Birthers vs Returners

Ried isn't running for President, nor is he making his alleged business accument a centerpoint of his campaign.

Reid is one of the highest ranking national politicians in the country, your point fails miserably.

And business acumen has nothing to do with tax returns, so that one fails miserably as well.

The simply fact is Reid (and Pelosci) are being hypocrites, and anyone who can't admit that to themselves are hypocrites as well. What do you lose by recognizing this simple fact?

For the record, plenty of other Congressmen both Republican and Democrat haven't released their tax returns either, but then they are not sitting on the floor of the Senate acting the fool like Reid is. Well, at least not as publicly as Reid is, most Democratic congressmen are on message.

Reid is one of the highest ranking national politicians in the country, your point fails miserably.
Again, Reid is not running for president. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp. In the following list:
Reid, Obama, Romney LBJ
Which of these is not like the others?
And business acumen has nothing to do with tax returns, so that one fails miserably as well.
One of the cornerstones of the Romney campaign is that Romney can fix the economy because he has excellent business skills. Now, if his tax returns show his recent income is less due to good business skills and more due to knowing how to hire a good tax lawyer, it could make Romney look rather bad. You don't run a country by taking advantage of tax loopholes.
The simply fact is Reid (and Pelosci) are being hypocrites, and anyone who can't admit that to themselves are hypocrites as well. What do you lose by recognizing this simple fact?
I couldn't care less if they are being hypocrites or not.

Again, Reid is not running for president. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp. In the following list:
Reid, Obama, Romney LBJ
Which of these is not like the others?

Your irrelevant comment is irrelevant. Cookie?

One of the cornerstones of the Romney campaign is that Romney can fix the economy because he has excellent business skills. Now, if his tax returns show his recent income is less due to good business skills and more due to knowing how to hire a good tax lawyer, it could make Romney look rather bad. You don't run a country by taking advantage of tax loopholes.

I am sorry, is there a reason you are rating his business skills off his personal income? I am going to assume you are not, because that would be colossally stupid.

Pro Tip: Most people rate a person's business acumen of the performance of their businesses.

I couldn't care less if they are being hypocrites or not.

Then why are you commenting on mine and FriendlyFire's exchange, as that is what we are talking about.

Then why are you commenting on mine and FriendlyFire's exchange, as that is what we are talking about.
I was bored and you were being rude. Two things I dislike immensely.

Don't you think it makes perfect sense for any congressman who criticizes Romney for only divulging one tax return so far should also have to publicly divulge the same information? This is particularly true given those congressmen who have criticized Obama's citizenship status and educational qualifications have all shown they are citizens, as well as divulging full details regarding their own education. Haven't they?

The only "hypocrisy" I see here is trying to hold Harry Reid, and now even apparently Nancy Pelosi, to a far higher standard than any other congressman who has ever questioned the actions and judgments of any presidential candidate.

In other words, it is just yet more totally absurd partisan nonsense. "What do you lose by recognizing this simple fact?"

For the record, plenty of other Congressmen both Republican and Democrat haven't released their tax returns either, but then they are not sitting on the floor of the Senate acting the fool like Reid is. Well, at least not as publicly as Reid is, most Democratic congressmen are on message.

Whether or not Reid or Pelosi are hypocritical on the tax issue is completely irrelevant. Romney is applying for the highest job in the nation - he should make known as much about himself as is reasonable. Nowadays releasing tax returns is considered appropriate and expected, though not technically required. Personally I think all candidates for national office should be required to release this sort of stuff.

But the hypocrisy that matters isn't on the part of Reid or Pelosi (has she even gotten involved in this?)

It's on the part of Romney himself. He's repeatedly demanded that other candidates for far lesser office release their returns while refusing to do so himself. That, my friend, is the definition of hypocrisy.
SOURCE:
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-maddow-show/48497159#48497159
Fun starts at 6:30 ;)
possible telling slip at 7:25

Has a significant proportion of Reid's constituents demanded he release his tax returns and he refused to do so? A politician should not be expected to do anything that his constituents or the law have not demanded. And while a politician is not required to do anything that is not legally mandated, refusal to provide information the electorate demands (and there is a history of candidates for the position providing) can only reflect negatively on a candidate.

I think the fear of the unknown is likely to be more damaging to Romney's prospects than what is there. Unless there's something in them that would totally disqualify him, he would be better off releasing them. The right-wing has already indicated they don't care that he's a greedy tax dodger.

So if I understand things correctly on this tax return mess, Romney is choosing to sink to Harry Reid's level rather than rise to Obama's level. Perhaps he should run for the Senate rather than for President.

He did. He lost. And he demanded a lot of tax returns from his opponent.

It was actually his opponent's wife while not divulging his own.

Nobody ever suggested that Romney was terribly smart. It seems to be a hallmark with high-level Republicans for the past few decades.

What is interesting is that no Republican is now whining about elitist presidential candidates from Massachusetts. 2004 now seems like the distant past in elephant years.

"You" "voted" "for" "Kerry" "didn't" "you" "hypocrite?" "Go" "on," "admit" "it" "..."

The point though is there was never any good evidence Obama wasnt born in the US yet claims were made anyways.
The burden of proof goes the other way on that; you must prove you are a citizen in order to run for President.

Where are the demands for Romney's birth certificate?
None needed; it's already common knowledge he's a citizen.

"You" "voted" "for" "Kerry" "didn't" "you" "hypocrite?" "Go" "on," "admit" "it" "..."

Here's a clue: If you thought Kerry was an elitist and Romney isn't, that is actually being "hypocritical". Or do you really think Democrats complained about this instead of Republicans in 2004, while I am actually neither one?

When did I say Romney wasn't part of the elite?

So did you vote for Kerry or not. If so, all your anti rich rhetoric takes on a new flavor.

Where did I ever complain about "elitists", as the Republicans obviously did in 2004 while completely ignoring it now? Freedom of speech FTW yet again.

I think Romney is elitist and Kerry isn't as in
" persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society"
Romney has been involved in the growth and improvement of many business that business students now study. He kept multiple steel mills alive while mills around them were closing. I think Romney would be a great president. I don't think he's a great candidate though.

I would also note that major reasons people dislike Romney's wealth include
1) He and his wife constantly trying to claim that he is an ordinary man and understands the plight of the unemployed and poor when that is clearly BS.
2) The means he acquired a large portion of his wealth by moving jobs overseas and potentially avoiding taxes.

It isn't just that he is rich.

Top Bottom