1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Grave, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Leif

Leif Prince

I believe the Modern Zulu worker to be bugged, they appear to be using several types of working tools, like a pick, a shovel and a broom at once.

2. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Glad you're enjoying it! :goodjob:

I love the BUG mod, it's such a fun little toy to play around with. :)

Look at the original post again, that will answe your question. This mod wasn't never designed for multi-player. I never play multi-player.

This is meant as a single player game only.

You seem to be the only person out of 1,000 people so far that has encountered this. I've never once ran into a problem with Religions not popping up as they should.

There never was a "Fundamentalism" civic in the BtS version.

Again, you seem to be the only person in the world having these problems. You probably didn't get Zoroastrainism because somebody else beat you to it.

Keep in mind: In the Religion screen, only the Religions that your civilization is exposed to will show up. The rest remain hidden until that faith spreads to your borders.

Hmmm... I just tried that... Hitler pops right up like every other leader. I even started a game and played two turns, nothing bad happened. :confused:

I don't know if it'll make a difference or not, but can you maybe post a screenshot right before the CTD?

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys that the Zulu workers are great multi-taskers. :lol:

Seriously though, I'll take a look at this. I may have assigned the incorrect KFM file.

3. Jasmo

Jasmo Chieftain

When I unzipped i got error messages on mongol and native american units. I tried to download aganin but the same thing happend. Horsemen on mongols. Bowmen and crossbowmen on native americans.

4. Grave

Post a screenshot of the error your getting.

5. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Ooooohhhh

The game works just fine in multiplayer!!! Except for Zoroastrianism, I really did found it, but it wouldnt show...

Very nice mod indeed!

6. AlexTheTall

AlexTheTall Chieftain

Little question, maybe it had been answered earlier but i wont read the 20 pages :p!

Will you add some new civics category? Like in ViSa?

7. AdarWasAMoron

AdarWasAMoron Chieftain

Grave,

Looking forward to playing HitM, but I've run into a problem. I can load the mod and enter into a new game with (apparently) no problems, but as soon as I command my settler to settle my first city (first turn of the game), Civ4 crashes to desktop. Any idea why?

I've installed the latest patch for Beyond the Sword, and downloaded HitM as well as the patch of the mod. Am I making a mistake in terms of which version I'm loading? For information's sake, I'm running Vista.

Thanks for your help!

8. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

Before I click on Hitler
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96305/before_crash.JPG
    After I click on Hitler
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96305/crash.JPG
    I had similar problems with some of the leaders from Final Frontier before I patched my game. If I selected certain leaders or met them during the game, the game would crash. I'm guessing it is a problem with particular leaderheads and my graphics card.

On a different note, playing as the dutch on noble-prince on normal speed, it seems like techs are coming way too fast. Even when trying to specialize my cities, after 150 or so turns, I have more buildings possible to build than I know what to do with.

9. AdarWasAMoron

AdarWasAMoron Chieftain

Grave, on further review the problem is not with History in the Making. Sorry about that, and keep up the good work.

10. Grave

Not like ViSa... but I have a neat concept for a new civic category. Once I feel comfortable with it, I'll add it to the game.

Glad you got it working! What was the problem?

That's really wierd. First thing I noticed was Frederick and Otto had backgrounds in their leaderhead icon. In my game, they don't. They're like the Hitler leaderhead: without a background.

I'll post a screenshot of what mine looks like later today and we'll compare notes.

Also, I never seen a pop-up window like that before. Is that from Vista or something?

It very well could be a graphics card issue... though I would have no idea why Hitler is giving you a CTD when no other leaderhead is. What vid card do you have?

11. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

I like this mod alot.. good work team. One question, is it possible to make the Ranged Bombardment to where your land units can inflict a little more damage during a bombardment? Not much, but you have to have like 7 cannons to take off half a point.

12. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

All of my leaderheads have backgrounds except hitler. The pop up window Is something I had enabled in the Civ iv config .ini to help another modder fix a crashing issue.

; Create a dump file if the application crashes
    GenerateCrashDumps = 1

I just haven't bothered to turn it off again.

Sadly, I still have the onboard NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400. It seems to work just fine as long as the display settings are set to the low end, I just can't see shaders. Maybe I'll get myself a vid card for Christmas.

13. Grave

Yeah, I want to find something to fix that issue. Even with Dale's Bombardment mod as a stand-alone, it barely does any damage. I have an idea to fix it, though.

Well, I have an NVIDIA video card, so that shouldn't be an issue (I think). Perhaps the shaders are what's making it crash.

Does Hirohito, Houston, Saddam, Solomon & David work correctly?

14. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

Some units graphics bugs
    1 - Inca maceman is missing the nif file it shows up as 3 red Hemispheres.
    2 - Some indian units (axemen) behave oddly in combat animations. Bodies are animated expectedly while heads keep floating in their original locations.

15. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Anything but Chieftain

I'm having the same problem with the Indian units, but it isn't happening for the axemen at all - it only occurs for the spearmen and swordsmen.

16. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

Hirohito, Houston, Saddam, Solomon & David work fine. Maybe I'll try redownloading and reinstalling the mod again.

17. Grave

There was a typo in the Art files for the Incan Maceman. It will be fixed in the next patch.

The Indian Axeman looks fine to me. He looks like might be fighting with a broken neck, but unless I zoomed all the way in during the fight, I could hardly even notice it. :lol:

Yes, the Spearman and Swordsman have issues. I'll look into fixing this.

18. AlexTheTall

AlexTheTall Chieftain

Alright good, because i really enjoy your mod, but i really like a lot of civics :)!

19. Zifnab

Zifnab Warlord

I changed the following:

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
    <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_HITLER</Type>
    <Button>Art/interface/Buttons/LeaderHeads/Hitler.dds</Button>
    <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon.nif</NIF>
    <KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Hirohito/Napoleon.kfm</KFM>
    <NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon_nonshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
    <BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
    </LeaderheadArtInfo>

to this:

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
    <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_HITLER</Type>
    <Button>Art/interface/Buttons/LeaderHeads/Hitler.dds</Button>
    <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon.nif</NIF>
    <KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon.kfm</KFM>
    <NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon_noshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
    <BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Hitler/napoleon_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
    </LeaderheadArtInfo>

and Hitler works as seen here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96305/it_works.JPG

20. Grave

Good eye, Zinfab! :goodjob:

I'll test this out myself and if all is good, I'll include this into the next patch!