall not be postponed indefinitely.

Move south of Creaky Hallways

Anyone want to place bets on who going to start the haunt? My money on inthesomeday. Every time I play the broadgame with friends it end up with the person with the little girl that start it (that or the crazy men omen).

South of the Junk Room.

Apparently November is a she.

November goes 1 room south.

Sorry for the double post, but eel the fast pace of the game is better suited to a Discord chatroom instead of a CFC thread. If all 6 are on at once turns can snap by, while even if they aren't we can have one channel for orders, one channel for updates, and one channel for ooc. Would also get alerts at posts so less likely to miss a deadline.

Use 2 movements to go the room east of the Entrance Hall.

@Christos: You cannot go east of the entry hall as that is the (locked) exit. I'm starting on the update now, so if you want to correct it, you have about 20 minutes to do so.

Then use two movements to go the room north of the collapsed room.

Chapter 3

The madman tilts his head, listening. “Do you hear it?” He asks his companion. “Under the floor, where I put them. My family.” The floor buckles and cracks, and two corpses heave up into the light. One fixes the madman’s traitorous companion with a maggoty smile. As the corpse closes on the victim, the house shudders, as if in birthing pain. Then the dull beat of footsteps echoes throughout the house.

Alice followed the edge of the Balcony to a room to the north. At long last her movement north came to an end, as she found herself in a dead-end. The new room had no other doors, but appeared to be a brightly lit room, surrounded in glass, for the growing of plants and flowers. The apparent Conservatory would be her last possible spot in her northward journey. As she entered the room however, it felt as a thousand bugs spilled out across her skin, under her clothes, and in her hair. She panicked, running around the room swatting herself until Alice realized it was just another illusion of the Manor. (Sanity Roll Failed, -1 Sanity)

Doug followed the south door out of the Creaky Hallway, finding a bit of a glassed in area, with a few plants, enjoying the sun. This Patio appeared initially peaceful, almost relaxing after the darkened corridors of the ground floor. A flash of sunlight and a breeze chilled the room, and before him, Doug saw three men hanging from frayed ropes. They stared at him with cold, dead eyes. The trio swung silently, then faded into dust that fell to the ground. Doug began to choke on the dust which then filled the air. (-1 Speed, -1 Might, -1 Sanity)

Despite the clutter, Dorian left the junk room fairly easily (Might roll succeeded). He headed south and found himself in a room lit by fires, and it became clear he was in the old Furnace room. Within he found a ranting and raving lunatic, who said to him, “Do you hear it? Under the floor, where I put them. My family.” The floor buckled and cracked and two corpses were illuminated by the furnace. The man grabbed Dorian from behind, and held him in place saying, “Mama and Papa, they’re looking to adopt.” That was the end of Dorian Peakes.

Ox went back into the Dusty Hallway and turned to the left. He somewhat regretted this decision as he entered into the Manor’s rather extensive Graveyard, the tombs and headstones faded and worn by time. Ox turned to see a man in groundskeeper clothing. He raised his shovel and charged Ox, and inches from Ox’s face, the man disappears, leaving muddy footprints and nothing more. Looking in the mud below where the groundskeeper had appeared from, Ox found what appears to have been the feather of an angel. (Ox gains an Angel Feather)

November, alerted by the rise of a zombie in the very room she was in, immediately fled to the south. She found herself in a room with various tables, covered surface to surface with games of all shapes and sizes. The floor a massive bear rug lay inert, but at least she was away from the zombie. Still, even in this empty room, she fancied she could hear a baby’s cry, lost and abandoned, or perhaps it was a scream. It may have been a crack of breaking glass, followed by silence. This set her on edge, and in a bit of a dire mood. (-1 Knowedge, -1 Sanity)

Seeing a zombie rise from the floorboards, John threw caution to the wind and ran back into the Collapsed Room. He moved quickly through the room, avoiding the chasm and took the door to the right (Speed check succeeded). He found a room that was deeply stained with blood on the floors and walls, signs of a once bitter struggle or, more likely, murder. Hinting at what may have happened here, John found a Sacrificial Dagger, stained with the blood leftover from unholy rituals. He pocketed the item, concerned about his need to defend himself. (John gains Sacrificial Dagger)

Map of the Manor

THE HAUNT IS REVEALED! Private messages will be sent out to all detailing how to win for both survivors and the newly minted madman, being played in this movie by inthesomeday.

Remember, all die have 6 sides, two with a value of 0, two with a value of 1, and two with a value of 2.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. Entering the Collapsed Room will require a Speed check of 5+ in a successful roll. Failing results in 1-die of Physical injury. Falling through the Collapsed Room leads to the Servant’s Quarters.
2. Once per game, ending your turn in the Library will gain your character 1 Knowledge.
3. A secret passage connects the Library to the Kitchen, and can be used as a movement.
4. Once per game, ending your turn in the Chapel will gain your character 1 Sanity
5. When leaving the Junk Room, you must do a Might roll of 3+. If failed, you lose 1 Speed.
6. If you end your turn in the Furnace room, you take one physical damage.
7. There is an unclaimed Holy Symbol in the Furnace Room.
8. When exiting, character must do a Sanity roll of 4+. If the roll is failed, the character will take 1 Knowledge damage, but still keep moving.

Move south of Creaky Hallways

Anyone want to place bets on who going to start the haunt? My money on inthesomeday. Every time I play the broadgame with friends it end up with the person with the little girl that start it (that or the crazy men omen).

Looks like you nailed it

Well :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) um.

COME ON YE ZOMBIE COME INTO THIS CONSERVATORY U ****

Use 1 movement to go north of the bloody room.

Withdrawing and ceding my slot to AA. I'm sorry but Ive missed 2 turns already. This just doesnt fit my schedule. Apologies for signing up.

Top Bottom