[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Thanks so much for the help! :)

Is there any way to add Dale's Combat mod to an existing mod without totally reworking it? Meaning... I want to add this to Amra's mod pack, but I have no clue about XML stuff.

Is there any way to add Dale's Combat mod to an existing mod without totally reworking it? Meaning... I want to add this to Amra's mod pack, but I have no clue about XML stuff.

If the mod you're merging DCM into does not use the same XML files I use, then yes just drag 'n drop (easy). But if that mod modifies the same XML files I modify, then you've got some work ahead of you.

Unfortunately, the concepts in DCM are not able to be made modular.

If the mod you're merging DCM into does not use the same XML files I use, then yes just drag 'n drop (easy). But if that mod modifies the same XML files I modify, then you've got some work ahead of you.

Unfortunately, the concepts in DCM are not able to be made modular.

So not even a moderator could modulate, modify or modernize the mod to make it modular ... Would you, could you in a house? Would you could you with a mouse?:lol::hammer2:

Seriously, you provide patient explanations, you do great work, and if we were in Real Life I'd buy you a case of beer as a token of my appreciation :beer:

Question: what do each of the DCM aircombat missions 1 through 5 refer to in the XML for air units, I'm trying to mod one out of a unit, and unsure what I"m modding out.

Mission 1: Airbomb defenses
Mission 2: Airbomb Civil buildings
Mission 3: Airbomb Production buildings
Mission 4: Airbomb Port
Mission 5: Strategic airbomb

A number of new XML tags have been added to certain files, please merge carefully into your own Mods. I suggest using WinMerge to help, as I will only provide "Best Effort" support of merging into your own Mods.

Dale,

are these all the flags?
Spoiler :
<bDCMAirBomb1>1</bDCMAirBomb1>
<bDCMAirBomb2>0</bDCMAirBomb2>
<bDCMAirBomb3>0</bDCMAirBomb3>
<bDCMAirBomb4>1</bDCMAirBomb4>
<bDCMAirBomb5>0</bDCMAirBomb5>

IIRC correctly they are not optional and I have to add them to every unit. Is that correct?

I've listed all the tags for the mod in one of my posts. Just not sure where. Probably around page 10. Sorry mate.

sorry if this has been brought up before, but the search function is a bit unfriendly. I downloaded your mod and found that it adds so many excellent components to the game that its hard to play any other mod or even regular civ anymore. Now that the flattery is over, the problem :king:

When the AI or myself attempts an amphibious landing against a defended city with a stack of units the game crashes to windows. I've tried every other stack attack there is but it seems to only happen when attempting an amphibious landing specifically against a city. I have the latest version of BTS, your mod and DirectX. Any suggestions?

Tks in advance

--> Dale

So far I found no evidence that the AI actually uses the FEngage routine. I've had stacks of undefended bombers sitting in cities turn after turn within close proximity of enemy fighters. I have yet to see any one of these bombers get damaged or destroyed.

--> Dale

So far I found no evidence that the AI actually uses the FEngage routine. I've had stacks of undefended bombers sitting in cities turn after turn within close proximity of enemy fighters. I have yet to see any one of these bombers get damaged or destroyed.

You'll see in the code in ::AI_FEngage() that there is a log comment commented out. Get rid of the comment marks recompile and you'll see that message popping up indicating the AI is performing FEngages. :)

hi dale,

just wanted to reccomend on something,

ripple, of civfusion, did some really nice work with you code,

he added the complete autoaiplay,
and also added revolution mod, also awesome stuff as you probably know,

maybe you can have a look to include on your next release.

if not...well just a thought :)

kel.

sorry if this has been brought up before, but the search function is a bit unfriendly. I downloaded your mod and found that it adds so many excellent components to the game that its hard to play any other mod or even regular civ anymore. Now that the flattery is over, the problem :king:

When the AI or myself attempts an amphibious landing against a defended city with a stack of units the game crashes to windows. I've tried every other stack attack there is but it seems to only happen when attempting an amphibious landing specifically against a city. I have the latest version of BTS, your mod and DirectX. Any suggestions?

Tks in advance

Can't replicate in the upcoming version, so assuming fixed. :)

Since it looks like the patch isn't on the horizon yet, I'll try to get 1.4 out in the next few days. :)

Since it looks like the patch isn't on the horizon yet, I'll try to get 1.4 out in the next few days. :)

Hey Dale, what does "on the horizon" mean? Does that mean within the next week? Or within the next month?

Also Dale, I haven't started looking through your code yet, but I have some questions about it:

DCM specific code, is that necessary for any of the components to run (like basic code needed for whichever one(s) you plan on using), or can the specific components run without it?

And for SA, have you considered separating the comments between the components involved? I like Opportunity Fire, but I have no use for CASA or Active Defense... Ideally Ranged Bombard, Opportunity Fire, and Archer Bombard are all I really have use for, but if SA groups Opportunity Fire with CASA and Active Defense, it seems like it'll be a pain in the ass deciphering what code belongs to which component.

Top Bottom