[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

sorry again..but i haven t undertood how to make it compatible with other languages..............................

sorry again..but i haven t undertood how to make it compatible with other languages..............................

Basically, you would need to go into the HiTM Assets/XML/Text directory and translate all the <English> tabs to <French>, <German>, <Russian>, etc...

There is no shrine for Zoroastrianism.

Oh yes, there is! It's in the game... and a Prophet can build it.

Just tested it... it works. :)

Sadly I no longer have the original save but I just tried with the editor and I still can't built it.

Screenshot :

save here.

I use the version linked in the first post (just downloaded it) with latest BTS patch.

And you downloaded the latest HiTM patch from Post #2?

This issue was addressed in one of my patches, as the shrine couldn't be built in the original version.

I can't wait till i get BTS so I can play this

And you downloaded the latest HiTM patch from Post #2?

This issue was addressed in one of my patches, as the shrine couldn't be built in the original version.

This is it :p

I was wondering what that patch was, I thought it was included in the original download and was only for people who had a previous version so I didn't grab it.

Maybe you can tweak a little the first post cause it's somehow unclear that the latest patch is not included (for me at least :p).

I can't wait till i get BTS so I can play this

Well, go get it this weekend then! :D

hey grave does your mod have the revolutions content in it too ?

Not at this time, no. As time permits, I'll be looking into adding more mods. Hopefully soon. Real life will dictate how much time I have.

As it stands right now, I only have enough time to make small tweaks for the next patch (v0.04).

This is it :p

I was wondering what that patch was, I thought it was included in the original download and was only for people who had a previous version so I didn't grab it.

Maybe you can tweak a little the first post cause it's somehow unclear that the latest patch is not included (for me at least :p).

Attention to detail... attention to detail.... :mischief:

@Grave

I fixed the typo for the Inca maceman so I can keep going with the game. One note however is that the button used is the one of a warrior. It is a bit confusing. I think if no unique button is there using the regular maceman button will be less confusing.

With 3.03 Swordsmen upgrade to Armsmen. This is nice. But they still don't get obseleted when Armsmen are available. It is a minor issue as I prefer the build list to be less cluttered.

One question. Exactly how large is the planetary map? I think it is the largest random map in Civ4. It is fun to play though the end turn lag gets annoying quite early.

I am trying the Odyssey speed with a large map and it is really nice. I think other speeds may need a little tweaking to be as fun as the Odyssey speed.

:goodjob: Great work on this mod, I've actually had very little problems playing it thus far, which is surprising considering I have Vista. The only problem being installation, it was unzipped in another folder so when I uploaded it nothing happened. I fixed that though, I saw a previous post with the same issue. This is the first mod I've played with BtS, and, again, its very good.

First game, Hirohito, Hitler, Hussein, and Houston all put in and Monty and Genghis all around me... looks like a fun game:D

One question, at least right now... Why is Hitlers favourite religion Judaism?

EDIT: What does the info in the screenshot mean? It appeared after I lost a battle.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/107124/Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Can you make a mirror because Filefront is a slow website downloads... :(

I fixed the typo for the Inca maceman so I can keep going with the game. One note however is that the button used is the one of a warrior. It is a bit confusing. I think if no unique button is there using the regular maceman button will be less confusing.

I'll look into this.

With 3.03 Swordsmen upgrade to Armsmen. This is nice. But they still don't get obseleted when Armsmen are available. It is a minor issue as I prefer the build list to be less cluttered.

That is being addressed in the next patch.

One question. Exactly how large is the planetary map? I think it is the largest random map in Civ4. It is fun to play though the end turn lag gets annoying quite early.

I am trying the Odyssey speed with a large map and it is really nice. I think other speeds may need a little tweaking to be as fun as the Odyssey speed.

The Planetary map and Odyssey speeds are all done up by Carter. The size of the map is pretty friggin' huge, if I remembe correctly it's like 120x100 or something like that.

Eventually I'll be making a Carter's Earth version compatable with HiTM.

One question, at least right now... Why is Hitlers favourite religion Judaism?

It's a joke. :)

EDIT: What does the info in the screenshot mean? It appeared after I lost a battle.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/107124/Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

The red font? That is from the Tech Conquest mod. That should of been squashed in the v0.03 release.

Grave - will you be able to fix this?

I'll have to work this out with the BUG Mod team.

Hi Grave.

Great work on the mod so far... having a great time "testing" it... heheheh :D

Um, I know these two have been mentioned before, but they kinda relate to something different in each case...

1) The "Free Upgrade". Can you explain in game mechanics (although I'm not a modder) exactly how the Free Upgrade works? Obviously it's granted to units built in the city which houses the appropriate wonder, and gives the units built in that city the familiar orange-on-yellow arrow promotion. But what does it actually do for the unit it's granted to? I haven't seen it make any difference to the combat ratios for any of the units that have it as opposed to ones that don't. Does it give a 1st Strike Chance? 10% Strength? Random? It's just that during gameplay I'm not seeing the affects of it.

2) The Commando. I know eventually you want the Transport Helicopter to be able to transport Gunpowder units (currently as of .03 it's still only capable of Caravel/Sub transportation attributes ie GP, Missionaries etc). I'd like your opinion on the future of the Commando unit, as I think it's tied to whether or not the Transport Helicopter can be made to work... Not much good having a Commando Unit if you can't deploy it like a Commando unit would deploy... And if you give it Paradrop although one could argue you;d solve THAT problem, others may argue you'd risk making it a bit too powerful (although, kudos on not allowing it to kill/capture units/towns - nice bit of work that :) )

Anyway, just a couple of pointers. I know mods in the past have gotten the Transport Helicopter working as intended (TR team got it working, but that was for Warlords, which I hear in terms of modding is a VERY different kettle of fish, and I don't know enough about modding to challenge that one way or another)... and yeah, again, any additional info you can give about how the Free Upgrade actually affects combat and some dumbed down info on how it works during gameplay would be much appreciated...

Other than that, fine work indeed! With most mods I've ever played, as much fun as they've been, there's always been something missing. HiTM is quite possibly the first mod I've played where I actually find all the elements that I personally in a Civ game love to have! :)

My missus now views your mod as her number one competition for her affections... :goodjob:

Hey Grave, I just started playing your mod and think that you have done a great job, but I was wondering. On the Revolutions Modpack downloads thread, it says that Revolutions has been integrated with your mod. Yet I see no trace of it, and it doesn't appear to be on the "To Do" list included with your readme's. Are you planning on integrating Revolutions at some point in the future?

I only bring it up because both of your mods expand gameplay in substantially different but complimentary ways. I for one would very much like to see a mesh between the two instead of having to pick between one and the other.

Top Bottom