1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Marble V3.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by ColdFever, Jul 22, 2007.

1. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

It's probably the EthnicArtStyles mod. I'd suggest you contact the maker of the mod and report the problem. :)

2. raba.yuugi

raba.yuugi Chieftain

Thanks for the tip. Was gonna do that but I started a new game and now it doesn't crash when I try training chariots. What's up with that?

3. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

Dunno. Was that the first time it didn't crash? Or was the reported incident a one-time thing?

4. Vanchelon

Vanchelon Chieftain

Just tried bluemarble out in multiplayer, with the "Extra" mod, but it still crashes :(
    And yes Im patched to 3.13 :)
    Singleplayer with the mod works fine, but MP crashes, even with just "Terrains" installed.
    Any ideas?
    Really love the mod so would like to have it in MP aswell :)

5. Vanchelon

Vanchelon Chieftain

Bump - Noone got any ideas? :(

6. glcm1961

glcm1961 Chieftain

Great mod! Love the graphics and the additional info on the city screen.

Now for my question: I want to go back to the original text as it seems easier for me to read, but I couldn't find any options to do that. Is there a way to revert the text to the original but leave everything else the way it is?

Thank you.

7. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

@glcm: you can do that with the optional "CivScale" tool, available on the Blue Marble homepage. The 2nd tab of this tools allows all kinds of font settings, restoring the original font settings is also available.

8. Yellow Emperor

Yellow Emperor Chieftain

Does thet need Bts?:sad:

9. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

No. BlueMarble should work with all CD/DVD-versions of Civ4, Warlords and BtS. More info you find on the homepage:
    http://www.civfanatics.net/bluemarble

10. Yellow Emperor

Yellow Emperor Chieftain

Oh, Do I need Bts for this?
    'cause this is awesome!

11. Yellow Emperor

Yellow Emperor Chieftain

I downloaded it. But which folder should I put it in ? Also I have a mac so I don't know...

12. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

Sorry, the mod exe installer only works for the PC version, as I do not have a Mac. AlanH found and supports a way to make it available for Mac:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=177454

13. Yellow Emperor

Yellow Emperor Chieftain

Thank you for your help.

14. MarkM

MarkM Cow Herder

I love Blue Marble & have been using it for a long time. They only thing is ... just my personal preference ... the "bright sun sky" background used most particularly for the tech tree display is just too distracting for me, I find it makes the screen hard to read. I poked around trying to figure out where this might be stored/set/controlled but to no avail. Could anyone help me out? Restoring to default Firaxis background would be just fine ... or even just "turning down the wattage" a bit on the Blue Marble background :)

Thanks a gain for the wonderful product!

15. LoStNuMbEr

LoStNuMbEr Chieftain

Hey if I'm playing a mod like fall from heaven can I still use this or would things be incompatabile

16. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Chieftain

Yes you still can use Blue Marble. It has no impact on FFH. Other mods also work fine with BM. If a mod doesn't use its own terrain graphics you will get the ones of BM which is an advantage IMO.

17. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

@MarkM: You can disable the BM backgrounds by running the BM installation programm once again, this time deselecting "Backgrounds" during installation.

18. dlaporte

dlaporte Chieftain

I'm running an older version of BM on OSX that was posted a while back. Is 3.0 supported on OSX? If so, is it available in any other form than the .exe file? I have a PC that I can run it on, but it won't install unless Civilization is present.

thanks,
    David

19. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

Sorry, the mod exe installer only works for the PC version, as I do not have a Mac. AlanH found and supports a way to make it available for Mac:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=177454

If you want to try a manual install, here are the most essential BlueMarble V3.0 graphics files (only terrain art without installer) in a zip file:
    HighRes (needs more RAM): http://civilized.worldserve.de/download/civ4/mods/CivBlueMarbleHighRes.zip
    LowRes (needs less RAM): http://civilized.worldserve.de/download/civ4/mods/CivBlueMarbleLowRes.zip
    Please note that you may have to install the files in up to three locations, depending on the number of addons you have installed (Vanilla+Warlords+BtS)

20. dlaporte

dlaporte Chieftain

worked great, thanks!