[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Wow, the thread has been pretty busy in my absense. :king:
-----------------------------------

Thanks again to Drew for keeping the thread going! This will be the last time I'll have a chance to check the forums until April, as I'm going to be busy moving to the east coast, so my computer and interweb will be down until I get set up in my new pad. :cool:

No worries, I'll still be around BUT FOLKS I'll say again its not my place to patch anything with updates(so don't ask;)), just help,assist, and correct anything that's really broken (if that occurs)...and personally I'm on a 100% Rome Total War revival (what a game, might even have to watch Gladiator again later), and RTW crashes frequently not to desktop but to complete system failure! (and the forums guy best advice is to check my power supply and fan cooling...um..ermm..no..)...lets be thankful the civ forums have the best mods and support (quite possibly) for any game ever made, ever;)

And to Grave:- East Coast , woo same time zone, you not off to Andrews AFB are u?

Has any body compared Genghis Kai's Huge Earth Map to Carter's?

I just saw that Civ4 gold has been released. Will History In The Making include this mod for the next update? I really hope so! Just curious.

Thanks!

- manooly

Here's one for you.

The year is 3295 BC. I've got a central asian start and the closest thing to an ocean I've seen is what I suspect is the Caspian Sea, beyond my borders.

"Intelligence reports that Pirates from ungoverned neutral zones have equiped their fast attack ships with radar absorbing materials. We believe that they're heading for our territorial waters."

. "You may fire when ready Mr. Gridley."

A few turns later I learned that they hit Ragnar, whom I'd met.

Was this a random event with a broken qualifier, or was it the brother to the barbarian uprising I often get?

Never seen it before.

Including the "Revolutions" mod seems like a great idea. I've never played it, but looking at it seems very very snappy.

Here's one for you.

The year is 3295 BC. I've got a central asian start and the closest thing to an ocean I've seen is what I suspect is the Caspian Sea, beyond my borders.

"Intelligence reports that Pirates from ungoverned neutral zones have equiped their fast attack ships with radar absorbing materials. We believe that they're heading for our territorial waters."

. "You may fire when ready Mr. Gridley."

A few turns later I learned that they hit Ragnar, whom I'd met.

Was this a random event with a broken qualifier, or was it the brother to the barbarian uprising I often get?

Never seen it before.

That event sounds like one of JKP1187's that isn't working as intended (it obviously shouldn't occur until MUCH later)...Since he has completed an update to his mod, I'm sure that will be fixed and Grave will include the update in version 1.55.

Can someone please tell me if this mod works with Civ 4 Gold Edition?, cause thats all I got ;)

Can someone please tell me if this mod works with Civ 4 Gold Edition?, cause thats all I got ;)

Actually I can as I just spent some time yersterday modding some of the civ and extra leaders from Civ Gold 4 into HiTM.

And I guess the above also says it: You have to change some of the files, e.g. diplomacy stuff. Furthermore Civ4 doesn't have second UB's and UU's so I had to come up with some myself (still working on it - just seems wrong that the extra civs shouldn't have them)

That being said, I would love to see extra leader (especially extra leaders for Firaxis civs that only have one leader) and civs being added to HiTM. Just don't add as many as Civ4 did. It seems to me theyre trying to add everything they can scrape together and the e.g. the Sams as a civ just isn't so grand in my opinion.

\Skodkim

Hi

Grave: Is your copy of Bhruics patch the official one (but not the latest one then) or have you modified it?

I'd like to try and merge HiTM with Super Spies 1.2 (which was just released) and I think it's quite easy exept that the version of Bhruics unofficial patch you use, the one used in Siuper Spies and Bhruics latest are all different (at least they're different file sizes).

\Skodkim

Come on guys

I just left Civ3 to try out Civ4 with BTS and this looks great.

The hacker probably crashed the links/files SO PLEASE Grave or someone
Get it fixed.... I beg

Come on guys

Get it fixed.... I beg
I guess you have to wait until they find time to re-upload it. Put your Civ3 disc in your PC for another few days. You never know how long it might take.

Come on guys

Get it fixed.... I beg

I guess you have to wait until they find time to re-upload it. Put your Civ3 disc in your PC for another few days. You never know how long it might take.

I will attempt put an alt link for the mod (v 1.5) and the patch (1.54) on another file share server today (takes a while to upload 200+mb even with a fast link, so bear with me). I'd have to mess around splitting files for rapidshare (100mb max in one file), so I'll have to find another server...

Ok trying Megaupload

Getting the Gold Edition to work is a pain in the butt. I get couldn't HiTM to install with the standard install of Gold Edition because the mod requires it be in the actual mod file under the programs directory and the way gold installs, for some stupid reason, it doesn't create these folders and the only mods folder you'll get is under My Documents. I actually had to reinstall Gold Edition and custom install it to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4(which then for some reason creates all the right folders and directories) then install BTS and HiTM as per the install directions. Big pain in the butt.

Ah, ty mate, ill try, but doesnt gold edition have BTS with it, how can you install it after you installed civ 4 normally???
Ok, re-installed to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilzation 4 and its got BTS folder and warlords attached, this is ok right, cause I couldnt find any INSTALLDIR, even searched and it couldnt find it
Update: Tried the new stuff but it didnt work, still like before with no surrounding UI and I cant find the damn INSTALLDIR anywhere :(

Top Bottom