[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

it´s me or the HITMs AI is better than the vanilla BTS??
i´m at work right now, i cant wait to go back home and play with this mod... (maybe i must talk a little bit with my wife first... i need to explain to her, why i HITM maya civilization their unique unit ATL ATL is the best!!) their creative trait and agresive is a wonderful combination forme and you can found if not hinduismo at least zoroastrism...
What the top civilization for you HITM PLAYERS???
heil GRAVE!!!!

One thing I love more about HitM is that it is more about Game Play modding than anything else. Many comps that seems to be only small modifications of the game give considerable effects on the long run.

I always play on Odyssey speed, which I should say has been tweaked nicely by Grave while keeping its basic concept of more units and longer research times. With this speed it is quite difficult to out-pace the AI by one era in techs. Time will always beat you and the AI will catch up with you. War is more intensive and conquest is common place and the conquerors acquire techs they lack from captured cities. The AI expands fast and builds more units and goes into wars frequently.

In my last game on a standard terra map. 3 civs where done with by the end of the classical era. I took India first, Babylon took Israel before being finished itself by Korea. Before and after it was all war among the AI Khmer, China and Korea. I as the Dutch had my share of course. But no matter how I teched quickly. They kept catching up with me. Exchanging techs either by trade or conquest. And of course 3 dead civs left an ample space for all to expand and have large thriving empires.

Now the list of top civs is under revison for me. Financial leaders used to be overpowered IMO. I still think they are powerful enough. The commerce advantage for cottages was only delayed so it will kick in with hamlets on rivers and villages everywhere else. Coastal commerce can be regained as well if you make sure to build the Colossus. I will say that Wellem of the Netherlands is still my favorite. Creative is so powerful with the 50% faster building of wonders, and Financial as I outlined is not by any means weaker than it used to be. The Khmer leader is a close contender. He is creative and expansive. Faster settlers training can be important early on a tight map. Agg + Cre as you mentioned is quite dangerous. Well promoted troops are vital in war intensive game and Agg gets them faster especially that barb's xp limit was raised a little but enough. 10 xp gets non-aggressive troops to level 3 but it gets aggressive ones to level 4 imagine Axemen with Combat I + CR3 on your door.

Just did some investigating....I downloaded some Civs and some leaderheads. The custom civs I downloaded (Austria and Ireland) actually worked fine...The leaderheads showed up in the civopedia, but i could not play with them.

Higrave,
while you're probably working on v1.5 like we're all eagerly awaiting it! I have a little gift for you: the modular next war content!!! it loads it show ..... and then of course something goes wrong .... it crashes no error messages:confused: nothing
I'm puzzeled maybe you can help me (it for your mod ;) )if you can anytime to spare so we could all enjoy a game with your moth just a few turns longer!!!
Also if you need some help implementing the formations mod just need to ask did this already in some other mod for my own consider it a token of gratitude for all the wonderous hours your mod has given us!!! !
looking forward to 1.5!!!

Attachments

• HiTM Next War Content.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 124
For leader heads to be playable they should of course be assigned to civs. This happens in the CivilizationInfos file. Now the leader heads you downloaded sure came with their versions of this file. The problem however is that the civs are already in other files included with other modules you have now. In such case last data of each civ override the data before it. i.e. BTS reads module1 it has civ A with leaders X and Y. ok. BTS then reads module2 it has same civ A but with leader X only. Now leader Y is gone.

If you want your leader heads you need to merge them with Grave's module for UUs and UBs.

so I should stick to Civilizations...ok, that narrows down my search. Thank you.

Grave: I am using 1.04 and the Fairchild Republic building appears to me as violet.

Attachments

• fairchild.jpg
    fairchild.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 105
Grave,

I picked a random Civ (Scotland, which I know is in CivGold) that I could download here without installing CivGold or HITM (I'm at work) to see if I could easily make the Civ HITM compatible as you instructed. Doing a quick look at it, there seems to be 2 Schema files (CivilizationsSchema.xml, ArtdefinesSchema.xml) that are not in HITM (I could not find them anyway).

Now that I think about it, perhaps the CivGold people changed the files so that it would be easier to make it HITM compatible....I'll check it out when I get home from work.

@Edward The Big

- For modules schema files are required to be in the same folder as the xmls that reference them.
- AFAIK HitM doesn't add different tags to the civilization info schema so you don't need to change the two schema files you mentioned.
- Now, what needs changing is in case the civ module adds unique units. In this case there will be unitinfos schema file. This one is different from the one HitM uses (because of the additional tags from Dale's combat mod). What you need to do in such case is to copy the schema file from assets\xml\units in HitM to replace the one that comes with the module. Rename the file to match the name of the replaced one. That is all.
- Chances are that the module will add unique buildings as well but nothing needs to be done about those as there is no change for their schema file in HitM.

Interesting...Thank you

So all I need to do is change the UnitInfo Schema?

Also, can I still use the Unique Unit and Building module that is available with HITM?

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you still need to copy my HiTM Schema and put it into the module's folder. The reason why is because anything that relies on my Schema files will not work when you implement the new modular civilization. My Schemas don't remove any tags, they add them... so putting my Schema tags in the modular civ shouldn't affect anything with the civilization itself... however the reverse isn't the case.

Maybe once I release v1.5 I'll take a look at the Civ Gold civs and see if I can make them a entirely new HiTM compatible modular download. No promises, though. :p

Cool? :)

Grave, I was thinking this morning about a new possible tech, Photography, that might be placed in the industrial age, requiring (my best shot as of now) optics and chemistry. I thought it could perhaps boost :science: output of libraries, and be a prerequisite for television. (also for digital photography, with computers, but I'm not sure what it could provide... perhaps a culture bonus for mountains ? :))

Also, I understand that universities are to be built only if there is a library and it might make sense on some level... but really, I always thought it doesn't... Some universities have their own library, for instance.

Just my € 0.02!

I considered Photography myself but it's just too narrow at the civ scale. There was a lot of stuff like that at the time but putting the "presse-purée" as a tech will not make you any good. It will just save you little time until powder potatoes.

I actually thought about photography way back when, but decided against it because it was a little "too" redundant. What extra things would this tech offer?

i´m at work right now, i cant wait to go back home and play with this mod... (maybe i must talk a little bit with my wife first... i need to explain to her, why i HITM maya civilization their unique unit ATL ATL is the best!!) their creative trait and agresive is a wonderful combination forme and you can found if not hinduismo at least zoroastrism...
heil GRAVE!!!!

Alot of the SDK mods I added also modify the AI somewhat... Dale's Combat Mod especially.

As for my "top" civilzation... I always play as the Romans. Not only because I like Imp/Cre and Imp/Org... but Romans are cool. :cool:

Take Caligula for example... :lol:

One thing I love more about HitM is that it is more about Game Play modding than anything else. Many comps that seems to be only small modifications of the game give considerable effects on the long run.

I always play on Odyssey speed, which I should say has been tweaked nicely by Grave while keeping its basic concept of more units and longer research times. With this speed it is quite difficult to out-pace the AI by one era in techs. Time will always beat you and the AI will catch up with you. War is more intensive and conquest is common place and the conquerors acquire techs they lack from captured cities. The AI expands fast and builds more units and goes into wars frequently.

In my last game on a standard terra map. 3 civs where done with by the end of the classical era. I took India first, Babylon took Israel before being finished itself by Korea. Before and after it was all war among the AI Khmer, China and Korea. I as the Dutch had my share of course. But no matter how I teched quickly. They kept catching up with me. Exchanging techs either by trade or conquest. And of course 3 dead civs left an ample space for all to expand and have large thriving empires.

Now the list of top civs is under revison for me. Financial leaders used to be overpowered IMO. I still think they are powerful enough. The commerce advantage for cottages was only delayed so it will kick in with hamlets on rivers and villages everywhere else. Coastal commerce can be regained as well if you make sure to build the Colossus. I will say that Wellem of the Netherlands is still my favorite. Creative is so powerful with the 50% faster building of wonders, and Financial as I outlined is not by any means weaker than it used to be. The Khmer leader is a close contender. He is creative and expansive. Faster settlers training can be important early on a tight map. Agg + Cre as you mentioned is quite dangerous. Well promoted troops are vital in war intensive game and Agg gets them faster especially that barb's xp limit was raised a little but enough. 10 xp gets non-aggressive troops to level 3 but it gets aggressive ones to level 4 imagine Axemen with Combat I + CR3 on your door.

That sounds like a bad-ass game! Glad Odyssey is working out. I'm more of a Marathon man myself.

Just did some investigating....I downloaded some Civs and some leaderheads. The custom civs I downloaded (Austria and Ireland) actually worked fine...The leaderheads showed up in the civopedia, but i could not play with them.

Modular Leaderheads won't work. Like Kalimakhus said, they'll overwrite anything for that civilization that is stock in HiTM. The Modular civs should work just fine.

Higrave,
while you're probably working on v1.5 like we're all eagerly awaiting it! I have a little gift for you: the modular next war content!!! it loads it show ..... and then of course something goes wrong .... it crashes no error messages:confused: nothing
I'm puzzeled maybe you can help me (it for your mod ;) )if you can anytime to spare so we could all enjoy a game with your moth just a few turns longer!!!
Also if you need some help implementing the formations mod just need to ask did this already in some other mod for my own consider it a token of gratitude for all the wonderous hours your mod has given us!!! !
looking forward to 1.5!!!

A gift? For ME!?!? :eek:

Thanks! I'll take a look at this maybe this weekend and see why it's CTD'ing for you.

Grave: I am using 1.04 and the Fairchild Republic building appears to me as violet.

Interesting... I'll take a look at that.

**EDIT**

I checked out Fairchild both in the Pedia and game... it looks fine to me. I also checked the ArtDefines file and it's pointed to the right NIF.

Strange how that's doing that for you...

I actually thought about photography way back when, but decided against it because it was a little "too" redundant. What extra things would this tech offer?
I don't have anything specific in mind. I just felt that it could help the transition between printing press and television.

Any comments on my other suggestion, to take out the library prerequisite in order to build an university?

Another idea; what about a building "school", as a prereq for university? I suppose it could be made available with guilds. Again I do not have a definite idea on its bonuses. I guess science output and perhaps health or culture or GP points. It could get an increase of its bonuses with Democracy.

@Grave

If you are open to suggestions for new buildings I would suggest one or two that give health in classical through industrial eras. I think somehow managing health in HitM is more difficult. Once again I judge based on playing on odyssey all the time. Might not be the case with other speeds.

By the way, you should try odyssey sometime. Being a marathon player means you're gonna love it big time.

Grave

How I costumize HitM earth map?

I wanna more civilizations, america need more civ in my opinion and i wanna choose any civilization to play, not just few.

heil GRAVE!!!!

I myself love Israel...maybe because its neat for me to see cities Ive read about all my life. Ive also like David, and wonder what it must have been to be him...quite a up, down, up, down, life he lead...Solomon to me is also awesome...Before Israel though...I found myself playing Darius alot...as I really like his traits which I then combined with Rome due to their neat replacement for the market.

Hi Grave,
hope you like your gift ;)
I was playing a oddesy game yesterday and I had the impression the the tech pace was a little fast being in the industrial age at 500ad it since it I was not the topdog in the game nor had a much leverage such as e few holy shrines I was roman dough maybe the UB is a bit overpowered or the tech cost is just a little low on oddesey! One option would be adding a few bonus tech to get the pace down but as your moto is Quality over quantity (wich is a great moto for a modmaker by the way) that probably won't be happening!

Here's the difference between Odyssey and Marathon:-
Code:
<GameSpeedInfos>
		<GameSpeedInfo>
			<Type>GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY_HELP</Help>
			<iGrowthPercent>150</iGrowthPercent>
			<iTrainPercent>150</iTrainPercent>
			<iConstructPercent>150</iConstructPercent>
			<iCreatePercent>150</iCreatePercent>
			<iResearchPercent>500</iResearchPercent>
			<iBuildPercent>150</iBuildPercent>
			<iImprovementPercent>150</iImprovementPercent>
			<iGreatPeoplePercent>150</iGreatPeoplePercent>
			<iCulturePercent>300</iCulturePercent>
			<iAnarchyPercent>200</iAnarchyPercent>
			<iBarbPercent>400</iBarbPercent>
			<iFeatureProductionPercent>150</iFeatureProductionPercent>
			<iUnitDiscoverPercent>150</iUnitDiscoverPercent>
			<iUnitHurryPercent>150</iUnitHurryPercent>
			<iUnitTradePercent>150</iUnitTradePercent>
			<iUnitGreatWorkPercent>150</iUnitGreatWorkPercent>
			<iGoldenAgePercent>125</iGoldenAgePercent>
			<iHurryPercent>66</iHurryPercent>
			<iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>150</iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>
			<iInflationPercent>10</iInflationPercent>
			<iInflationOffset>-225</iInflationOffset>
			<iVictoryDelayPercent>300</iVictoryDelayPercent>
			<iPillageCommercePercent>100</iPillageCommercePercent>
			<GameTurnInfos>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>180</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>100</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>120</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>300</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>60</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>170</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>24</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>201</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>12</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>129</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>6</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>180</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>3</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>264</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>1</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>156</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>
			</GameTurnInfos>
		</GameSpeedInfo>
		<GameSpeedInfo>
			<Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON_HELP</Help>
			<iGrowthPercent>300</iGrowthPercent>
			<iTrainPercent>200</iTrainPercent>
			<iConstructPercent>300</iConstructPercent>
			<iCreatePercent>300</iCreatePercent>
			<iResearchPercent>300</iResearchPercent>
			<iBuildPercent>300</iBuildPercent>
			<iImprovementPercent>300</iImprovementPercent>
			<iGreatPeoplePercent>300</iGreatPeoplePercent>
			<iFeatureProductionPercent>300</iFeatureProductionPercent>
			<iUnitDiscoverPercent>300</iUnitDiscoverPercent>
			<iUnitHurryPercent>300</iUnitHurryPercent>
			<iUnitTradePercent>300</iUnitTradePercent>
			<iUnitGreatWorkPercent>300</iUnitGreatWorkPercent>
			<iGoldenAgePercent>200</iGoldenAgePercent>
			<iHurryPercent>33</iHurryPercent>
			<iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>300</iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>
			<iInflationPercent>15</iInflationPercent>
			<iInflationOffset>-200</iInflationOffset>
			<GameTurnInfos>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
			</GameTurnInfos>
		</GameSpeedInfo>
		<GameSpeedInfo>

OD had exactly the same amount of turns as Marath, but only half the build, growth, work troop construct rates. Even though it has 5/3 * the research time, all these other factors are going to eventually mean that tech is after a certain point, propelled forward faster than on marathon. Especially on larger maps, this will mean eras being reached much earlier.

If you want a "true" Odyessy speed, you need to start with more turns and longer build/train/work rates to start with. Then you need to rebalance barbarian emergence, then you need to tweak about a thousand other things, believe me I once made a "long research marathon version of the game" ;)

Its a massive amount of work to balance properly.BUT since I've never played ODY speed, Im only estimating on my previous marathon altering experience. Small changes often tend to have a "butterfly effect" with something as logarithmic in its growth, and as complicated as CIv IV...its a minor miracle something as modded as HiTM works as well as it does, Kudos to Grave :)

I liked Russia with Caterine.

Good with military units and civ wonders. Build Zeus statue and anothers, its more easy get great general and makes more war unhappyness in the enemy.

I liked so much russian aircraft skin, like Su-35 and MiG-29 to interceptor and strike jet.

Another civ a i like to play is Holy Roman!

Just asking, the mod is great thats for sure! I'm a noob to modding so I didn't have any idea how complex this was! indeed congrants to grave for such a balanced speed(and mod of course)! so what you are saying is that the easiest option is to add more tech so the pace goes down?
I'm a big fan of oddesey since I personally think it's the best representation of what real history is like research times always were a lot longer then the time that was needed to construct a building!
I saw a intresting unit in the modcomps section
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261309
check it out ;)

Any comments on my other suggestion, to take out the library prerequisite in order to build an university?

Another idea; what about a building "school", as a prereq for university? I suppose it could be made available with guilds. Again I do not have a definite idea on its bonuses. I guess science output and perhaps health or culture or GP points. It could get an increase of its bonuses with Democracy.

I think I'm going to leave the library as a PreReqBuilding for University as is. I think a school would create too much "clutter", meaning: We already have a library, why a school? Too many science buildings would unbalance.

@Grave

If you are open to suggestions for new buildings I would suggest one or two that give health in classical through industrial eras. I think somehow managing health in HitM is more difficult. Once again I judge based on playing on odyssey all the time. Might not be the case with other speeds.

By the way, you should try odyssey sometime. Being a marathon player means you're gonna love it big time.

Now, ancient health buildings would be nice. Aqueduct is the only one I can think of.

Give me some ideas for this...

Grave

How I costumize HitM earth map?

I wanna more civilizations, america need more civ in my opinion and i wanna choose any civilization to play, not just few.

Here's the difference between Odyssey and Marathon:-
Code:
<GameSpeedInfos>
		<GameSpeedInfo>
			<Type>GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_ODYSSEY_HELP</Help>
			<iGrowthPercent>150</iGrowthPercent>
			<iTrainPercent>150</iTrainPercent>
			<iConstructPercent>150</iConstructPercent>
			<iCreatePercent>150</iCreatePercent>
			<iResearchPercent>500</iResearchPercent>
			<iBuildPercent>150</iBuildPercent>
			<iImprovementPercent>150</iImprovementPercent>
			<iGreatPeoplePercent>150</iGreatPeoplePercent>
			<iFeatureProductionPercent>150</iFeatureProductionPercent>
			<iUnitDiscoverPercent>150</iUnitDiscoverPercent>
			<iUnitHurryPercent>150</iUnitHurryPercent>
			<iUnitTradePercent>150</iUnitTradePercent>
			<iUnitGreatWorkPercent>150</iUnitGreatWorkPercent>
			<iGoldenAgePercent>125</iGoldenAgePercent>
			<iHurryPercent>66</iHurryPercent>
			<iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>150</iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>
			<iInflationPercent>10</iInflationPercent>
			<iInflationOffset>-225</iInflationOffset>
			<GameTurnInfos>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
			</GameTurnInfos>
		</GameSpeedInfo>
		<GameSpeedInfo>
			<Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON_HELP</Help>
			<iGrowthPercent>300</iGrowthPercent>
			<iTrainPercent>200</iTrainPercent>
			<iConstructPercent>300</iConstructPercent>
			<iCreatePercent>300</iCreatePercent>
			<iResearchPercent>300</iResearchPercent>
			<iBuildPercent>300</iBuildPercent>
			<iImprovementPercent>300</iImprovementPercent>
			<iGreatPeoplePercent>300</iGreatPeoplePercent>
			<iFeatureProductionPercent>300</iFeatureProductionPercent>
			<iUnitDiscoverPercent>300</iUnitDiscoverPercent>
			<iUnitHurryPercent>300</iUnitHurryPercent>
			<iUnitTradePercent>300</iUnitTradePercent>
			<iUnitGreatWorkPercent>300</iUnitGreatWorkPercent>
			<iGoldenAgePercent>200</iGoldenAgePercent>
			<iHurryPercent>33</iHurryPercent>
			<iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>300</iHurryConscriptAngerPercent>
			<iInflationPercent>15</iInflationPercent>
			<iInflationOffset>-200</iInflationOffset>
			<GameTurnInfos>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
				<GameTurnInfo>
				</GameTurnInfo>
			</GameTurnInfos>
		</GameSpeedInfo>
		<GameSpeedInfo>

OD had exactly the same amount of turns as Marath, but only half the build, growth, work troop construct rates. Even though it has 5/3 * the research time, all these other factors are going to eventually mean that tech is after a certain point, propelled forward faster than on marathon. Especially on larger maps, this will mean eras being reached much earlier.

If you want a "true" Odyessy speed, you need to start with more turns and longer build/train/work rates to start with. Then you need to rebalance barbarian emergence, then you need to tweak about a thousand other things, believe me I once made a "long research marathon version of the game" ;)

Its a massive amount of work to balance properly.BUT since I've never played ODY speed, Im only estimating on my previous marathon altering experience. Small changes often tend to have a "butterfly effect" with something as logarithmic in its growth, and as complicated as CIv IV...its a minor miracle something as modded as HiTM works as well as it does, Kudos to Grave :)

Well, I could further adjust Odyssey mathmatically... just take how much longer the game is vs. marathon, then multiply marathon by that difference, and you should have a slower game with all the right balances. Then further tweak if from there if need be.

Since I'm not a true Odyssey player, could somebody who plays this level alot try this mathematical process out?

I saw a intresting unit in the modcomps section
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261309
check it out ;)

Hmmm.....

Starting Stats
  • National Unit (15 Allowed) (5 Allowed)
  • Invisible to most Units
  • Can see Special Forces
  • Better results from Tribal Huts
  • Can explore rival territory
  • Immune to First Strikes
  • Ignores terrain movement cost
  • 30% Chance to Withdraw from Combat
  • +20% vs Gunpowder units
  • -15% vs Armored units
  • Bombard (5% per turn)
  • Starts with Combat I, Blitz
  • Can evade Interception (25% Chance)
  • Can Halo Jump (Range=7)
  • 24 Strength
  • 2 Movement

Looks alot like the Special Forces unit I made for HiTM several months ago. :hmm:

I have since made some signifigant changes to my Special Forces units... so they are a little bit different than they were before. They will debut in HiTM v1.5

Combat I gives immediate diversity as soon as they are trained (Starting in a Military Academy gives the immediate option for medic/combat/first strike if you have a Barracks). Blitz sticks with the idea of "hard and fast", to simulate the ability to ambush troops and immediately assault several targets.

Because SF are not full-combat, and most notably not Anti-Tank, they're weakened against Armor. They specialize against gunpowder units. These are subject to change, as they are further tested.[/SPOILER]

Requirements
  • Building: Military Academy (In the city)
  • Technology: Industrialism
  • Technology: Rifling
  • Technology: Rocketry
  • Technology: Flight

I had my Special Forces unit already require a Military Academy... but didn't like that... so for v1.5 I created a new building that the Special Forces unit will require. I think it makes more sense.

I think I like my SF unit a little better. :)

Not exactly health-tailored but the Romans had bath houses for personal hygiene. That in turn leads to a better health.

Woehoew!! great news! hope he didn't steal your idea ! that would suck!any idea when you will be releasing 1.5?

Top Bottom