1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Diversica

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by mamba, Aug 24, 2007.

1. apelsinlax

apelsinlax Chieftain

Ok. So lets see if I got this right. I am trying to learn something here at the same time so please bear with me :)

------------------------------------------------------
    1. <ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_X</ArtStyleType>

Here is X is chosen from the values defined in Diversica/Assets/XML/GlobalTypes.xml under <ArtStyleTypes>. You can pick an original CIV4 ArtStyle or one of the new ones.

(If you check the GlobalTypes.xml, what is up with the lines such as "<!-- ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_CRESCENT</ArtStyleType -->" ? If these are only meant as descriptions of original ArtStyleTypes they are more confusing than informing. Unlike the comment showing where the new ArtStyles begin.)

(Where are the actual definitions of the ArtStyleTypes taking place i.e. where is the information that points an ArtStyleType to it's specific art. Also where is the actual art located?)

2. <UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_X</UnitArtStyleType>

Here is X is chosen as one of the CIVS included in Diversica/Assets/Modules/ArtStyles/Civilizations.

If it is a none BTS/Diversica CIV, X is chosen as one of the types included in Diversica/Assets/Modules/ArtStyles/Ethnic. Here the specific ethnic types of X can be found in the various Y_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml.

(Is there an easier way to find out what these UnitArtStyleTypes are? Are they defined somewhere as for the case with the ArtStyleTypes in GlobalTypes.xml?)

EDIT: Bugs found
    a. You want me to send my fixed CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml for all Diversica civs. Fixed for ArtStyleType and UnitArtStyleType?
    b. MiddleEast_Axeman_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml is not working.

2. mamba

mamba Deity

yes

these are artstyles from Cultural Citystyles which in CC replace standard artstyles. Eg. CC's ARTSTYLE_CRESCENT is ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST in standard civ. I commented the replacements out and added the regular styles back in.

CIV4CityLSystem.xml and CIV4PlotLSystem.xml

yes

no, there is one type per dir though, so it should be easy enough to figure out which ones there are (Hellenistic and GrecoRoman are interchangeable however)

I fixed a. on my side, never knew these copy & paste errors existed (thanks) ;) I am surprised they did not cause something noticable

b. is also new to me, probably because none of my civs actually use that unit

Can't hurt to get your fixes though, to see if I missed something ;)

3. apelsinlax

apelsinlax Chieftain

Alright here is my file. I used everything in one file instead of keeping it in one for each civ. Also I have it loading last in my World Map mod module based on GEM.

Some questions.

The modular loading system is not loading the folders in the correct order. For me it loads the folders from top to bottom no matter the order in the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. Also I think it evens loads the folders without even having a MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. I am just a bit confused of how it is supposed to work.

Also I noticed some inconsistency. Some of the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml uses MODULE(S) in some places while using MODULE in others, see below Also does it matter what you replace X with?

A: <Type>MODULES_X_1</Type>
    B: <Type>MODULE_X_1</Type>

(Any progress with the Domestic advisor?)

Attached Files:

4. mamba

mamba Deity

Thanks will take a look.

that is not supposed to happen. I know that in WoC if you did not have an MLF in a dir, it would load the subdirs in alphabetic order (or maybe random, not sure), in RevDCM I always needed an MLF for it to be loaded for some time, never was sure if this was a bug or intentional and whether they ever fixed it.

If they did, it would explain why it works as you describe, assuming there is no MLF in a dir. If you have one, it still should skip all dirs not in the MLF and use the order in the MLF.

that is just text, much like UNIT_ARTSTYLE_X, so no, nothing there matters

Didn't find time to look into this, real life is keeping me busy right now (moving + got a new notebook this week, so am in the process of moving stuff over there too)

5. RPG

RPG King

Mamba, will you be updating the mod with snafusmith's latests units?

6. mamba

mamba Deity

Eventually, have little time atm.

7. mamba

mamba Deity

Ok, found some time to fix the bugs yesterday. While it took me longer to find the time, it was faster than expected to locate the advisor screen bug ;)

Here is version 1.90b

8. RPG

RPG King

Any new content in 1.90b?

9. mamba

mamba Deity

No, just some fixes. I guess new content is coming soon-ish, now that I got the bugs out of the way. Will still wait a bit to see what else will be released soon though.

10. RPG

RPG King

Sounds good to me, snafusmith has been busy lately, I'm sure there's more new units coming.

Thanks for your continued support of this mod!

11. Nwolf

Nwolf Chieftain

G'day mamba

Link seems to be broken?
    Download button at moddb just continually plays adds?:eek:
    yes tried mirror :rolleyes:

Cheers

12. mamba

mamba Deity

Works for me, did not even try mirrors. Download started right away...

13. Nwolf

Nwolf Chieftain

Thanks mamba,

Tried again and although still got problems where the "click here to download" still went to internet explorer "oops" page the mirror worked.

Anyway, love your work, :goodjob:

I made a couple of units a while ago http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=328516, F4U1D, Hellcat etc, seen them floating around in Civ V mods, and thought I'd get back into making some more.

keep up the great work:)

14. RPG

RPG King

Mamba, do you still plan on updating this mod? (I hope.) :)

15. mamba

mamba Deity

Yes, I will still update it. Just waiting for some new units, which were scheduled for late July but have not appeared yet ;)

16. RPG

RPG King

Cool! From who? Snafusmith? Bakuel?

17. mamba

mamba Deity

Bakuel :)

18. RPG

RPG King

Do you know what civ it will be for?

19. mamba

mamba Deity

Yes :mischief:

Spoiler :
    India

20. apelsinlax

apelsinlax Chieftain

Thanks Mamba for fixing the Advisor in 1.90b (I assume this include the problems I had with the Domestic Advisor) even though I dont have time to play CIV at the moment and try it out :(

This is the only MOD I need for all my wishes and I play it on a slightly modified clean GEM world map + realistic diplomacy (to fix the memory time of positive/negative diplo relations)!

Thanks and looking forward to any further updates with further improvement were they to ever happen!

Great and impressive work! :D