Bryan Johnson

The guy is trying to stay young.
Plenty of ways to do that.

But it's not really even that. Scrubbing his skin, going to bed both early and regularly, protecting his eyes . . . all of these things don't turn back the clock. He's just exposing his body to less damage (in a lot of the things that he's doing).

More power to him I guess, but what is that actually worth? What's he actually going to uncover other than the already-known fact of money letting you do things people with less money can't?
How expensive is it?
According to the headline of the Fortune link Bamspeedy gave us, $2m a year. Not exactly loose change, is it? Or even an investment (given the lack of guaranteed return).

It's for someone who has the money to burn. Compared a guy leaving his life up to chance, you'll find it's not actually chance, but a material difference in circumstances.

So eh. It's a bit darker that it is goofy. I hope he respects his son if the kid ever changes his mind. Autonomy and all that.

If 80% the stuff he does turns out to be nonsense and only 20% works that's still pretty good compared to a guy who just leaves his life up to chance and vague attempts to be healthy that he's absorbed from his culture.
This would assume there is zero risk, an assumption I would not make.

If you do many things at once it's hard to figure out which is working. That's true. There is no such thing as a controlled experiment in life but you still have to make choices.
So if it does work, are others encouraged to buy the two dozen medications and get blood from a minor?

Involving a minor in your 'experiment' is......well, at least I can say the minor is old enough to donate blood (in most states), so it's not as morally bankrupt as it would be if the kid was younger.

Has there never been a controlled study on the blood thing? I mean, even if there is zero reason it should work, this is an old idea for perhaps the oldest human wish.

Last edited:
So if it does work, are others encouraged to buy the two dozen medications and get blood from a minor?

Gonna say it right now, do this and I may or may not hunt you down and put a stake through your heart. Hypothetically

Gonna say it right now, do this and I may or may not hunt you down and put a stake through your heart. Hypothetically

1686185927887.png

Join my army of the dead!

Working this hard to stay young is likely to be killer. Setting accidents and overt stupidity aside, I'd put my money on genetics as pathway to an early, average or later death. Next up is good access to healthcare. Extended youth? Moderation in most things.

According to the headline of the Fortune link Bamspeedy gave us, $2m a year. Not exactly loose change, is it?
I meant the blood thing

Most of that stuff is not anything I'd be interested in, the skincare specifically. The perfected sleep I'm into that for sure (as a parent to small kids perfect sleep is a wet dream lol)
This would assume there is zero risk, an assumption I would not make.
No life is zero risk
I'd put my money on genetics as pathway to an early, average or later death
This is wrong as people who move from "blue zones" to other places lose their longevity benefit.

Same w newer generations of Okinawans who start adopting different habits.

Genetics helps obviously like having a superior car but you can still run it ragged while the guy w a hoodie can maintain his and best you

Some good analogies and very chill, necessarily attitude to the comment section that is the internet (and the comment section in our own heads)

He could easily tell people buy this supplement or this product but his main message is reduce self destructive behaviors.

I like the message "take the mind out of the equation", instead of trying to reason our way thru each and every situation as it comes up try to automate certain behaviors and activities based on best available data and ones core values ahead of time so there's less distraction, temptation and analysis paralysis when decision trees arise.

Last edited:

homegirl you can just say ur trans it’s ok. This feels like the billionaire equivalent of “i only play as the female character because the clothing options are better”
So you're mocking him because according to twitter he takes estrogen? Does that make you a transaphobe now? Or does hatred of anyone with money override trans solidarity?

IIRC he admits to taking small doses of test & hgh, this is the first I've heard he's "on estrogen". I'm sure as an impartial investigator you can give me the inside scoop.

Maybe I'm missing something, on the surface it appears she's mocking the guy for his feminine appearance & submitting a twitter post as evidence that he's trans (misgendering is the term I think). Just another day on the Internet for Bryan.

Anyway, since the thread got bumped without content-less haterade I'll post something of actual value.

I watched this a couple weeks ago. The dude is a good listener.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm missing something, on the surface it appears he's mocking the guy for his feminine appearance & submitting a twitter post as evidence that he's trans (misgendering is the term I think). Just another day on the Internet for Bryan.

Quoting for posterity lmao

Could y'all not derail the thread plz, thanks. If you've no interest other than in smearing a person there are plenty other places for that.

Moderator Action: If you have an issue with behaviour in a thread, use the Report button, rather than wading into it yourself. Thank you.

Top Bottom