Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aaron90495, Mar 15, 2013.
I am getting a kick. My grandfather was Polish and my Grandmother was from Austria.
Sounds great !
The only thing that bothers me is that trade route protection could devolve into a micromanagement/logistical nightmare. I imagine caravans will be exempt from 1UPT, but you won't be able to send an escort with them.
I wonder if the New Cultural Victory will replace the old one or be in addition to the old one. If it's the former, that could have a dramatic effect on the playstyle of Ethiopia which is usually to turtle up and aim for a Cultural Victory.
From the official site:
The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders, and the unique abilities of your civilization
Do you have to protect the initial Caravan or Trade Ship or do you have to maintain units along the course of the trade route throughout the game?
What happens if a civ without open borders settles on your trade route? Do things get fouled up? Do you have to re-open the trade route or relay it?
Actually, I think it could very well be the Phoenicians, the Hittites or a longer stretch, Israelis from the biblical era.
I wonder how the sharing of production could possibly work. That'll be fascinating.
So nothing about AI improvements? Gods and kings at at least some.
OMG, it's so awesome that even I registered here (being in read only mode for around 6 years).
Phoenicia is unlikely. Carthage already has "Phoenician Heritage", doesn't it?
Heh Great News! Polish nation!
Yeah, I don't know what Phoenicia would even be to make itself any different. It's just Carthage.
I think it's 90% Assyria, but the other 10% is Hittites.
Oh boy! Great news. I hope we see more options for land or sea improvements like tile improvements that inca or Dutch have. I like to see water mills and windmills back.
It's not the 1UPT that's going to be the biggest problem. It's the fact that roads are expensive and movement is limited, especially for land units. That and sea units can't heal outside your territory. So we might need to slowly move units with the caravans/trade ships to be able to respond to barbarian attack, not to mention moving sea units in and out to heal up after every barbarian attack.
From the Official website:
dozens of new units, buildings and improvements
I'd guess that at least some of the new improvements are civ-specific.
You could make the argument that Byzantium's just Rome (and/or Greece). I don't believe Phoenicia would be one of the nine - due to Carthage - but the trade element of BNW would fit Phoenicia perfectly.
Phoenicia would fit the trade route concept great, but they'd need to change the Carthaginian UA name, otherwise it would be like America having "British Heritage" as their UA
Separate names with a comma.