1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BNW patch en route

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by callan, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Vandal Thorne

Vandal Thorne Warlord

Yes, seems to be all fixed now. You guys rock!

2. bds2020

bds2020 Chieftain

This fixed the hotseat issue for me as well. FWIW, I use GMR,

3. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Every time I load a save I get a "Configuring Game" message. Is anyone else getting this?

4. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

You must not have been playing Civ5 for long :p Firaxis stated 3 years ago that they would deliver pitboss soon after release of Civ5, but not at release. If 3 years is "soon" then it is completely logical to be somewhat cynical when then now also say they they are working on an app and it will come "soon". You should also know that I am a long time civ player, run a civ MP league and have been a volunteer tester for Firaxis with Civ3 and Civ4 in the past. So it is not like I have not supported Firaxis in the past.

But Civ5 MP is dead right now and the blame is squarely on the shoulders of 2K/Firaxis for not fixing MP in 3 years. Even if this patch fixes most of what ails the MP code, it is likely a good 2 years too late to bring the MP community back at all.

If you think I am cynical about Firaxis, the hundreds of players I once had in the league have voted with their feet and left Civ for other games :-/

CS

5. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Denis has always been a class act for sure. And always their to help the Civ community.

CS

6. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

Don't get me wrong, i think you're right to be cynical! I was just getting technical and demonstrating that Firaxis haven't actually broken that promise. They just took their time! It may be irritating and drawn out, but they came through in the end. So the precedent you used for them failing is in fact precedent for them standing by their word. 3 years is a stretch to call soon though :p

Interesting how so many people you play with have quit! I've had a steadily growing multiplayer group since the game came out. I have 7 regulars now to play with, but then i don't play online, i play LAN and hotseat :) Don't particularly like the bugs and gameplay issues, but i don't let them get in the way of a good time either :goodjob:

7. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

From a technological standpoint you are correct, that doesn't mean there not are legal agreements to the contrary, I doubt steam wants a game mode that disconnects people from Steam. There are already underground steam servers that run hacked versions of Civ5 to avoid the Steam ecosystem completely. I don't think they want to encourage this ability....but I could be wrong, time will tell.

CS

8. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Hmn, restarted Steam, restart my computer, and still no extra content :(

9. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

For multiplayer we at NQ still are seeing problems with the hotjoin feature. In fact it will often appear to "time-out" and get stuck on the blue timer when we experimented with it. We still have to rely on reloading if a game crashes it appears since hotjoins still appear unstable

10. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

What do you mean no extra content?

11. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Glad to hear that you have a good group of friends to play with. Unfortunately online MP requires a critical mass of players available to play in order to stay active. And we certainly do not have that critical mass right now. :(

I'm hoping this patch and BNW changes that, but it is pretty late in the game right now....

CS

12. omnishakira

omnishakira Warlord

my games are glitched i wished i never installed it omg...

13. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Did you pre-order BNW? did you see a 1gig download? If you did not preorder BNW you will not get the BNW content, and even if you get the content you can not play it until the release date. All the stuff people are talking about is them snooping threw the files and code :-/

CS

14. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Also - This is an interface problem in MP/bug, when the host selects options you can easily see what options are selected on the right side of the lobby.

Currently if a host selects the turn timer, the turn timer will not appear to be enabled in the main lobby even if it is on. You can still check the game options and it will still be up. Also, I am enjoying the maps added to MP! About time they got here.

Oh - Also its a bit annoying to not be able to move civilian units in Hybrid mode once you have ended your turn. Just a small thing, but previously in simultaneous you could still make moves/trade with players after you have ended your turn. Now this might be a bug or it might be intentional, but its impossible to trade with other human players once you are at war in hybrid mode and have ended your turn

15. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

NVM, it's still there.

Did you preorder it weeks ago or did you do it now? As for content I assume you mean files. If not, and you mean content in-game, then I have no idea.

16. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Heh, I mean the extra BNW secret not ingame files.

Yep, weeks ago... It even started with a 1GB download, but when it was around 80 MB it suddenly turned into the 88 MB and finished...

17. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

No idea then.

18. rastak

rastak Emperor

It broke mine.

19. Melo-Franco

Melo-Franco Warlord

I have preordered it 3-4 days ago but I didn't get the 1 giga download. I think the purchase was "too late" for them, but hey, what a damn crappy logic, steam/firaxis! If you had kept me informed about this quite bizarre modus operandi I'd have purchased the expansion earlier. :gripe:
    (Sorry for my f* up English syntax)

20. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

While I'm very disappointed that Firaxis have not cleared up the Farm replacement crash (related to reloading the landmark system) I am very pleased that there are now non-truncated tuner statements. That is a huge boon to modders.

Another oddity I have found is that the new db loader somehow will not parse the sql reincrement file (thanks lemmy101!), which really leaves the db in shambles.