[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

I have already explained how most of this will work. The mod is being released with the Sioux, Iroquois, Franks, Polynesians, Israelites, and Vietnamese as new civs. Module Pack I will be released at the same time as the mod and that will have Nubia, Hungary, Phoenicia and the Teutonic Order.

The other module packs, which are pretty much finished and just have to be upgraded a little will be released in order afterwards.

Then I will be making the DELUXE EDITION of the mod which will have all of the modular civs, plus some new ones in it as well as new traits, civics, features etc. Which is why it is called the DELUXE EDITION.

I am not going to repeat this again. I have said it over and over again, and if anyone else asks I will just ignore you. Have a nice day.

:)

As of this moment the download file is no longer available on Filefront. FYI. Are there any mirrors?

As of this moment the download file is no longer available on Filefront. FYI. Are there any mirrors?

The mod is no longer available because it is outdated, I am making a new one for 3.19, which is what we are discussing in this thread right now.

I have already explained how most of this will work. The mod is being released with the Sioux, Iroquois, Franks, Polynesians, Israelites, and Vietnamese as new civs. Module Pack I will be released at the same time as the mod and that will have Nubia, Hungary, Phoenicia and the Teutonic Order.

The other module packs, which are pretty much finished and just have to be upgraded a little will be released in order afterwards.

Then I will be making the DELUXE EDITION of the mod which will have all of the modular civs, plus some new ones in it as well as new traits, civics, features etc. Which is why it is called the DELUXE EDITION.

I am not going to repeat this again. I have said it over and over again, and if anyone else asks I will just ignore you. Have a nice day.

:)

Fair enough :)
I wont bring it up again. But if i may ask one last question regarding this subject, just out of curiosity: Why did u decided to incorporate these civs (Izrael, Polynesia and Vietnam) in the main version, and not in one of the module packs?

Fair enough :)
I wont bring it up again. But if i may ask one last question regarding this subject, just out of curiosity: Why did u decided to incorporate these civs (Izrael, Polynesia and Vietnam) in the main version, and not in one of the module packs?

Good question. The original mod had the Iroquois and Israel as the new civilizations. The reason I added the Isrealites was because I added seven new religions and figured that at least one civ should have Judaism as its favorite religion since it would be rare that the AI would choose it, and thus it would probably rarely show up. The Iroquois were added because I figured (a) the Native American civ was stupid, and (b) since the Sioux and Iroquois were both former Civilizations I should add them as sort of homage to their old civs. Which was why I kept the Civ IV Native color (brown) for the Sioux, and then the color of both the former Civ II Sioux Civ, and Civ III Iroquois went to the Iroquois (purple).

The same reasons for those civs apply to this mod. As for the Vietnamese, Polynesians and Franks (I know you didn't mention them but I'll explain that too); the Vietnamese are being added because a lot of CFC buddies of mine have done some excellent stuff for Vietnam and I felt it would be a nice homage to them. Plus it is all quality work (Bakuel's Vietnamese units, GeoModder's SE Asian citystyles, Ekmek's Trung Sisters, AZ's Vietnamese GGS who are also the Trung sisters, and of course MadmanOfALeader's great flags) not to mention there was just such a wealth of Vietnamese units out there that the civ would not only look great but would look like Firaxis made it themselves!

Polynesia is being added because I think its a cool civ, as before there is some great art out there and I made a Kamehameha and Salamasina LH as well. So I figured it would be a great way to include some of my work, and not to mention I personally wanted the civ in my game so I am forcing it on everyone else. :goodjob:

The Franks were originally going to be part of a module pack, but it occured to me that it is pretty stupid to have the HRE in the game to begin with. The only reason they added them, at least in my opinion, is to give Charlemagne something to do other than play his mod/scenario. I figured this would be a better use; giving the Franks their own civ. I mean the HRE isn't really Frankish, and is German to a point but isn't entirely German. Not only that it was hardly even a civilization but a collection of different "Civilizations" (in a sense). This way it is more streamlined. When you consider that I have civs like Austria, Italy, Netherlands etc. in a mod it becomes even more ridiculous to keep the HRE in as a civ.

Plus the new mod will be released WITH Module Pack I. Which is a straight upgrade of the original module pack one (which will be the only module pack featuring four civs, the rest will have six and above). In that one I added Phoenicia because I wanted it, I added Nubia to add a new African civ, Hungary was a request by OzzyKP who is a budy of mine from Apolyton and the Teutonic Order was requested by Vampeglus, another buddy from Apolyton.

Hmm, in those extra modpacks (or modulepacks hehe) i think you should give more attention to Africa.

I'm making a Swahili civ which just needs leaderheads, and a UB.

Kongo just needs better Leaderheads imo.

Hmm, in those extra modpacks (or modulepacks hehe) i think you should give more attention to Africa.

I'm making a Swahili civ which just needs leaderheads, and a UB.

I don't know about that. In the two non-themed packs I released previously there were two African civs. If you compare that to other regions it is either fair or better than most. Not to mention on a world map situation Africa isn't that great a starting spot and if you throw every civ in there including mine (Mali, Songhai, Carthage, Egypt, Nubia, Ethiopia, Congo and Zulu) it starts to get pretty cramped. I am adding the Ashanti though if that makes you feel better.

And of course you responded to your own comment when you said that Kongo needs better LHs. Show me some good art for Africa and I'll make the civs. There just isn't the material there. So if I half-assed it you'd be telling me I need better art, if I use what I have you tell me I need more civs... its a catch-22.

You don't have to include every civ in a World map. (or else Europe and Arabia is screwed up)

IMO the Ashanti were to minor :p

I see what you mean, and I want to try to learn how to make leaderheads so I can fulfil my own requests, and a quick google search of some random Congo leaders:

Spoiler :
Nimi:

Probably fantasy, but who cares, it would look good.

Alvaro II of Kongo:

Made by Europeans and i'm guessing upon hearing the portuguese name, they decided to make the king whiter. But one of his ancestors married the brother of a king of Portugal or something according to some random Angola site. :p

Garcia II:

Good enough image. Black Charlemagne.

I'm sure the Arabs took record of Swahili leaders to.

What do you say? :p

I put it in Spoilers as I didn't want to spam your thread.

Thanks for the spoiler, although I don't consider that spam. Those look good, but for now I am going to pass on doing them until I actually get around to updating Module Pack II. And I was mistaken in what I said before. In the two non-themed packs I released there were THREE African civs (out of ten total), which makes Africa the MOST REPRESENTED area in my module packs. Thanks for accusing me of ignoring them though. ;)

Mongolia is next. I actually made some Mongolian Industrial units a while ago so I thought I'd be able to breeze through them. But then I saw THESE GUYS!!!! :eek:

Man, if I can pull this off they are going to be :):):):)ing awesome. If mechaerik and achilleszero see this please help! I'm sure I'll need it! ;)

Well, I'll see how possible these units are, I can't promise anything though. I was hoping to finish up the base civs tonight, but now it looks like I've stumbled into another project. Oh well, quality above speed!

Wish me luck.

Wait, wait. New traits?

Wait, wait. New traits?

Ugh, I'm sorry to be an ass but this is getting tiresome. Please do not join the "let's bug the Capo about something that he isn't going to do for another four months" crowd please.

That will be in the Deluxe Edition, and I have no answers for you because I won't be working on that for a while.

Well, I didn't want just to come here and promise stuff, but if you've been to Ekmek's tutorial thread last week you probably know that I had some shader issues with Vasa, Henry and the Congo leader from the modpack that added Congo. You use him as Nimi, but I decided to use him as another leader- Joao I, mainly because there much more info about this guy and even a picture. I don't know if you know it, Capo, but the Nimi you put in the modpack has serious shader issues (and you can't even remove the shaders since then you get a floating hat and necklace). You can see screencaps I took of the error in Ekmek's tutorial thread, as I a already mentioned.
Therefore... I think I'm gonna have to make a new Congo leader, so Capo, don't worry about it! You still owe us Cetshwayo, though...:)

Alright, well since AZ and I have to work on the Mongolian Industrial units I should at least plan out the Franks a bit more. There are a few issues here;

1) What does everyone think about my idea to make their UU the Paladin since the Francisca thrower is out of the picture?

2) Should I keep the Rathaus or change the UB to something else?

3) In my old mod I used Austrian art for the HRE. What should I use now for the Franks in the Industrial and modern eras? Should I still use the Austrian stuff or go with something different?

EDIT: now that I'm reading up on it, I'm surprised Firaxis didn't call the HRE the Franks to begin with.

I don't know about the Franks that much, so I can't comment on the UB.

What are you thinking for medieval/modern units?

The Rathaus actually works as a Frankish UB, so I'll keep that. I still haven't got any responses (even a negative one) about the Paladin and I believe I initially asked about it two or three pages ago!

Bakuel has already made medieval Franks, so I only have to worry about Industrial and Modern units. I am probably going to use some Austrian units simply because the colorscheme fits well and there isn't anything to go on at all. I certainly don't want to use French or German units since I am trying to avoid overlap. Its fine in the deluxe edition and modules because there are so many civs unit-flavor-overlap is bound to occur.

Here's the Frankish city list- add it to the place where you saved my city lists:
Spoiler :
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_AACHEN</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_REIMS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOULOUSE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SOISSONS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ORLEANS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARIS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_METZ</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_COLOGNE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_FULDA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOURNAI</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TERTRY</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NANTES</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOURS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_STRASBOURG</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_POITIERS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BORDEAUX</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VOUILLE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_AUTUN</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_LYON</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_GENEVA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RONCEVAUX</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_REGENSBURG</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PAVIA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MILAN</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BARCELONA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SALZBURG</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RAVENNA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SPOLETTO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ROME</City>

Spoiler :
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_AACHEN</Tag>
<English>Aachen</English>
<French>Aachen</French>
<German>Aachen</German>
<Italian>Aachen</Italian>
<Spanish>Aachen</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_REIMS</Tag>
<English>Reims</English>
<French>Reims</French>
<German>Reims</German>
<Italian>Reims</Italian>
<Spanish>Reims</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOULOUSE</Tag>
<English>Toulouse</English>
<French>Toulouse</French>
<German>Toulouse</German>
<Italian>Toulouse</Italian>
<Spanish>Toulouse</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SOISSONS</Tag>
<English>Soissons</English>
<French>Soissons</French>
<German>Soissons</German>
<Italian>Soissons</Italian>
<Spanish>Soissons</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ORLEANS</Tag>
<English>Orleans</English>
<French>Orleans</French>
<German>Orleans</German>
<Italian>Orleans</Italian>
<Spanish>Orleans</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARIS</Tag>
<English>Paris</English>
<French>Paris</French>
<German>Paris</German>
<Italian>Paris</Italian>
<Spanish>Paris</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_METZ</Tag>
<English>Metz</English>
<French>Metz</French>
<German>Metz</German>
<Italian>Metz</Italian>
<Spanish>Metz</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_COLOGNE</Tag>
<English>Cologne</English>
<French>Cologne</French>
<German>Cologne</German>
<Italian>Cologne</Italian>
<Spanish>Cologne</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_FULDA</Tag>
<English>Fulda</English>
<French>Fulda</French>
<German>Fulda</German>
<Italian>Fulda</Italian>
<Spanish>Fulda</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOURNAI</Tag>
<English>Tournai</English>
<French>Tournai</French>
<German>Tournai</German>
<Italian>Tournai</Italian>
<Spanish>Tournai</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TERTRY</Tag>
<English>Tertry</English>
<French>Tertry</French>
<German>Tertry</German>
<Italian>Tertry</Italian>
<Spanish>Tertry</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NANTES</Tag>
<English>Nantes</English>
<French>Nantes</French>
<German>Nantes</German>
<Italian>Nantes</Italian>
<Spanish>Nantes</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOURS</Tag>
<English>Tours</English>
<French>Tours</French>
<German>Tours</German>
<Italian>Tours</Italian>
<Spanish>Tours</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_STRASBOURG</Tag>
<English>Strasbourg</English>
<French>Strasbourg</French>
<German>Strasbourg</German>
<Italian>Strasbourg</Italian>
<Spanish>Strasbourg</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_POITIERS</Tag>
<English>Poitiers</English>
<French>Poitiers</French>
<German>Poitiers</German>
<Italian>Poitiers</Italian>
<Spanish>Poitiers</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BORDEAUX</Tag>
<English>Bordeaux</English>
<French>Bordeaux</French>
<German>Bordeaux</German>
<Italian>Bordeaux</Italian>
<Spanish>Bordeaux</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VOUILLE</Tag>
<English>Vouille</English>
<French>Vouille</French>
<German>Vouille</German>
<Italian>Vouille</Italian>
<Spanish>Vouille</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_AUTUN</Tag>
<English>Autun</English>
<French>Autun</French>
<German>Autun</German>
<Italian>Autun</Italian>
<Spanish>Autun</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_LYON</Tag>
<English>Lyon</English>
<French>Lyon</French>
<German>Lyon</German>
<Italian>Lyon</Italian>
<Spanish>Lyon</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_GENEVA</Tag>
<English>Geneva</English>
<French>Geneva</French>
<German>Geneva</German>
<Italian>Geneva</Italian>
<Spanish>Geneva</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RONCEVAUX</Tag>
<English>Roncevaux</English>
<French>Roncevaux</French>
<German>Roncevaux</German>
<Italian>Roncevaux</Italian>
<Spanish>Roncevaux</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_REGENSBURG</Tag>
<English>Regensburg</English>
<French>Regensburg</French>
<German>Regensburg</German>
<Italian>Regensburg</Italian>
<Spanish>Regensburg</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PAVIA</Tag>
<English>Pavia</English>
<French>Pavia</French>
<German>Pavia</German>
<Italian>Pavia</Italian>
<Spanish>Pavia</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MILAN</Tag>
<English>Milan</English>
<French>Milan</French>
<German>Milan</German>
<Italian>Milan</Italian>
<Spanish>Milan</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BARCELONA</Tag>
<English>Barcelona</English>
<French>Barcelona</French>
<German>Barcelona</German>
<Italian>Barcelona</Italian>
<Spanish>Barcelona</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SALZBURG</Tag>
<English>Salzburg</English>
<French>Salzburg</French>
<German>Salzburg</German>
<Italian>Salzburg</Italian>
<Spanish>Salzburg</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RAVENNA</Tag>
<English>Ravenna</English>
<French>Ravenna</French>
<German>Ravenna</German>
<Italian>Ravenna</Italian>
<Spanish>Ravenna</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SPOLETTO</Tag>
<English>Spoletto</English>
<French>Spoletto</French>
<German>Spoletto</German>
<Italian>Spoletto</Italian>
<Spanish>Spoletto</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ROME</Tag>
<English>Rome</English>
<French>Rome</French>
<German>Rome</German>
<Italian>Rome</Italian>
<Spanish>Rome</Spanish>
</TEXT>

How about something French or German, but different from what you have?

Top Bottom