[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

the patch is working great in the industial era and no probs

Hi Grave,

I've read you were out for a while but I hope you'll be able to help me when you're back.
:(
I installed recently your mod with the last patch, but when loading it I get the standard Warlords version (the normal entry screen,with just "History in the making" written on the top/right of the screen). Besides, it is just std Warlords when I look at Civilopedia.

Mod is installed under C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods and I have all the directories (assets / art, python, res, sounds, XML and CvGameCoreDLL.dll). I have also 16 ini files under Mods/History in the Making.

Really don't understand what's getting wrong. I have a french version (but play in english) and french XP OS.

Any suggestion welcome cause this mod looks terrific.

Thanks.;)

someone instructed that before... you got to do something with the profile thing. I kinda hate the immigrant mod a bit cause It causes so much lag. I need to upgrade my computer soon so that I can reactive it, plus I wish there was someone with good modeling skills to make them look ethical and transform every era. Ancient people Walk, Medieval uses Horse, Renaissance Uses Wagons, Industrial use Model-Ts, Modern uses Dodge Trucks...

I can't use hitler in my game. anytime I click on him, for example when choosing a starting civ, I choose germany and as soon as a click hitler the game crashes to desktop.

Also, most of the unit graphics say "Unit Flavor"

Any reason why this may be happening?

Hi guys,

Well, I found myself able to squeeze a couple minutes on a dial-up computer to check the forums. :)

While I currently do not have access to any HITM files, I can try and answer your questions in the meantime. I should be back home in about a week, at which time I'll start work on Patch 1d. :king:

just waiting for some lag to reduce...

Hopefully with the BTS release, some of your lag issues will be reduced. While researching some of the changes BTS is going to do to Civ4 itself, a few mods that I've incorporated into HITM will be rendered obsolete. Plus, I'll be removing some Modcomps that are affecting gameplay, or just aren't performing up to specs. I'll probably be removing Immigration all together. While the theory sounds good on paper, in gameplay it just doesn't make the game that enjoyable (at least to me). That should make many of you happy. :)

Is there any way to turn immigration off or reduce the amount. I cant keep anyone in my towns.

See this post. This question is also posted on the Q&A Post, which is post #3 of this thread.

I can't use hitler in my game. anytime I click on him, for example when choosing a starting civ, I choose germany and as soon as a click hitler the game crashes to desktop.

Also, most of the unit graphics say "Unit Flavor"

Any reason why this may be happening?

About Hitler:

That sound like maybe I fat-fingered something in the XML somewhere.

I've had games where Hitler was an AI leader, and he came up fine. I'll look into this when I get home. It should be an easy fix, but I won't know 100% until I take a look at the files.

About the "Unit Flavor" icons.

That was something I did early in development. I created that bland icon you see so I can distinguish the "flavor" units from original units when in WorldBuilder. The downside to that was once I made hundreds of Flavor units, it kind of makes figuring out which unit the Flavor unit is... confusing. You could say this is a classic example of the "snowball" effect.

This should be remedied with the release of BTS, because it seems BTS will allow you to assign various civ-specific graphics to the vanilla units, which will eliminate the need for having all the "unique" Flavor units. I hope, anyway.

one of the christainity cathedrals with no icon crashes the game after it's completed.

Damn! :mad:

Again, that sounds like maybe I fat-fingered something in the XML. This should be an easy fix, too, as I've fixed a couple of these types of issues in the past. I just may of missed this one.

Which Cathedral is causing the CTD?

Hi Grave,

I installed recently your mod with the last patch, but when loading it I get the standard Warlords version (the normal entry screen,with just "History in the making" written on the top/right of the screen). Besides, it is just std Warlords when I look at Civilopedia.

Mod is installed under C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods and I have all the directories (assets / art, python, res, sounds, XML and CvGameCoreDLL.dll). I have also 16 ini files under Mods/History in the Making.

Really don't understand what's getting wrong. I have a french version (but play in english) and french XP OS.

Hmm... I'm not sure what is causing this problem. You have the mod installed in the correct directory from what I can see.

There was a fellow a few weeks back who had a Japanese version of Civ4 and he was experiencing similiar problems. I'm not sure if the international versions of Civ4 are affecting this or not, as the only people who are having this problem are people with other-language based versions of Civ4. :(

I wish there was someone with good modeling skills to make them look ethical and transform every era. Ancient people Walk, Medieval uses Horse, Renaissance Uses Wagons, Industrial use Model-Ts, Modern uses Dodge Trucks...

Well, that is possible in XML. You can assign units Early, Middle and Late era graphics (like the Great People have). You can do this with any unit in the game. Take a look in CvUnitInfos.xml, under any of the Great People to see what I'm talking about.

Ok, I'm out for now. As always... keep the bug reports and gameplay improvements/balancing issues coming. I enjoy reading them, because they'll help me make HITM an even beter product.

(plus it tells me people are at least playing it!) :lol:

Later,

Grave

that cathedral that crashes and have no icon will be the St.Stephen cathedral.
and that idea about the different type of people and ethical looks, When I listed that Ancient people walk, Medieval use Horse, and so forth, I ment a Improvement of immigration.

let me start off by saying this is the best mod ive played by far love to see hitler and hussain added nice touch. but was wondering if you could ad atleast 1 modern british unite as all you have gave them are early unites what you do not use in late stages. exe british challenger tank or tornado or 1 i would love to see is S.A.S unit. please reply as it would just polish this game off. i wowuld like to help anyway i could i could fund you for making them units.

I loaded up a game, me being Hitler and I didn't receive any CTD. :confused: I tried it several times, and each time I was able to play the game with Hitler. I don't know why this would be happening to you, but I can't reproduce it. :(

that cathedral that crashes and have no icon will be the St.Stephen cathedral.

Fixed. :cool:

Just as I figured, it was a stupid XML typo I made.

and that idea about the different type of people and ethical looks, When I listed that Ancient people walk, Medieval use Horse, and so forth, I ment a Improvement of immigration.

Yes, you can still do this in XML. The "Immigrant" itself is a unit listed in the XML. Once you find him, you can change his Early, Middle and Late ArtDefine tags like I described a few posts above.

Put you on the Warlords MOD list, thx for contributing!!

Cool! :goodjob:

let me start off by saying this is the best mod ive played by far love to see hitler and hussain added nice touch. but was wondering if you could ad atleast 1 modern british unite as all you have gave them are early unites what you do not use in late stages. exe british challenger tank or tornado or 1 i would love to see is S.A.S unit. please reply as it would just polish this game off. i wowuld like to help anyway i could i could fund you for making them units.

Well, I appreciate the monetary offerings... but I do this for free. :D

The British do have one Modern Era UU, it's the Churchill Tank.

** UPDATE **

Patch 1d is released. The only thing it really fixes is the CTD that St. Stephen's Cathedral caused. It's a very, very minor update... but an update none-the-less.

This will probably be the last patch before the BTS release, but still... if you come across any bugs, please let me know and I'll fix them for the BTS release!

is this mod compatible with 2.13?

I've been kinda out of the Civ-loop for about a month... so I wasn't aware there was a 2.13 patch out for Warlords. :blush:

So no... this is 2.08 compatable only. I have no plans on making it 2.13 compatable, since BtS will be released in a couple days, at which time I'll start working on the migration to the new expansion pack.

** UPDATE **

During my lunch break today, I picked up Beyond the Sword. I have Thursday and Friday off at work... so now it's time to start the migration of History in the Making to Beyond the Sword! :)

I've been doing some massive brainstorming at work this morning, and I have half of the new UU's for the BtS Civ's all sorted out. I'm also working on 2UB for each Civ, which will be a gradual work in progress until I can get every Civ with 2UB.

Time to browse the BtS Civopedia before heading back to work... more to come!!!! :D

well tommarrow I'm going to get BtS, and I got a single question for you, how long will it take for your mod to be converted to beyond the sword? a month? 2 weeks?

well tommarrow I'm going to get BtS, and I got a single question for you, how long will it take for your mod to be converted to beyond the sword? a month? 2 weeks?

It's hard to say. There is alot of stuff that needs changed over. It won't be something that can be done overnight or a couple days, that's for sure. On the flip side, I don't want to create a timetable either. I'll try and get as much done as I can, as fast as I can, without cutting corners.

I'll keep this thread up to date as I complete things. :goodjob:

re ! i'm very happy that the game come to BTS :)

I propose that you implement nations trade unions like NAFTA, European Union, South East Asia Trade Agrement, MERCOSUR ou South American Trade Agreement. :crazyeye:

You should add a new victory like economic victory. :crazyeye:

It there a bts scenario called "the old of gods" where you have ancient mesopotamian deities, why not include ancient religions ?

Yes i'm very passionned witth your mod :goodjob:

have anyone tryied the mod under multiplayer?

I've never tried this in multiplayer. I'm not sure even how it would even play out. It's geared mainly for single-player use. :)

I propose that you implement nations trade unions like NAFTA, European Union, South East Asia Trade Agrement, MERCOSUR ou South American Trade Agreement. :crazyeye:

That's an interesting thought... but how would you implement it in the game without throwing things out of balance, or making it too tedious?

You should add a new victory like economic victory. :crazyeye:

That's also a good idea.... actually that gives me an idea that I'll look into while migrating. :goodjob:

It there a bts scenario called "the old of gods" where you have ancient mesopotamian deities, why not include ancient religions ?

Well, I do have Ancient Religions coded, but I have them "disabled" for the time being because several additional Religions was unbalancing the game for me. I haven't mucked about with the Gods of Old mod too much, maybe this weekend I'll take a look at it and see what I can use.

Yes i'm very passionned witth your mod :goodjob:

Well, thank you. :) I try to provide a good product! :lol:

Hi Grave ! . I'm impress your mod very much and very happy when it will be converted to BTS
And I have some request

Can you add more corporation , especially a corporation that used a resource from plantation ?.I wonder why don't have a corporation that some resource from it like textile industry that use silk

Top Bottom