[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Can anyone possibly help me get this mod to work for GOld Edition?

Getting the Gold Edition to work is a pain in the butt. I get couldn't HiTM to install with the standard install of Gold Edition because the mod requires it be in the actual mod file under the programs directory and the way gold installs, for some stupid reason, it doesn't create these folders and the only mods folder you'll get is under My Documents. I actually had to reinstall Gold Edition and custom install it to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4(which then for some reason creates all the right folders and directories) then install BTS and HiTM as per the install directions. Big pain in the butt.

Ah, ty mate, ill try, but doesnt gold edition have BTS with it, how can you install it after you installed civ 4 normally???
Ok, re-installed to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilzation 4 and its got BTS folder and warlords attached, this is ok right, cause I couldnt find any INSTALLDIR, even searched and it couldnt find it
Update: Tried the new stuff but it didnt work, still like before with no surrounding UI and I cant find the damn INSTALLDIR anywhere :(

Sorry guys, I have no experience with CIV GOLD whatsoever. I'd suggest maybe just making your own "mods" folder within BTS (i.e. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilzation 4\BeyondThe Sword\Mods) and installing HiTM to there, but there will most likely be different registry entries (from "standard" BTS)which will mess things up....

Thanks for the new links
DL and will soon get going.

Million of thanks of course

No probs, glad they work :thumbsup:

ITTTTT WORRRRRKKKKSSSS!!!!!!!
Hoooray! I think that I should thank Azzer alot, it was registry keys, hoorah!!!

Hi guys!

I have problem while loading saved game. Game crashes:

Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 3.0.0.1
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 46f40a72
Nazwa modułu z błędem: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Wersja modułu z błędem: 3.0.0.1
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 46f40a72
Kod wyjątku: c0000005
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 0057ab67
Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych: 1045
Dodatkowe informacje 1: 7e0c
Dodatkowe informacje 2: c2fc18ab6b7a82ea25ebda1928fd9ac4
Dodatkowe informacje 3: c15e
Dodatkowe informacje 4: 37a4a6293f58f841666f51695827f8eb

What can I do ? It only happenes in this mod. Version 1.54
I have normal Civ4 + Beyond the Sword

Guys is this normal mod main screen? Or it should look different?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 69
Now I standout as an idiot to be sure.
BUT BUT

it says 4-500 new units, and surely I find them in Civilpedia like F-16 Sufa, B-52, Gunships and so on.
BUT looking into the XML files I find references to many DDS-files that I just can´t find anywhere within this mod.

PLease direct this idiot to the correct place (not the one with the white jacket you know), but where I could find these added units graphic files like the good old days of Civ3. Hm I do find them in Mods like Road to War, Rise of Mankind BUT not this one.

HELP

Now I standout as an idiot to be sure.
BUT BUT

it says 4-500 new units, and surely I find them in Civilpedia like F-16 Sufa, B-52, Gunships and so on.
BUT looking into the XML files I find references to many DDS-files that I just can´t find anywhere within this mod.

PLease direct this idiot to the correct place (not the one with the white jacket you know), but where I could find these added units graphic files like the good old days of Civ3. Hm I do find them in Mods like Road to War, Rise of Mankind BUT not this one.

HELP

They are packed in the fpk files in the assets folder of the mod. To get to individual graphics you need the fpk tool. Look it up in the reference, tutorials, and tools section of the forums.

Thanks mate
so if I add or replace I can just put them "normally" in the correct folder and leaving the 4-500 alone in the fpk-file.

I hope that my version will then "overwrite" the one in the mod-fbk file and add correctly if I find a new unit that have clear function

I still have millions of pages to read in Civ4 to grasp the whole new stuff.
Getting forward slowly thanks to the fine asnwers and super articles

I suppose this mod doesn't like Windows Vista. After taking a long time to initialize, the game crashes when my settler tries to build a new city. :(

I suppose this mod doesn't like Windows Vista. After taking a long time to initialize, the game crashes when my settler tries to build a new city. :(

What does the mod has to Vista? If Civ4 BtS runs on Vista ok, mod should do the same.
There must be some errors/bugs in the mod.

Anybody?

Thanks mate
so if I add or replace I can just put them "normally" in the correct folder and leaving the 4-500 alone in the fpk-file.

I hope that my version will then "overwrite" the one in the mod-fbk file and add correctly if I find a new unit that have clear function

I still have millions of pages to read in Civ4 to grasp the whole new stuff.
Getting forward slowly thanks to the fine asnwers and super articles

AFAIK whatever resides in the normal folder path i.e. assets\art\... will replace its match in the fpk. Also if you add graphics with a different name and referenced them in xml they will work correctly as long as there is no problem with them.

You got HitM to work with CIV Gold? Could you explain how you've got it installed?:confused:QUOTE]

kk mate hers what ya do, first go on start, then run then paster this command in "regedt32.exe" without quotes, then find Beyond the sword in the folder of Civ4 then you'll see no INSTALLDIR that Civ4 has, this (as Azzer explained) is the reason the mod doesnt work, then click edit, new, string value, then change this value to where BTS is such as "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\" Whatever it is change this to it, also add the \ at the end of BTS, then your done, this will also fix any other mods, so good luck :)

I did encounter a similar problem when I tried the mod for the first time.

A day later, when I had started my computer and run the mod then, everything was - and still is - fine. Your problem may have been due to something which you have run before or simultaneously.

(Vista Ultimate, 32-bit version)

I did encounter a similar problem when I tried the mod for the first time.

A day later, when I had started my computer and run the mod then, everything was - and still is - fine. Your problem may have been due to something which you have run before or simultaneously.

(Vista Ultimate, 32-bit version)

Well I have Vista too. That might be an interesting clue...

Stupid question here for anyone who's around (Sounds like Grave's between locales for a while)...

If I can find a given civ that someone's created, and it's design is modular, how much effort is usually involved with converting that civ to work with a mod like HiTM where there's a lot of custom stuff?

(Bearing in mind my knowledge of xml is VERY rudimentary, and my knowledge of Python/SDK is non existant :) )

If someone comes on and says "Oh it's easy", I might give it a shot. If someone comes along and replies "Don't bother", I'll just go on playing an included Civ with customised leadernames, cities etc like I'm doing now...

Stupid question here for anyone who's around (Sounds like Grave's between locales for a while)...

If I can find a given civ that someone's created, and it's design is modular, how much effort is usually involved with converting that civ to work with a mod like HiTM where there's a lot of custom stuff?

(Bearing in mind my knowledge of xml is VERY rudimentary, and my knowledge of Python/SDK is non existant :) )

If someone comes on and says "Oh it's easy", I might give it a shot. If someone comes along and replies "Don't bother", I'll just go on playing an included Civ with customised leadernames, cities etc like I'm doing now...

Probably best answered by Grave, but it would involve quite a bit of work (each new civ needs 2 UU, 2 UB for example ), and there's a LOT (and I mean a LOT)of files that would need modifying, plus artwork etc.etc.

As for Python, Grave (I know) doesn't like to mess around with python much, so that part probably wouldn't involve much. I really don't know how compatabile someone else's civ would be with HiTM though. You could probably use it as a blueprint at worst. As I said, best save that thought, and ask Grave when he's back in a couple of weeks or so.....

Top Bottom