1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Dale, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Dale

Dale Deity

Well aside from the obvious project and buildings changes, and the new artwork for the MHP, there's a new XML tag for the building DCMNukesOkay which needs a couple of SDK edits.

2. Dale

Dale Deity

Only need to check the XML tags.

3. CivFanCCS

CivFanCCS Warlord

Dale, ny eta when ctd will be resolved?

Seeing how you have much experience with sdk, is it possible to add the following functionality:

I would like the ability to sell units to other civs in the later game. I no ppl have implemented mercenary mods (much credit to them), such as in Rhyes and Fall of Civilization, but I really don't like this approach, as it is not very realistic. Could a developer using the existing events framework, create player/AI triggered event, via a button that would offer to all Civs (with at least decent standing toward the offering Civ) a certain type of unit (which is build-able by the player) , in a predetermined quantity, for a pre-determined amount of gold. (Definable in units_xml file.) Where the offering civ would then select what civ to make the agreement with. The offering Civ would have 20+- turns to fulfill the deal. (IE build that unit type.. it would automatically appear in the "buying" Civ's capitol.

Is it feasible?

Thanks
    CivFanCCS

4. glider1

glider1 Deity

Big thanks to you oh great Dale, for releasing 1.5. So far heaps of fun and I do perceive some improvements. Stack attacks seem more stable too if not perfect. You are the one! I have merged it into RevolutionDCM if anyone wants to enjoy Jdog and Dom Pedro's great work as well.
    Cheers mate!

5. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Now...to disable those pop-ups in the beginning, I have to go to the ini file, right? I'm not a fan of civ customization (at least not yet).

I started a game with this mod on contenents...holy #$%^! I have like 12 civs on my continent and another 6 on the eastern continent! There's war everywhere, lol! What a blast!!!

6. Dale

Dale Deity

Hehehe...... I probably shoulda mentioned I upped the number of Civs to 36, and re-did the World infos to accomodate many more Civs (ie: Huge = 30 Civs). ;)

To disable the Customiser popups, just open GlobalDefinesAlt.xml and change the relevant entry to 0 (zero).

7. General Tso

General Tso Panzer General

Dale,
    Thanks for all the work you put into this great project. I plan on getting back to a mod I was working on, and you’re combat mod will be a main part of it.

8. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

Have you included the mission continue after intercept from RtW yet?

9. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Hi Dale,

I play tested early combat in the latest version last night and this is what I discovered:

1. Battle solutions sometimes freeze up the screen to the point where all I could do is save and restart the game. This is an old bug that still exists. :help:

2. During a major attacks on different cities, using multiple units, battle solutions crashed the game – three different times! :gripe:

3. I like being able to choose the many different options at the start of the game. :) However, instead of popup screens, how about adding the options to the Civ4 Custom Game Screen settings and options lists?

4. Civ4 with this mod installed is so addictive. I just love it. :goodjob:

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

10. avain

avain (key)

When you are talking about "battle solutions", you mean Stack Attack?

11. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Yes. I am attacking a city, with a multitude of different units, from a single square. The game crashed 3 times on 3 separate attacks on 3 different cities.

Orion Veteran :cool:

12. Dale

Dale Deity

Nothing I can do with the rest of the slowdown. This is an animation thing. Though you must have a low-end PC as nearly everyone else only has to wait a few seconds. ;)

Where are the saves? Nothing I can without saves.

Not the way I do. The civ/leader needs to be there first before customiser can modify it.

Thanks. :)

13. dasvidania

dasvidania Warlord

Hi Dale, i use your mod with another one but I have an error message when i load mod kind:
    Tag: TECH_BIOLOGICAL_WARFARE in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml.

I can't update another mod with this one?

14. Dale

Dale Deity

dasvidania the other mod will have to be merged with DCM. There is no other way. It's not a case of just copy the files into DCM or vice-versa.

15. dasvidania

dasvidania Warlord

Ok, thanks a lot.
    Is there a tools to merge two o plus mod?

16. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

I use WinMerge and Compare It! for combining .xml and python files. You'll need a good grasp on basic Civ4 modding before you can reliably combine mods, though.

P.S.
    Dale, you still haven't answered my previous question (post #548).

17. Thomas SG

Thomas SG CCV-designer

Dear Dale,

may I ask you for a mini-mod? I tried to make the MHP a team or national project but failed. I don't like the idea that if you loose a special city you loose the ability to build nukes. That's the reason why I don't want it to be a national wonder.

Can you design a mini-mod that makes the MHP a national project that only allows a civ that build it to construct nukes? Why did you make it a national wonder and not a project?

Thomas

18. Dale

Dale Deity

Can't remember. lol. I'm fairly sure I did. :)

19. Dale

Dale Deity

Because the MHP relies on certain infrastructure to exist (accellerators, laboratories, chain reactors, heavy water plants, etc). So instead of filling the build queue with heaps of buildings it is simulated through one building, as the loss of one of the required infrastructure buildings renders a nuclear program halted.

Thus, a national wonder which is essentially a building, as opposed to a project which has no tangible location.

It also provides greater strategic depth as it allows someone to "target your enemies nuclear program".

PS: You may notice in RtW the nuclear program is simulated by laboratories, chain reactors and MHP. A civ requires all three buildings to exist in cities to be able to build nuclear weapons (among other requirements).

20. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

MHP doesn't require a specific tech so it is available from the beginning in city buildings roaster. It is dimmed however for lack of Aluminum which it requires. Not really a big deal though weird.