1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brave New World announced!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aaron90495, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Poland sounds like the cultural version of the Mayans.

Solidarity - Free Sopol for each era.

2. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

3. aluelkdf

aluelkdf Prince

I hope that the world congress doesn't have too much control. Every civ should have the option of defying the world congress. In previous civ games, there was nothing more frustrating than not being able to build nukes just because the UN said so. In the real world, if a civ has the technology and resources they can ultimately do whatever they want and nothing short of war can stop them.

It would also be cool if a civ had two choices, openly and publicly defy the world congress (with a penalty). Or they can go along with the world congress, but defy them in secret (but if another civ catches you doing this through espionage then there is a much larger penalty than just openly defying the world congress).

4. Cicero63

Cicero63 Warlord

I am so excited! I was surprised that they are adding 9 Civs, I thought they would just add 6 to get up to forty! I'm thinking that the siege tower belongs to the Assyrians, since they used these towers the most and included them in many of works of art

5. Eagle Pursuit

I like that you can outlaw the trade of specific luxuries. Sorry Harun. You can't sell incense anymore. It's... uh... inhumane.

6. aluelkdf

aluelkdf Prince

I am also excited for the American civil war scenario. It's probably more exciting for Americans than people in other countries, but I think it will still be a fun scenario for everybody.

7. cakes

cakes Prince

WOW this is exciting!! i was thinking earlier today that the new expansion is going to completely change how i play CiV and this news seems to confirm that. i think this culture war thing sounds great. maybe as napoleon i can pillage the great works of rome and shift the cultural centre of europe to paris :D the themes of great works sounds awesome as well. now i can put my art history study to some sort of use

i am surprised they came up with 9 civs though. i can't wait to find out who they are. i'd like to see florence as a 'civ' but i highly doubt that is going to happen

8. Eagle Pursuit

Don't tell Julius Ceasar I said this, but the Ides of March seems pretty cool today.

9. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

IIRC there were some traces of a Civil War scenario in the G&K files? So it's good to see it wasn't canned, as some suspected.

10. aluelkdf

aluelkdf Prince

I like that too. It gives civs a lot more power to hurt other civs without committing to an all out war.

11. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Super Moderator

Moderator Action: I have created a new sub-forum for discussion of this expansion pack, and moved this thread there.

Carry on!

12. Eagle Pursuit

I can see why they moved it to the second expansion. If they didn't BNW would only have 1 scenario.

13. aluelkdf

aluelkdf Prince

I'm thinking they might surprise with a 3rd scenario, probably something very modern like the 20th or maybe even the 21st century.

14. cakes

cakes Prince

cold war scenario, maybe? there was one in rise of nations. i'd like to see how CiV would handle it

15. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Poland? :rolleyes:

But psyched to finally have the announcements! Some initial thoughts:
    - More late game - great!
    - International trade routes sounds brilliant!
    - Great works - interesting.
    - The cultural late-game sounds like something big. Will look forward to how that plays.
    - A bit sceptic about the thing that Order civs will gain momentum by happiness. Sounds like a possible conflict with unlimited AI happiness on higher levels. Hopefully they'll have balanced this porperly.
    - No coorporations. :sad:

16. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Great news, I'm so excited now.
    Archaeology and World Congress sound very interesting to me.
    Am I the only one who thinks that a "Scramble for Africa" scenario seriously increases the chances of an Italian civ?
    And hooray for Poland and probably Assyria for making it into the game.:thumbsup:

17. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Warlord

Perhaps Belgium as a dark horse? You know, Belgian Kongo, and all that...

18. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

International trade routes sound much more interesting... and on the bright side, corporations are pretty much in; what with cultural diffusion along international trade routes, what do you think is heading from America to China late game? That's right, Coca-Cola and Big Macs, not great works of art!

19. Eagle Pursuit

The description of Scramble for Africa seems to imply that there will be some new Natural Wonders from the interior of Africa. Like Victoria Falls or Mt. Kilamajaro. And I bet those Natural Wonders have Tourism bonuses.

20. PaaVi

PaaVi Chieftain

Great news!! Good to have Poland in the game finally :)