[BTS] Beginning

FYI, Revolutions 1.5 is now out

It mainly fixes some bugs (including making DynamicCivNames compatible with the human player), but also makes the AI smarter when dealing with revolutions and adds a new revolution-index induced anger, just to name a few.

I'm sorry, but I have been trying for almost a week now to download this mod. I use both Explorer and Opera, but I still get the massage that there was an error processing my request every time - one week running.

I have downloaded mods from this same site before and it always worked, but now, nothing?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the quick response. Worked like a charm!

I downloaded beginning 16 full with patch A, then I updated to patch B and now patch C. The game crashes after some 50 turns or so, I tried to start a new game several times with different civs and the game still crashes?!?!

I guess it has something to do with the new revolution 1.52?

I guess it has something to do with the new revolution 1.52?

sorry for the doublepost, havent figured out how to remove this one

I get a crash too. I get up to 840 AD. I get a crash the turn after I move into the industrial age. I am using the latest Beginning with the C patch, 34 dll on a huge custom earth map, so maybe the crash has something to do with the size.

I also got a crash with a similar setup on the previous version of In the Beginning, but it came somewhat earlier, sometime around 300 AD or so, so much before I had reached industrial.

I will try to send you a save game of the latest crash a little later if you like.

Anyway, I must say, that I really like your mod!

Keep up the good work, and thanks!

By the way. Think it would be good to decrease scales of Dale's battle effects from 1 to 0.3. Now they're too large. Smoke hiding half a map is not a good thing. I tried to decrease its scale to 0.3. Now it looks much better.

I am downloading the patch right now! I will set up a game on a non custom map and keep my fingers crossed.

lex kravetski: I allready had battle effects turned off due to the smoke you described earlier...so annoying you can't see anything, but I will try to decrease the smoke scale and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Patch D seems to have fix the CTD, ive played through medieval, renaissance and now im on industrial age without a singel CTD. Hope I can finish a game for the first time with your mod Roamty.

Keep up the good work with the mod!

Thanks for the fast update!

Just one thing: Many files don't automatically overwrite since the files in this patch just read 'Beginning' instead of 'Beginning.16'

edit: Ouchies. XML errors aplenty! Seems to be much more than a cosmetic issue. ;) I've tried adding .16 to the appropriate files but I seem to have some extra gremlins in my mod now. :) Methinks I'll have to delete and reinstall mod when the gremlins get squished.

Thanks for the fast update!

Just one thing: Many files don't automatically overwrite since the files in this patch just read 'Beginning' instead of 'Beginning.16'

edit: Ouchies. XML errors aplenty! Seems to be much more than a cosmetic issue. ;) I've tried adding .16 to the appropriate files but I seem to have some extra gremlins in my mod now. :) Methinks I'll have to delete and reinstall mod when the gremlins get squished.
Beginning is not to be use with Beginning.16
Beginning.16 was made only for 3.13 and I will not be updating it to the new patch 3.17
Beginning is a new version and is made for 3.17

hey roamty,
love all the next war options you have given us with your awesome mod.

i have a question though... rescently arma added a few new religions (egyptian, greek, nordic, and mesoamerican) to his mega mod arma modpak 3.11.....
is it possible arma would let you merge those religions with your mod? could you merge it?
i think their addition would be a great asset. they come with buildings and everything.:goodjob:

Top Bottom