Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Lassie can probably be converted. Zack cannot. How is losing one scummy townie worse than losing one non-convertible townie-if-you-let-him?

In practical terms, our VC is to have a townie survive the game. We don't know who our teammates are, and we don't know how many of us there are. But we do know that there are at least two and maybe three non-town teams. In a game of sixteen players with two town dead already, that does not leave us enough to risk lynching one of them just because he was the easiest for you to push a lynch on.

The case on Lassie is as good as any, but that's mainly because you guys can't help but be a huge distraction, and nobody is picking up major scum points in this mess.

If you're proven to be on our side, then you've got a free hand to kill as you see fit. You won't be Mr Popular if you hit Lassie and he shows up town, but you won't get lynched for it like you would if you were unresolved.

There sure are a lot of lurkers. Tak's been dead most of the game and he has more posts than Joan, Mat, Duffy, or Auto.

The hell are you guys?

Duff always lurks. Auto usually lurks, too, though he's a more lurky scum than town. Mat and Joan are being a bit quiet, though.

I maintain that I will be cultkilled tonight if cult can kill and isn't stupid. You know what would probably stop that? Lynching a cultist. If I die, good bloody luck beating cult without nightkills because towns have something like a 20% success rate against cults.

every vote I can make in every Spaceman game from now til the end of time: Lassie

you seem almost certain that the Cult will get nightkill ability with increased numbers and that they have the necessary numbers for N3. Where is this coming from?
I have played in a small number of cult games. Dont think i have seen one where cult gains more night abilities for increasing numbers excepts in cases where power roles are recruited.
Cults strength and VC is based on increasing their numbers. To give them additional powers for doing so seems counter-intuitive.

I've had work and almost no time, I should sub out but there are no reserves. And honestly this whole orc and Gondor faction stuff makes absolutely no sense to me. It doesn't seem like Werewolf.

you seem almost certain that the Cult will get nightkill ability with increased numbers and that they have the necessary numbers for N3. Where is this coming from?
I have played in a small number of cult games. Dont think i have seen one where cult gains more night abilities for increasing numbers excepts in cases where power roles are recruited.
Cults strength and VC is based on increasing their numbers. To give them additional powers for doing so seems counter-intuitive.

In the vast majority of cult games I've been in, cults have an ability where two members can team up to nightkill someone. They don't gain the ability; they start with it but can't use it cause cults usually only have one person, which means they can't use it until N2 at the very earliest (assuming the leader does a blind and successful recruit). Most cult leaders can scan for convertibility, meaning, I dunno, half? of all cults do not gain a second person until N2. In general, cults prefer converting to killing because both remove a threat, but they tend to kill those they can't convert (especially if the people they can't convert can nightkill).

It sometimes happens in large games with lots of town powers and mafia powers, the cult gets some kind of killing ability to keep up with the others. In my Darths and Droids Mafia Game, the Empire Cult could send two of its members out to kill, which became one of its members after the cult leader died and it could no longer convert (basically making it a standard mafia faction)

Not all cults can kill, though.

meanwhile, zero batteries want to find out if they can

I'm going back to my gut feeling on the Orcs. Probably wont make me popular, but whatever. unvote; vote: Lassie

votes locked

In the vast majority of cult games I've been in, cults have an ability where two members can team up to nightkill someone. They don't gain the ability; they start with it but can't use it cause cults usually only have one person, which means they can't use it until N2 at the very earliest (assuming the leader does a blind and successful recruit). Most cult leaders can scan for convertibility, meaning, I dunno, half? of all cults do not gain a second person until N2. In general, cults prefer converting to killing because both remove a threat, but they tend to kill those they can't convert (especially if the people they can't convert can nightkill).

It sometimes happens in large games with lots of town powers and mafia powers, the cult gets some kind of killing ability to keep up with the others. In my Darths and Droids Mafia Game, the Empire Cult could send two of its members out to kill, which became one of its members after the cult leader died and it could no longer convert (basically making it a standard mafia faction)

Not all cults can kill, though.

Ok. thanks.
This is a small game though. I guess we can speculate more after the Zack reveal.

Tally:
Lynch:
Zack: 5 (choxorn, Autolycus, Duff, atheotes, Winston)
Lassie: 4 (JohannahK, BSmith, Double A, Zack)
Double A: 3 (Al Sipsclar, Lassie, KingMorgan)
Choxorn: 1 (Mat)

Not voting (0)

https://youtu.be/h2ocBnraYhc

Zack was done fighting. Zack was done hiding. Zack was done running. He had been born under Isengard, industrial powerhouse of Middle Earth, and the best hope his orcish people (and the humans of Dunland) had ever had. He had survived the disaster at Helm's Deep. Survived to see his home literally destroyed by trees. So much for iron fist and spear. He followed Sharkey into these far northern lands, to help drag this region and its people into the modern age. The ungrateful savages killed Sharkey, and now, they were coming for him. He had, in truth, nothing left. His nation was destroyed, his leader dead, and, as some consolation for this, his target, Aragorn, was also dead.

The Uruk-Hai threw off his mask. The tattoo of the white hand now clearly visible on his face. The townsfolk backed away, instinctively terrified.

Zack: "What are you afraid of? I don't bite. Look, I'm not the one who ordered you to lynch your own people. And I'm not trying to convert you to some kind of cult. You're men of Dunlandish blood, are you not? Not Numenorians, that's for sure. How do you think Gondor will treat you? I say kill the Tarks while you have a chance!"

For a while the townies were silent. Finally one among them drew a crude wooden spear and proclaimed: "Die, beast of Morgoth"

A spear through the heart did what Legolas's bow, Gimli's axe and Treabeard's ents could not. And just like that, the Fighting Uruk-hai fought no more.

Zack has died. He was loyal to Mount Gundabad

Spoiler :
Uruk-Hai

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! It doesn’t matter that our leader is dead and our stronghold destroyed by trees. We are still the fighting Uruk-Hai! You have allied with local former agents of Saruman and orcs from Mount Gundabad to exact revenge upon Aragorn, one of Isengard’s many foes.

Personal Ability: Fires of Orthanc: You have two barrels of blasting powder from Isengard. You can use them as single-shot nightkills. You can also use two for the same kill to make the kill unblockable, meaning abilities that normally save your target would not protect them. These barrels cannot be replenished and only you know how to set up and operate them.

Personal Ability 2: Orc-Medicine: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Orc_medicine You have a flask of medicine from Isengaard. If you are mortally wounded at night you automatically apply the flask to yourself to stave of death. You only have one dose and you have no way to replenish it. This is a 1-shot nightkill immunity. You may give the flask to one of your colleagues during the day. You lose this ability and they gain an equivalent. Only you need to confirm the transfer via PM, I will notify the recipient.

Faction Goal: The Gundabad Spies must eliminate all other factions, except for the Bree Townies (they are no threat)

You will receive a PM with a QT with your allies shortly

On his body, a barrel of gunpowder was found, but since no one knew how to use it, it was discarded.

For this beleaguered town the Uruk's death would bring no reprieve. For what was left of Aragorn's delegation it was some consolation, that the loss of their king, and the death of the dream of rebuilding Arnor, would not go unavenged. But would consolation help them for long, with other forces gathering in the shadows?

It is now Night 3. You may now gather in the shadows and preform night actions.

Either this night or next day will need to be extended significantly because the update timer currently ends at midnight my time and unlike some I actually like sleeping. Unless anyone objects I will extend tomorrow's day, but if people want I can instead extend tonight.

Night ends in: [TIMER=6/24/2016 11:59 PM PDT; Night 3 Over][/TIMER]

Alive:

1: DuffKilligan
2: JohannahK
3: Winston Hughes
6: Lassie
7: Double A
8: Autolycus
10: atheotes
11: KingMorgan
12: Al Sipsclar
14: Mat93
15: BSmith1068
16: choxorn

Passed into the Halls of Mandos:
5: Takhisis (Bob, a Breeland Townie)
13: Jarrema (Barliman Butterbur, a Breeland Townie)
9: Kennigit, King Aragorn Elessar II, a member of the Gondorian Delegation
4: Zack, Uruk-Hai, loyal to Mount Gundabad

So..you were telling the truth about your VC. Lied about Zack's powers. your 3rd member could also be a PR.
Anyways, Choxorn/Lassie are still my choices for Double A to kill.

I think atheotes is referring to your claim that Zack had used all his powers, when he still had one barrel left.

I understand why you're ticked, but now it seems to me you have a few options:
1) Try to take out cultists and possibly survive and win, since you are a good candidate for protection even if the cult has a kill now. Also, I'm guessing you have another partner based on "You have allied with local former agents of Saruman and orcs from Mount Gundabad" (You're the orc, so that leaves the local former agent), so your team still has a good shot. Doing this also generates goodwill, so if we eliminate the cult and then have to choose, we're more likely to choose you guys over Gondor.
2) Not use your kill out of spite.
3) Actively use your kill in an anti-town fashion out of spite. This will force us to use a lynch on you if the cultists don't/can't kill you, further hurting the town and guaranteeing that we won't look kindly on your other partner if we eliminate the cult and have to choose between you and Gondor.

Oooh, what a shock for anyone who hasnt read a single post of the threaaaaad. Bunch of fools is what we got. And to answer your question, AA, I'm on a rail trip down the Queensland coast.

I wished I could be more active, but apparently I am still more useful with a post per phase than half everyone else, so maybe it is fine.

Top Bottom