1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Diversica

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by mamba, Aug 24, 2007.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

When are updating it then? Because you should have those units now.

2. mamba

mamba Deity

Bakuel's Indian units ? I am not aware that they have been released.

3. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I suppose they haven't. How interested are you in doing this update? And by that I just mean when do you want to do it? It will cost ya. :goodjob:

4. mamba

mamba Deity

I'm in no rush, but if you would provide a link for them it would help things along :D

5. cecilbturtle

cecilbturtle Chieftain

This still alive? I just tried it out for the first time and was hugely impressed...

6. mamba

mamba Deity

It is not abandoned ;)

It does get updated very infrequently these days though, mostly because units get released very infrequently too. If you encounter bugs, I would look into those relatively soon.

7. 64cartridge

64cartridge Chieftain

I have a problem..after starting a game in the mod, the top and bottom bars for civilization states and unit commands were gone, with other similar problems.

8. mamba

mamba Deity

Did you install the patch (correctly) ?

9. 64cartridge

64cartridge Chieftain

Well...its possible I didnt, I am new after all, how woudl I go about it?

10. mamba

mamba Deity

well, first you would download it from the first post (bugfix 1.90b), then you unzip it to the mods directory and make sure all files in the Diversica folder do get overwritten by the ones in the zip file.

Alternatively, extract it elsewhere and copy it to the BtS\Mods directory (this way you are sure the files get overwritten).

11. Bonapartist

Bonapartist Chieftain

I'm currently having a problem with the diplomacy music. I've been driven to my wit's end trying to figure out what's causing it, to no avail.

The problem is that instead of each leader playing their own unique diplomacy music, they all just have it replaced by the same theme from the main menu. This applies to both custom leaders and the original leaders from vanilla/warlords/bts. Every single leader has this problem.

I've checked the xml files - leaderheadinfos, audio2scripts, audiodefines - in both the XML and modular folders over and over. All the entries are there and I can't see fault with them. The mp3 files are also in the correct sounds folder. I've run the WoC_installer.jar countless times. I've tried searching for an answer everywhere. But every time I enter a game, the diplomacy music is always missing.

Otherwise, this mod is pretty much perfect.

Someone please help me - this problem's driving me nuts!

12. mamba

mamba Deity

Hm, that is odd

they should be ok ;)

you do not need to run that at all, I just included it because it is in RevDCM.

Not sure what it actually does for Diversica, as all the entries are already included correctly out of the box.

The only thing I can think of is that the WoC installer somehow screwed it up. Did you try to uninstall (essentially delete the directory) and re-install ?

13. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Apparently we are waiting on Bakuel to upload them, I had them all on my old computer but I just got a PM from somebody who does have them who said that he would update them if Bakuel didn't "return" in due time. So maybe a week or two on those Indians. They are amazing units, and long overdue IMO.

14. Bonapartist

Bonapartist Chieftain

I tried this with the same result. Apparently the WoC installer allows modular audio to function properly, because audio needs to be loaded through the XML directory. So what it does is read the audio xml files in the modular directory and add their contents to the audio xml files in the XML directory.

Anyway this mod would be perfect other than this. But it sort of detracts from the atmosphere of the game when the diplomacy music isn't there. I'd really appreciate it if you could double check the xml files too, since you probably have more experience than I.

15. RPG

RPG King

Mamba, will there be any new civs to take advantage of all (or most) of Bakuel's new units? Or maybe to reuse the units you currently use for India?

And will you include snafu's newer units? He's released a bunch of units (some time ago) after your last update of Diversica.

16. mamba

mamba Deity

The old indian units will be phased out. That never was a consistent set, so to me it is not worth keeping.

As Bakuel apparently made a huge number of units I am tempted to break them into two civilizations, one southern India, one northern India. Will have to look into that (i.e. what northern / southern kingdoms were there, their citylist and what were the more famous leaders and do they exist for civ (or at least someone reasonably similar)).

Suggestions are welcome ;)

Snafus units are already in, I just have not released the update yet, will do so after I added (some of) Bakuels units.

17. RPG

RPG King

I suggest Mughals & Cholas. Cybrxkhan made both civs so it would be easier to use his work at a starting point rather than having to create a couple of civs from scratch. : )

18. mamba

mamba Deity

Looked into this yesterday evening a bit and decided that one of them would definitely be the Cholas, haven't checked if it exists already however.

Given that India got the Mauryan and Maratha units in my mod, Mughals are also an option (even though I thought of having just one northern and one southern India civ so far) ;)

19. RPG

RPG King

Those are good choices as well.

Looking forward to the update.

20. RPG

RPG King

Are there any plans to include any other civs?

Any chance I could convince you to include Brazil using the units you previously used for Portugal?