[BtS] Diversica

That is great!

Thanks for this great Merge with RevDCM. RevDCM + Art + Civs = Win.

you are welcome, glad you like it :)

edit: oh and just a question, do you have plans on adding more civs in the future?

This mostly depends on what civ-specific units and leaderheads are out there. If / when Bakuel releases new unit sets and I find a suitable leaderhead (i.e. I like it quality wise), I will add the civ. Not necessarily right away, but as I find time.

So there is no specific civ out there I have plans for adding, but new civs will get added.

I understand.

Another short question. Which Revolution.ini should I use? The one in the "Regular" Diversica mod folder or the one in the "My Documents" Diversica mod folder?

Whichever one works for you ;) A while ago I had some issues when some config files were not in the mod directory, so I kept them in there. Worst case, change them both (i.e. change one and copy it over the other).

Alright I will update them both, thanks.

Another thing I noticed regarding the module structure. I am new to this so I am not sure if this is a real error or just a "layout error".
In Modules\CIVFixes the CIV4*.XML files are named Fixes_CIV4*.XML. Should they not be named CIVFixes_CIV4*.XML?

Another thing I noticed regarding the module structure. I am new to this so I am not sure if this is a real error or just a "layout error".
In Modules\CIVFixes the CIV4*.XML files are named Fixes_CIV4*.XML. Should they not be named CIVFixes_CIV4*.XML?

Both the structure (i.e. directory hierarchy) and filenames can be very flexible. There is nothing wrong with the files being named the way they are.

You can name them CIVFixes_..., Fixes_... or Whatever_..., there is no need for them to have a specific name (identical name to the directory).

Ok thanks, good to know!

EDIT
I am running the mod just fine but I cant get the ChangePlayer to work. I can automate turns with ctrl+shift+x but ctrl+shift+L/Z does not work. Is there something wrong or do I need to turn it on somewhere?

Some bug reporting.

The plotlist unit icons are not displaying the info text but instead just says "could not find txt_key_ple_* etc".

I am running the mod just fine but I cant get the ChangePlayer to work. I can automate turns with ctrl+shift+x but ctrl+shift+L/Z does not work. Is there something wrong or do I need to turn it on somewhere?

hm, never used that, don't think I can disable that anywhere either.

The plotlist unit icons are not displaying the info text but instead just says "could not find txt_key_ple_* etc".

Move CIV4PlotListEnhancementsInfo.xml from Assets\Modules\RevDCM\BUG to Assets\XML\Text, that should fix it.

Ok great. Thanks for pointing me to the file. I renamed it PlotListEnhancementsInfo_CIV4GameText.xml instead of moving it though.

I have been playing some now and it is really great.

I found some other things not working correctly.

1. A big issue with the Foreign advisor. The Resources tab is not working at all and once you click it the options to switch to another tab disappears until you restart CIV4. You can exit the foreign advisor screen though and play on.

2. An issue which I assume is a WoC issue. When you mod <iYields> for a feature or terrain a value !=0 always overrides a value =0. This goes both ways BTSOriginal <-> Module. I have not noticed the problem elsewhere but maybe someone who understands the mechanics at work knows if this might cause problems elsewhere aswell.

3. Just a small bug which I also reported in RevDCM. I get a message saying <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x6B2D1378>>. I get these every few turns sometimes more but it does not break the game. Got a clue what it is?

1. A big issue with the Foreign advisor. The Resources tab is not working at all and once you click it the options to switch to another tab disappears until you restart CIV4. You can exit the foreign advisor screen though and play on.

this probably also is an issue with modular xml, some Python stuff really does not like modular xml....

2. An issue which I assume is a WoC issue. When you mod <iYields> for a feature or terrain a value !=0 always overrides a value =0. This goes both ways BTSOriginal <-> Module. I have not noticed the problem elsewhere but maybe someone who understands the mechanics at work knows if this might cause problems elsewhere aswell.

yes, that is WoC, you should be able to overwrite the standard file in the Assets/XML folder though, I believe, just not in Modules

3. Just a small bug which I also reported in RevDCM. I get a message saying <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x6B2D1378>>. I get these every few turns sometimes more but it does not break the game. Got a clue what it is?

no idea

this probably also is an issue with modular xml, some Python stuff really does not like modular xml....

Is this something that you or someone is working to solve? I wondering cause I would like to continue with Diversica knowing that someone is on them, even if it takes time. I can't do it myself. Not yet atleast.

yes, that is WoC, you should be able to overwrite the standard file in the Assets/XML folder though, I believe, just not in Modules

Yes I did change the original instead for this.

Is this something that you or someone is working to solve? I wondering cause I would like to continue with Diversica knowing that someone is on them, even if it takes time. I can't do it myself. Not yet atleast.

hm, just checked that, this looks different from what I expected, I assume this somehow is a mistake I introduced, will have to look into that

EDIT: no idea how I would have introduced it, all relevant Python files are identical.

EDIT 2 : must be something about how I modularized RevDCM, will have to look into that

Alright. Please keep me updated if you solve the problem.

Regarding the other error I reported about:
<bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x6B2D1378>>

I traced it back to RebelTypes.py. Either the file is not working properly or more likely with regard to what you said earlier, WoC is not handling it properly. When I set RebelTypes = False in the revolution.ini the game properly spawns rebels based on the Artstyle I assume. When RebelTypes = True is set, no rebels are spawned at all but instead the mentioned error message is displayed.

(also while looking through RebelTypes.py I found a tiny error. "RebelTypeList[iBerber" missing the "]" at the end.)

edit: At the moment it seems that the problem actually is in the Diversica version of RebelTypes.py. I replaced it with the standard RevDCM version and things seems to work. I will make some more tests.

I traced it back to RebelTypes.py. Either the file is not working properly or more likely with regard to what you said earlier, WoC is not handling it properly. When I set RebelTypes = False in the revolution.ini the game properly spawns rebels based on the Artstyle I assume. When RebelTypes = True is set, no rebels are spawned at all but instead the mentioned error message is displayed.

(also while looking through RebelTypes.py I found a tiny error. "RebelTypeList[iBerber" missing the "]" at the end.)

edit: At the moment it seems that the problem actually is in the Diversica version of RebelTypes.py. I replaced it with the standard RevDCM version and things seems to work. I will make some more tests.

Could the missing ']' be causing that error ? I certainly think it could have, will have to check...

Thanks for your debugging help :)

EDIT: did not get the error any more, so I guess that is what caused it

Seems that was the only issue :)

I have a question regarding adding civs. Is it hard to convert civs so that they work as in Diversica WoC structure? I am thinking of converting Civ GOLD civs for example. I do not really know where to start except for the basics that I need to add info for BBAI, RebelTypes, Inquisitions etc.

Also if you could point me in some direction regarding the Domestic Advisor not working maybe I can help out.

Seems that was the only issue :)

good, solved it on my side too

I have a question regarding adding civs. Is it hard to convert civs so that they work as in Diversica WoC structure? I am thinking of converting Civ GOLD civs for example. I do not really know where to start except for the basics that I need to add info for BBAI, RebelTypes, Inquisitions etc.

Converting civs is easy, in fact any Civ Gold civ should work right out of the box, as they are modular. Converting them to WoC format makes them somewhat more modular (most of which I do not even use, other than optional leaderhead packs), but is not really needed.

As you said, you have to / should add them to the RebelTypes, I don't think you need to add them anywhere else (at least I did not...).
You will need some of the new RevDCM tags however (BBAI for leaderheads), maybe that is what you meant.

On top of that, you might want to use some of the unit artstyles / citystyles I added / included, instead of using the Civ Gold ones.

Finally, you need to change the MLF info, to include the directory you are putting the new civ in and a separate MLF file for every directory in the civ that includes sub-directories, see e.g. Assets\Modules\Civilizations\Poland.

If you keep everything in one dir (also an option), you obviously only have to change the MLF of the dir to which you add your civ

Also if you could point me in some direction regarding the Domestic Advisor not working maybe I can help out.

Not really, it definitely is in the way I modularized RevDCM, not any of the stuff I added on top of that. Other than that I did not manage to take a closer look yet.

So if you want to take a look, simply delete all Assets\Modules dirs, other than Assets\Modules\RevDCM and Assets\Modules\CIVFixes, as these two contain RevDCM data I changed from Assets\XML to a modular format.

Whatever the error is, it is in how I modularized it or the fact that I did it at all (i.e. it cannot be modularized).

.. deleted

Are all the .xml files in Modules named .txt meant to be inactivated?

Have you added BBAI Victory Conditions for the Diversica Civs? Could not find it except that the BBAI_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.txt (inactivated) had empty entrances for the custom leaders and that the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in Assets/XML only values had for the original civs.

.. deleted

Are all the .xml files in Modules named .txt meant to be inactivated?

Have you added BBAI Victory Conditions for the Diversica Civs? Could not find it except that the BBAI_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.txt (inactivated) had empty entrances for the custom leaders and that the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in Assets/XML only values had for the original civs.

Yes, at least I am not aware of any that should be active ;)

The BBAI tags are in the respective leaderheads (Assets\Modules\Leaderheads or within the new civ), as they were not optional.

Alright thanks. Maybe you can help me out with another structure question.

Regarding
Modules/ArtStyles/Civilization
Modules/ArtStyles/Ethnic

In "Civilization" there is units for every single Diversica civ and in "Ethnic" there is units for different ethnic groups.
Yet in Modules/Civilizations/ the regular CIV4 civs and the Diversica civs differ in their X_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml regarding the lines:
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_YYY</ArtStyleType>
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_YYY</UnitArtStyleType>

All the regular CIV4 civs use their civ specific ARTSTYLE while the new Diversica civs use the ethnic specific ARTSTYLE.

Why?

EDIT: Also the X_CIV4CivilizationInfos seem to have alot of errors in using <UnitArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_X</..> instead of <ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_X</..>.

Alright thanks. Maybe you can help me out with another structure question.

Regarding
Modules/ArtStyles/Civilization
Modules/ArtStyles/Ethnic

In "Civilization" there is units for every single Diversica civ and in "Ethnic" there is units for different ethnic groups.

correct

Yet in Modules/Civilizations/ the regular CIV4 civs and the Diversica civs differ in their X_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml regarding the lines:
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_YYY</ArtStyleType>
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_YYY</UnitArtStyleType>

All the regular CIV4 civs use their civ specific ARTSTYLE while the new Diversica civs use the ethnic specific ARTSTYLE.

each civ should (the cases you noted are mistakes) have a civ-specific UNIT_ARTSTYLE and an 'ethnic' ARTSTYLE.

Whenever they use a non-standard type, that is at the end of the definition with a standard type at the beginning (i.e. where it is in regular xml).

Top Bottom