1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Marble V3.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by ColdFever, Jul 22, 2007.

1. mrwhite89

mrwhite89 Bad Lieutenant

Wow, this looks great! :goodjob:

Just started a game: Huge Earth map, 18 civs as Hatty. Was very hard to leave home this morning for work. :sad:

2. Platonx

Platonx Chieftain

Thanks, it helped me a lot. Now BM works fine.

3. JDR

JDR Chieftain

I can't get this mod to work for Civ4 - Gold and BTS.

The /My Documents/My Games folder for the gold edition is:

/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold

The mod's installer creates a new /Sid Meier's Civilization 4 folder that doesn't seem to get called by the game.

I tried copying the contents of the new folder into the Civ4Gold one, but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

4. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

Sorry, I do not own the Gold version, so I have no clue what is wrong with this version. Perhaps BtS is not a subdirectoy in this version as it is in the regular version? The BlueMarble installer reads the Civ4 root installation path from the registry and then checks if it contains a "Beyond the Sword" subdirectory with a valid exe. What you can try: copy the BlueMarble installer into the Civ4 root directory of your "Beyond the sword" directory (it should contain a "Civilization4.exe") and then start it directly from there. Hmmm, I really wonder why there have to be so different Civ4 versions (Regular, Steam, Gold)...

5. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Chieftain

I don't have the same problem so it might not be my business to interfere. However I like BM and I think that your installer is quite an elaborate one. So checking for which version of Civ4 is installed and proceeding accordingly can't be a difficult thing for you to implement. If lack of knowledge of the folder layout for each variant is the problem people can for sure provide you with such info as well as the different reg-keys.

6. slobberinbear

slobberinbear Ursine Skald

Any word as to whether the new patch (3.03) for BtS has fixed the blue marble multiplayer bug? Otherwise, it's uninstall time, unfortunately.

7. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

I did ask Take2 Germany and they told me that the Gold version will not be released in Germany. So unfortunately there is no way for me setup a test system to see what is wrong with this version.

No, 3.03 is only a compatibility update for Microsoft DirectX and Microsoft Vista, so there are no changes apart from these. The "real" BtS patch with gamecore bugfixes and changes, including the fix for mp crashes due to CustomAssets, still is pending.

8. JDR

JDR Chieftain

Tried this and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the great mod.

Loved it with CIV3 and love it with BTS.

9. biggamer132

biggamer132 Chieftain

I'm not getting my copy of BtS until either tomorrow or Wednesday, but I just want to thank you in advance for this. Darius actually looks somewhat normal now. :lol:

10. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Chieftain

Ok I have read over most of it but I have a few questions(This will be my first download other than patches):
    1) Is it an entirely graphics mod?
    2) I download it then I will have a file I can install?
    3) I can uninstall it at any time?
    4) I can turn certain parts of it off?
    5) Will It work with 3.03? Other that Multiplayer glitch
    6) Can I chose between the normal Civ IV and this or do I have to uninstall it?
    7) How many KB are in a MB? KB=1000 bytes Mb=1 000 000 bytes?

11. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

@Lord Neil
    1) Is it an entirely graphics mod?
    yes

2) I download it then I will have a file I can install?
    yes, after you unpacked the downloaded zip file

3) I can uninstall it at any time?
    yes

4) I can turn certain parts of it off?
    yes, during installation

5) Will It work with 3.03? Other that Multiplayer glitch
    yes, apart from multiplayer and "protected" games std single player is fine

6) Can I chose between the normal Civ IV and this or do I have to uninstall it?
    for normal Civ an uninstallation is required and takes only a few seconds

7) How many KB are in a MB? KB=1000 bytes Mb=1 000 000 bytes?
    1MB = 1024 KB

12. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Chieftain

Ok thanks so 1 MB is 1 000 000 bytes... well a bit more for the odd 24 bytes... I think I will download this when my computer gets its new modem but people are saying that I shouldn't download 3.03 since it adds more glitchs... so will it work for 3.00 also?

13. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

Yes. It is a graphics mod, so it is not dependent on the patch the game has.

14. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Chieftain

Ok thanks guys... now I just need my computer back from the shop...

15. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

Good luck, dude. :) You'll love BM3. :)

16. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Chieftain

Ive had a stroke of genious!!! Im at my cottage which has high-speed yet my house has dial-up(don't ask) so I am going to try to download it here put it on a DVD then download it onto my comuter back at my house:D already 2/3 done :D

Edit: Ok I think I might of done it... I got it so it is on my desktop and I copied it onto to DVD, now the DVD says 57.4 MB of 4.38 GB are being used so I assume that means that it is on the DVD.

17. Kilim

Kilim Chieftain

I would say at least DL the v3.02 Patch and then Install Solver's BTS Fixes if you have BTS.
    You can find the v3.02 for BTS in the DL page here in this site :D
    v3.03 showed some glitches I didn't liek So I kept reinstalled v3.02 and just added Solver's Fixes.

18. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Chieftain

Ok thanks so get this mod, download 3.03, download Solver's patch, then have fun? I am at my cottage right now and Im not going home for a few days so... ya... it will be a bit till I can give u any feedback...

19. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

Well not really. 1MB = 1024*1024 bytes = 1'048'576 bytes (almost 5% larger).
    Its because computers uses binary insterad of decimal, so 2^10 = 1024. The larger difference the large unit. So for gigabytes it's a 7% diff and terrabytes have a 10% difference (thats why hardrives are always smaller than they say, because they say it in billions of bytes instead of gigabytes).

20. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Chieftain

I understand that but still 5% longer on highspeed is not too long but I understand the bigger it is the bigger gap there is.