BNW patch en route

Been playing a new game with the patch and my favorite mods (haven't gotten BNW files yet tho) and I'm enjoying fast load times, quicker turn processing, lower GPU temps and a more aggressive AI. Not bad at all. In fact, I'm one happy camper. :woohoo:

I haven't noticed any change in turn or load times, which are moderately fast on my machine but could be faster.

Oh... well then, that is an important question.

Is it just the French and Arabian ones missing, or are others such as the unused Philosophy trait missing too? I pre-ordered on Greenmangaming, so can't check myself.

Philosophy and the others like it are there. The amended traits have the same name (in XML, eg "enhanced culture") but with different effects.

However, the good news is that on the table at the top, there's still an entry for "CityCultureBonus" which was the offset for the old French UA. The old Arabian UA was "TradeRouteChange" which isn't there, although there's an entry in the table (though nowhere else) for "CityConnectionTradeRouteChange" - so maybe we're good.

Philosophy and the others like it are there. The amended traits have the same name (in XML, eg "enhanced culture") but with different effects.

However, the good news is that on the table at the top, there's still an entry for "CityCultureBonus" which was the offset for the old French UA. The old Arabian UA was "TradeRouteChange" which isn't there, although there's an entry in the table (though nowhere else) for "CityConnectionTradeRouteChange" - so maybe we're good.

YES I can give French +1 culture for each of their city. Theming bonus is underwhelming. Also CityConnection is good. Maybe I'll give Inca the +1 gold for their connection.

So far, in four games i played post-patch, the AI has been pretty efficient in murdering my cities. Germany is insane. By turn 50, it has 3 cities up in 2 of my games. Absolutely ridiculous and i was playing on King. I also got wrecked by a HUGE Attlia force consisting of 5 Battering Rams, 4 Horse Archers, 3 C.Bows after seeing this very same force wreck the Dutch in 4 turns 10 turns before.

And the turn times are fantastic. Thanks for the patch:D

So far, in four games i played post-patch, the AI has been pretty efficient in murdering my cities. Germany is insane. By turn 50, it has 3 cities up in 2 of my games. Absolutely ridiculous and i was playing on King. I also got wrecked by a HUGE Attlia force consisting of 5 Battering Rams, 4 Horse Archers, 3 C.Bows after seeing this very same force wreck the Dutch in 4 turns 10 turns before.

And the turn times are fantastic. Thanks for the patch:D

The AI on King became a lot smarter and stuff, really. I think that now I even need to play on prince again :king::goodjob:

Does anybody know when this is going to come to mac?

Almost certainly on release day. Ryan has already said don't expect a pre BNW patch. But BNW has been confirmed as a simultaneous release by aspyr.

what is this! Got first game after patch, play as pacha at small pangaea, immortal diff, i met nobunaga at turns 10, he say that my army is weak at turns 13, WTF, just how big should my army be on turn 13?
Just to make it worse he denounce me on turns 17! And now i'm facing a double DOW at turns 44, when i have a warrior, a spear, and a slinger. Just how big should my army be on turn 40ish?

what is this! Got first game after patch, play as pacha at small pangaea, immortal diff, i met nobunaga at turns 10, he say that my army is weak at turns 13, WTF, just how big should my army be on turn 13?
Just to make it worse he denounce me on turns 17! And now i'm facing a double DOW at turns 44, when i have a warrior, a spear, and a slinger. Just how big should my army be on turn 40ish?

Sub-turn 20 hostility/denunciations are nothing new on higher difficulties. I've noticed they especially like to turn hostile quickly if they got a Spear upgrade from a ruin.

Sub-turn 20 hostility/denunciations are nothing new on higher difficulties. I've noticed they especially like to turn hostile quickly if they got a Spear upgrade from a ruin.

well, i've been playing immortal for this last two years at least, and being accused of weak at turns 13 when i got a warrior and a spear is surely something new. Turns 20ish without an upgrade ruin is not new, but on turn 13, it just plainly imposible to have better army than what i already have. Remember, i played pacha so my build order is another warrior, otherwise i may only have a warrior plus scout.

It might be the first time it's happened to you, but I get sub-turn 20 hostility and denunciations from the AI occasionally, and I'm a King/Emperor player. You may just have been lucky this far. Either that or they have specifically made Oda more aggressive.

Maybe give it a few more games and see if it keeps happening, I guess.

well, i've been playing immortal for this last two years at least, and being accused of weak at turns 13 when i got a warrior and a spear is surely something new. Turns 20ish without an upgrade ruin is not new, but on turn 13, it just plainly imposible to have better army than what i already have. Remember, i played pacha so my build order is another warrior, otherwise i may only have a warrior plus scout.

Anecdotal evidence is useless, NEVER ever base your assumption about how the game works on your own experience, you will always be wrong since the sample size is too small to show the games true pattern.

The AI, has for as far as I can remember ed at you for being weak very early, but as with everything else there is multiple other conditions that has to be in effect before it throws those pointless taunts out. For starters it has to view you negatively and any good players knows how to rig the diplomacy system that they don't have a negative relation with dangerous closeby warmongering AI's.

My personal record is being denounced by Alexander on turn... 2 (on marathon speed) :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I've also noticed a sharp increase in this sort of denouncement and war from the AI in the extremely early turns of the game. It's definitely more aggressive and earlier.

I've also noticed a sharp increase in this sort of denouncement and war from the AI in the extremely early turns of the game. It's definitely more aggressive and earlier.

If this is true, then: :rolleyes:

Been playing a new game with the patch and my favorite mods (haven't gotten BNW files yet tho) and I'm enjoying fast load times, quicker turn processing, lower GPU temps and a more aggressive AI. Not bad at all. In fact, I'm one happy camper. :woohoo:

True. I have experienced the same thing. In fact it has become so fast that Caesar destroyed Dido in about 1 turn. She had 2-3 cities but it was very fast compared to the earlier speeds.

True. I have experienced the same thing. In fact it has become so fast that Caesar destroyed Dido in about 1 turn. She had 2-3 cities but it was very fast compared to the earlier speeds.

Can someone please explain to me why more aggressive AI in the early game is a good thing?

*sigh* Not everyone is interested in constant war!

I'm going to do some more games and see what happens, but what I've experienced seems a bit excessive to me at the moment.

It may be though that the designers feel that fortifying a smaller empire is the favoured strategy for the very early game. The AI was sending an awful lot of units, though.

Top Bottom