[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Hi Grave ! . I'm impress your mod very much and very happy when it will be converted to BTS
And I have some request

Can you add more corporation , especially a corporation that used a resource from plantation ?.I wonder why don't have a corporation that some resource from it like textile industry that use silk

I plan on adding a few corporations to the BtS version when the time comes. Mainly, I want to utilize some of the new resources I put into the game. So yes, that will happen.

But first I gotta work on this SDK, which... quite honestly... it rather a pain in the ass. :cry:

ok, i got beyond the sword, and now download some of the bluemarble 3.0 terrain in it to improve the looks. I be waiting for your mod to come out for beyond the sword, and I also got some other mods waiting for conversion like Fall From Heaven.

Help!

I am from China and use Chinese edition of Winxp.I love this mod because of its fantastic characteristics and I wanna have a try. Unfortunately, when I load the mod. I think I meet XML error. How to solve it?

Help!

I am from China and use Chinese edition of Winxp.I love this mod because of its fantastic characteristics and I wanna have a try. Unfortunately, when I load the mod. I think I meet XML error. How to solve it?

Well, I assume you downloaded the current patch in Post #2 as well?

It seems like some international users are having problems loading History in the Making. It seems to be happening to international versions. Once person from France and one person from Japan were having similiar issues.

As I only have the U.S. English version, I have no idea why international/other-than-English versions aren't working. :(

** UPDATE **

Well, as you can see by my growing signature, I'm on a mission to convert as many Warlords mods as possible over to BtS. While I'm no SDK pro, I've been able to convert some of the more simple mods over with minimal effort. However, some of the mods that I need converted are beyond my scope, so I just do what I can.

So that is where I stand right now with this.

Well, I assume you downloaded the current patch in Post #2 as well?

It seems like some international users are having problems loading History in the Making. It seems to be happening to international versions. Once person from France and one person from Japan were having similiar issues.

As I only have the U.S. English version, I have no idea why international/other-than-English versions aren't working. :(

** UPDATE **

Well, as you can see by my growing signature, I'm on a mission to convert as many Warlords mods as possible over to BtS. While I'm no SDK pro, I've been able to convert some of the more simple mods over with minimal effort. However, some of the mods that I need converted are beyond my scope, so I just do what I can.

So that is where I stand right now with this.

Thanks anyway!

I can discribe the error in detail as follows, which is benefit to your mods' diffusion in the world.

When I loaded the mod, an error message jumped out.
The message told me an xml error occured in the file "CIV4Unitinfos.xml". The location of the error in the file was "Line 66870, " And I was told that the ending </UniqueNames> mismatched with the opening code.

I opened the xml file with Notepad. Actually, I find some characters could not be displayed correctly.Beside these, I find nothing mistakes, specificly in Line 66870.

I met the same question in Warloads and the error was fixed after I installed 2.08 update package.

I hope international users can enjoy your excellent mods. I expect later version can fix the error, if you have enough time to fix it.

Thanks again!

When I loaded the mod, an error message jumped out.
The message told me an xml error occured in the file "CIV4Unitinfos.xml". The location of the error in the file was "Line 66870, " And I was told that the ending </UniqueNames> mismatched with the opening code.

I opened the xml file with Notepad. Actually, I find some characters could not be displayed correctly.Beside these, I find nothing mistakes, specificly in Line 66870.

Well, this is what that area of XML looks like:

Code:
		<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_SCIENTIST</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_FRENCH_SCIENTIST</Type>
			<UniqueNames>
				<UniqueName>Louis Pasteur</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Rene Descartes</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Marie Curie</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Antoine Lavoisier</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Pierre-Simon Laplace</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Pierre de Fermat</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Joseph Fourier</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Henri Poincaré</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Joseph Louis Lagrange</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Antoine Henri Becquerel</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Louis de Broglie</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Jean Baptiste Perrin</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Alexis de Tocqueville</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Alexandre-Emile Béguyer de Chancourtois</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Claude Levi-Strauss</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Benoit Mandelbrot</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Frédéric Joliot</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Jean Baptiste Biot</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Joseph Louis Proust</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Augustin Louis Cauchy</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Gaspard Coriolis</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Jean Baptiste Lamarck</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Rene-Just Hauy</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Georges Cuvier</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Pierre Louis Dulong</UniqueName>
				<UniqueName>Augustin Jean Fresnel</UniqueName>
			</UniqueNames>

I don't see anything wrong with it? :confused:

Again, it might be because you're using a Chinese version of XP/Civ4. Maybe the characters don't show up as they should... I can't say for certain. :(

Keep in mind History in the Making is not compatable with the latest Warlords patch. It's only v2.08 compatable. I stopped updating this Warlords version of HiTM so I can work on the BtS version, as well as the World of Civilization project.

Hehe i can't wait for the BtS neither. I now that's a lot of work. I really know.
O_o?
But looks GREAT AND WE WANT TO GIVE IT A GO!
Mhh good work

Hehe i can't wait for the BtS neither. I now that's a lot of work. I really know.
O_o?
But looks GREAT AND WE WANT TO GIVE IT A GO!
Mhh good work

Well, maybe if I can get what I feel are the "absolute essensial" mods working in BtS, I may release a "Lite" version, and as more mods become available in BtS I'll release a patch updating the mod.

Believe me, I want to play this in BtS, too! :lol:

DarkeDone, ya have to cut us some slack here... Most of us are teaming up to learn and get stuff converted.... and we do do this for the hell of it and fun.

BTS is pretty new and most of us are just getting the hang of it...
Its a pretty big beast...

The FileFront download link redirects me to the FileFront main page. Could you upload it to CivFanatics?

The FileFront download link redirects me to the FileFront main page. Could you upload it to CivFanatics?

F#$%!#& FileFront!!!!!!!!! :mad:

This will be like the 3rd time I'll have to upload it (again). I would love to upload it to CivFanatics, but it's too big. The patch however, is hosted on CivFanatics.

Keep in mind HiTM is for Warlords 2.08 only. No plans for a 2.13 version.

The main download link is fixed.

** UPDATE **

BtS Progress Report:

- The Tech Tree is finished
- Resources are finished
- Tile Improvements are finished

See Post #4 for details.

I'm working on the Buildings now... hopefully done with that by the end of the week. After that, new Civs and Units....

... more to come. She's coming together, slowly but surely. ;)

:cool:

Grave, I believe you can upload to CivFanatics if you get special permission from Thunderfall. Failing that, and if FileFront gives you more trouble, contact Ball Lightning about hosting it on CivUnited. They do have 3 GB of space there per mod. :lol:

Grave, I believe you can upload to CivFanatics if you get special permission from Thunderfall. Failing that, and if FileFront gives you more trouble, contact Ball Lightning about hosting it on CivUnited. They do have 3 GB of space there per mod. :lol:

Yeah, I may look into those options. I don't plan on releaseing the BtS version on FileFront anymore, too many headaches! :crazyeye:

Just another update while I'm on here... Buildings are going smoothly. Just finishing up the Wonders. Hopefully I can work on the Units by this weekend.

Great mod! However, is there any way to remove Hitler's second armband? Having two just looks stupid.

Top Bottom